Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Geeks!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 6:49:20 PM   
Grotius

BlueLavender, you should be able to buy the game via Digital Download, no? Also, I think Matrix has said they'll be taking orders to ship CDs as well. I don't think the game is appearing in retail stores anywhere.

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 31
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 7:13:12 PM   
Von Rom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Og

Boy, this really makes me wonder...I mean do I want to be in the same club as two fat middle-aged men.

What if a female sees me playing this? Will I ever have sex again?

yours
Jiro

Just tell any prospective females you meet that you will soon be taking command of one of the most important theatres of war in all of history; where millions of lives, where many desperate battles, and where thousands of ships and aircraft will all hang in the balance, and where your every command will be of vital importance to the outcome of one of the most titanic struggles ever to occur in the Pacific. . .

They will soon be swooning at your feet, oh Mighty One. . .

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Og)
Post #: 32
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 7:15:07 PM   
Subchaser

quote:

Anybody… call a doctor, please!!! This man needs qualified help!

(in reply to Og)
Post #: 33
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 7:39:05 PM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: Von Rom

quote:

Boy, this really makes me wonder...I mean do I want to be in the same club as two fat middle-aged men.

yours
Jiro

Just tell any prospective females you meet that you will soon be taking command of one of the most important theatres of war in all of history; where millions of lives, where many desperate battles, and where thousands of ships and aircraft will all hang in the balance, and where your every command will be of vital importance to the outcome of one of the most titanic struggles ever to occur in the Pacific. . .

Doubt that. They'd be far more likely to swoon if you could carry on an intelligent conversion concerning ER's Dr. Korday "slut factor" balancing act between two suiters.........

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 34
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 7:41:10 PM   
kaleun

That is soo true.
BTW check out the post by witpwife. The lady deserves a medal!

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to ZOOMIE1980)
Post #: 35
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 8:09:11 PM   
Von Rom

Officer: "Men, yonder lies the great land of Origins, where Matrix dwells."

Wargamers: (Cheering)

Officer: "We have waited these many years to behold the Holy Grail of WiTP. If we venture forth on our Great Crusade we shall encounter heavy traffic, other gamers, ticket attendents, and booth babes. Not to do so means waiting for Digital Download. What say ye, men?"

Wargamers: (Thunderous chanting) "On to Origins!"

Officer: (Raising the banner) "Then onward you brave, stout men!"

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Von Rom -- 6/25/2004 6:27:38 PM >

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 36
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 8:33:54 PM   
dwesolick

quote:

Well, you got the stout part right.

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 37
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 10:17:56 PM   
kaleun

So, How are sales going?

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 38
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 10:48:24 PM   
RevRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwesolick

quote:

Where are Arthur, and Lancelot, and the coconut clappers? Do they have the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch with them?

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 39
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 11:12:21 PM   
Von Rom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZOOMIE1980

quote:

quote:

yours
Jiro

Doubt that. They'd be far more likely to swoon if you could carry on an intelligent conversion concerning ER's Dr. Korday "slut factor" balancing act between two suiters.........

Of course, the trick here is not to let those females know it's just a computer game.

To pull this off successfully, wargamers may need to purchase a uniform, cover it with lots of braid and medals, and strut about the house shouting: "Set carriers on 'Don't React', 'tell those pilots to get more training', and 'remind me to take submarines off computer control' . . ."

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ZOOMIE1980)
Post #: 40
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 11:19:35 PM   
Von Rom

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

quote:

Where are Arthur, and Lancelot, and the coconut clappers? Do they have the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch with them?

Sir Knight: "What? WiTP is only available with Digital Download? Blast! All we have is dial-up. . ."

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 41
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/25/2004 11:31:54 PM   
sprior

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

quote:

Sir Knight: "What? WiTP is only available with Digital Download? Blast! All we have is dial-up. . ."

Run Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 42
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 8:12:14 AM   
Luskan

I know you guys have been salivating after the game - but for those who haven't got it just yet, take a moment aside. At the moment you can still a: sleep, b: walk past the PC at home without checking your email to see if your opponent has FINALLY sent the turn (especially when your opponent is in your time zone and you know he usually sends hi first turn at 7pm, the 2nd at 9 and the last at 11pm sort of thing every night . . .) c: carry on a conversation with a non WITP member of the public.

Xargun - happy gaming. After you and Rob (who's AAR convinced me to buy UV actually) have AARed each other to death, you should be looking up a tester for a more frightening experience.

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 43
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 8:17:24 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

I know you guys have been salivating after the game - but for those who haven't got it just yet, take a moment aside. At the moment you can still a: sleep, b: walk past the PC at home without checking your email to see if your opponent has FINALLY sent the turn (especially when your opponent is in your time zone and you know he usually sends hi first turn at 7pm, the 2nd at 9 and the last at 11pm sort of thing every night . . .) c: carry on a conversation with a non WITP member of the public.

Xargun - happy gaming. After you and Rob (who's AAR convinced me to buy UV actually) have AARed each other to death, you should be looking up a tester for a more frightening experience.

I would love to play the testers - well... at least not until I have Rrob on the ropes So give a month or so then I'll be ready.

Xargun

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 44
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 11:29:42 AM   
rroberson

a month?!?...oh its so on now
quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

I would love to play the testers - well... at least not until I have Rrob on the ropes So give a month or so then I'll be ready.

Xargun

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 45
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 2:31:59 PM   
rawink

CRAP!

I called a close friend of mine who works for "Another" wargame company that is in competition with Matrix.. I asked him to stop by and snag me a copy of WITP.. since he is at Origins too..

bugger wouldn't do it.. bad blood it seems.. I was like.. "Send your wife over to do it then!" and he wouldn't.

he is off my Christmas Card list..

Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 46
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 2:34:37 PM   
Mr.Frag

With friends like that, let him play Japan in the 1945 scenario

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 47
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 2:53:56 PM   
Platoonist

Hmmm. You'll notice that in the background of that picture is a sign that says 'women'.

Wonder if the first guy at that booth bought five at once.

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 48
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 4:38:57 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawink

CRAP!

I called a close friend of mine who works for "Another" wargame company that is in competition with Matrix.. I asked him to stop by and snag me a copy of WITP.. since he is at Origins too..

bugger wouldn't do it.. bad blood it seems.. I was like.. "Send your wife over to do it then!" and he wouldn't.

One would think there would be less of that crap considering the small size of the community. I have an ex-friend who is a deviant to.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 49
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 6:09:34 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

CRAP!

Oh, we have no hard feelings, we will sell it to him gladly

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 50
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 11:22:19 PM   
rawink

lol

He kept saying WITP would never finish... I enjoyed goading him a bit about it .. he works for "S******l G***s..." lol

Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 51
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 11:23:07 PM   
Nikademus

he must have been confusing it with Pacific Tide.....who's website is STILL up after all these years.

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 52
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/26/2004 11:47:48 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

lol

He kept saying WITP would never finish... I enjoyed goading him a bit about it ..

Well, it´s done and it´s selling good too

quote:

he works for "S******l G***s..." lol

Who would have guessed

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 53
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/27/2004 12:04:00 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

"S******l G***s..."

Umm...could someone give me a little hint as to what this means?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 54
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/27/2004 12:06:28 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

"S******l G***s..."

Umm...could someone give me a little hint as to what this means?

Shrapnel Games

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 55
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/27/2004 12:19:03 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Thanks Ron. No wonder I couldnt get that one. The only game of theirs I've ever even heard of is "Colliseum".

Please don't look at me that way ....the first time I was UV, I thought that either Matrix or 2x3 had something to do with SSI.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 56
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/27/2004 4:26:14 AM   
kev_uk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

he must have been confusing it with Pacific Tide.....who's website is STILL up after all these years.

I had to look this up, this was back in '96/97? I remember looking back then and thinking 'wow', could be something....and now 7 years on we have WitP, which is just stunning compared to that idea, in terms of graphics and just about everything. Wasnt David Heath involved with that?

Heres the URL:
http://www.star-games.com/products/pages/pt/pt.html
Take a looksy at the screenies....

Two *possibly* good games died back in the late '90s, Pacific Tide and RTM. Both totally over-ambitious for their time. C'est la vie....

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 57
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/27/2004 8:33:05 AM   
Joel Billings

quote:

Please don't look at me that way ....the first time I was UV, I thought that either Matrix or 2x3 had something to do with SSI.

Well seeing as I started SSI, and Gary published about 25 games through SSI (10-15% of all the games we published at SSI), and many of Matrix's first projects were improvements/mods of old SSI titles, you weren't far from the truth.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 58
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/27/2004 8:34:16 AM   
Arnir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

quote:

Well seeing as I started SSI, and Gary published about 25 games through SSI (10-15% of all the games we published at SSI), and many of Matrix's first projects were improvements/mods of old SSI titles, you weren't far from the truth.

Not to get too far off topic, but I cut my teeth on Computer Air Combat and loved most of the SSI games. Thanks for the memories.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 59
RE: Geeks!!!!!! - 6/27/2004 8:39:10 AM   
gunnergoz

Joel- I see you're from Encinitas. I'm down in San Diego. Any chance I could swing by and buy a copy of WITP from you anytime soon? Prettyplease?

"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

(in reply to Arnir)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Geeks!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI