Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Impressions of the game.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Impressions of the game. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Impressions of the game. - 6/26/2004 7:15:53 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: VI66

Xargon, did you dive right into the major campaign? And what was it like when you first got to hold 5 copies in your hands? Christmas in June? Butterflies?

But of course I did cuz I am stooooopid. I loaded it up and just stared at the map and all the pretty colors - then I started trying to figure out all the symbols and such on it to make it easier. I haven't yet ran the tutorial game yet, but I did read the instructions (kinda counts right ??). What I have been doing is going over the Japanese economy with a fine-toothed comb and have realized something - it is complex - way more than I thought it would be. Now, don't get me wrong... I think anyone who puts the time in can figure it out and achieve limited success with it, but to make it work for you will be hard (plus lots of practice)... I of course am diving right into a PBeM against rrob and will be toying with my economy from the first turn - might as well learn the hard way

As for holding 5 copies they didn't really stay in my hand long.. Right from my hand to my bookbag, so they couldn't decide to take them back from me - at least not without a fight It was like Christmas in June and it still is... I'm just now getting over the excitement of actually having the game and I've owned it for nearly 36 hours... Now I just need a couple years or so to get over the excitement of playing it !!

Xargun

(in reply to VI66_slith)
Post #: 31
RE: Impressions of the game. - 6/26/2004 1:34:08 PM   
pry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

But of course I did cuz I am stooooopid. I loaded it up and just stared at the map and all the pretty colors - then I started trying to figure out all the symbols and such on it to make it easier. I haven't yet ran the tutorial game yet, but I did read the instructions (kinda counts right ??). What I have been doing is going over the Japanese economy with a fine-toothed comb and have realized something - it is complex - way more than I thought it would be. Now, don't get me wrong... I think anyone who puts the time in can figure it out and achieve limited success with it, but to make it work for you will be hard (plus lots of practice)... I of course am diving right into a PBeM against rrob and will be toying with my economy from the first turn - might as well learn the hard way

Xargun

Xargun,

Helpful Tester Tip © Before you get carried away with the Japanese ecomomy, One of the first things you REALLY NEED to do with Japanese production is expand all of your Nakijima Engine factories right off the bat on turn 1. You start with a limited surplus in the pool but are already going in the hole to the tune of 66 engines per month. This is the Japanese achillies heel and IMHO the most important change you need to make as the Japanese player. Your need for this type of engine is always increasing as new models come on line so keep a very close watch on your engines. No engines No airplanes...

< Message edited by pry -- 6/26/2004 6:24:00 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 32
RE: Impressions of the game. - 6/26/2004 5:18:19 PM   
Xargun

Thanks for the hint Pry. I saw that that they produce like 100 less Nakajima engines then they currently need - but wasn't sure how important they are.

Xargun

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Impressions of the game. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI