Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Houraaaa for ver 7.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Houraaaa for ver 7.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Houraaaa for ver 7.0 - 12/27/2001 3:56:00 PM   
Cromort

Hello everyone, i've just started a generated campaign with Germany as usual and i'm in north Africa.
What i wanna say is : cut the crap and stop yelling for bugs and other socalled inacurracies 'cuz this is a real good version of SPWAW where AI does much better, or at least the troops are better positionned giving the opportunnity to play better mobile warfare, Anyway, thanks Matrix for this great version and have some great holidays "Nunc hic, post ibi"
Cromort

Post #: 1
- 12/27/2001 8:33:00 PM   
Warrior

Cromort, thanks for posting. It's refreshing to see something other than complaints about v7. I've been playing the game through about 10 upgrades - with each the game was improved, and after each I've had to adjust my playing tactics to the new (and better) level of realism. After each upgrade there was a loud chorus of complaints that the game "ain't like it was" or has been fatally flawed by the changes. Well, by gosh, the game is still here and v7 is the best SPWaW yet.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 2
- 12/28/2001 2:59:00 AM   
Redleg

SPWAW rules! I haven't been able to find anything that measures up to it.... and I have looked and looked. Wasted a lot of $ doing it, too.

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 3
- 12/28/2001 3:19:00 AM   
lnp4668

I still thinks that the general improvement in v7.0 outweight any problem it may have. The addition of 2 players campaign is the best.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 4
- 12/28/2001 4:15:00 AM   
Supervisor

No complaints from ver 7 from me. I'm glad to see all of our beta testing take shape and produce the best War game to date. As with any game there is always going to be minor flaws but as in the past I commend Matrix and fellow gamers for the blood, sweet and tears to produce such a fine product. To all those complainers, can you tell me of another company that works so hard to constantly update their products at the request of the gamers???????????

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 5
- 12/28/2001 4:34:00 AM   
ZinZan

Hear Hear, This is the BEST WW2 game out there (and I've been looking for 28 years) and I include miniatures, board and computer games in my opinion. SPWaW Is the game I was looking for when I first bout a computer many years ago. the AI is the best oi have ever seen, the support (for a free game) is outstanding and this forum is amazing.

ZinZan <br/> Peace is an extension of war by political means. Plenty of elbow room is pleasanter - and much safer. <br/> Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein.

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 6
- 12/28/2001 5:58:00 AM   
m200

VER 6 IS DEAD LONG LIVE VER 7
m200

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 7
- 12/29/2001 12:20:00 PM   
Mike Wood

Hello... Thank you. We appreciate your joy. Bye... Michael Wood

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 8
- 12/30/2001 7:21:00 AM   
krull

Actually 7 has some nice features. Only bad part is supping up german tanks. Just check out pbem games. I refuse to play any battles where i most be target practice for unkillable and DEAD accurate german tanks. I can kill a few But its so out of whack its not worth the waste of time to play Knowing the German Player will Win out right if its an even point to point game. Infrantry changes are pretty nice thru.

Krull

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 9
- 12/30/2001 7:49:00 AM   
Tomanbeg

quote:

Originally posted by krull:
Actually 7 has some nice features. Only bad part is supping up german tanks. Just check out pbem games. I refuse to play any battles where i most be target practice for unkillable and DEAD accurate german tanks. I can kill a few But its so out of whack its not worth the waste of time to play Knowing the German Player will Win out right if its an even point to point game. Infrantry changes are pretty nice thru.
Try the minor countries. Huns and Rums use Jerry equipment late war. I havn't tried this with 7.0 yet, but it works well with 6.1. The minors don't get the superman effect. One of them has what is called a Tigeris. I tried looking between its treads to see just how different it was, but my sig O caught me. Started holloring about me dropping my new monitor.
T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 10
- 12/30/2001 8:16:00 AM   
Redleg

Try negotiating settings for pbem - that's all it takes. That what all of those settings are for. Try putting German Hitting at about 80 or Soviet Hitting at about 120. That sort of thing.

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 11
- 12/30/2001 1:21:00 PM   
sebagonzalez

I am not against V7, just against it´s oob, or better said, dont like many changes of the oob in V7 that made the game (my presonal opinion), more innacurate than V7 in some aspects. I am not a preacher to tell people what to think about V7 ""OOBs" or 6.1 "OOBS". I think V7 has been a major improvement in what refers to the game sytem with the online campaign feature and so on (and maybe better stability for online play as i notice), but the OOb is very arguable. I just dont ask Matrix to make official changes to their OOb and make a 7.1 or 7.2 Ver. I will sit down in my desk for many hours per day, find what i think iws wrong in the new oobs and then publish it for other gamers who can feel it more appealing. I will make u remember guys, that no company keeps upgrading its products for ever, they just go till some definitive version and they stop there. Thats the moment when the gamers put their trousers on and start making modifications to the equippment files to aproach what they think is the most accurate configuration. Then u see growing great variety of oob files, for a great variety of historical postures and/or tastes. That happened to all games i played, for example Panzer General (14 diferent oobs to choose now, user made), and this is something exellent to me.
I am already working with others in one new user made oob. PS: If someone of u knows the Close combat series of Atomic Games, u know then what i am talking about when i refer to usermade mods..hehe. Thats what makes a game more appealing for more and more people. Open mind guys. Happy new year to all of u, and hope that this community endures for many ,many years more!!!

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

(in reply to Cromort)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Houraaaa for ver 7.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI