Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with Me?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Problem with Me? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 3:14:09 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

Did the down load, got the game but it will not open from the desktop Icon. Instead I get an Error message. Mech Ex works fine though.

I waited to post this because I figured that if someone else had this problem they would have asked about it here. Seeing no such post I figure that I must be stupid or forgot to do something simple, like turn my computer on. But after making sure that the screen was not a 10 year olds crayon Picasso, I was reasonably sure it was running.

Any suggestions?

KED
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 3:20:36 AM   
TomBell

Thats a puzzler. My first download was from Sweden and it gave me an error message after an hour, but second from US was fine. I would DL one more time to be sure I had everything. It was worth it.

(in reply to Kevin E. Duguay)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 3:51:39 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

I did do it twice but both were from Europe. Off to the races again!!

Oh and thanks for the reply!

KED

(in reply to TomBell)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 5:39:07 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

Stll have a problem. Can still use the game through MECH EXE and it works fine just cant get it to start from desk top. May have to make my own short cut.

KED

Post #: 4
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 6:24:08 AM   
Hexed Gamer

If you have downloaded more than once Kevin, then it sounds like your computer environment has to be the culprit.

Post #: 5
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 6:31:51 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

You are probably right. I recently had a security problem that needed attention. I may have to get my brother in-law Back to take a look. I have all the reqirements and everything seems to be OK. Just cant get it to work off the desk top Icon. I'm now trying another source but expect the same results.

KED

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 6:56:50 AM   
AmmoSgt

Kevin.. I have the same problem .. just figured it was a typical Matrix D/L- install thing .. I run mine from Mech anyway.

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

Post #: 7
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 8:06:51 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

Ammo,

Im running a Windows ME machine could this be it? Everything is updated and I should be free of bugs etc. I have never had this problem before.

Just played a scenario and no problems from the MECH EXE.

< Message edited by Kevin E. Duguay -- 7/3/2004 1:05:39 AM >

KED

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 2:43:56 PM   
robot

There has always as far back as i can remember been a problem with running without using the mech exec. For some reason most everybody has to run from the mech exec. If you look back thru archives you will have seen this same question at least 100 times. What diff does it make if you have to run from mech or not. If it works well that way use it. Why would you think you had to go thru another download if the game worked.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

Post #: 9
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 3:35:05 PM   
Hexed Gamer

It never ceases to amaze me (personally), how I can know so little about computers (I mean little :)), and yet have so few troubles (well it seems that way).

I am running XP Pro and aside from ordinary updates, it really isn't modified in any unusual way.

My video card likely deserves the word "sucks" and my ram is by no means "awesome".

Yet, since 5.something I have yet to ever experience any manner of trouble installing Steel Panthers World at War.

Am I just lucky?

How many of you guys having trouble, have high performance hardware and high performance requirement software running?

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 10
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 5:42:32 PM   
FlashfyreSP

The only problem I discovered was that after installing the game, the splash screen that appears when you click the desktop icon will not access the game program. This is the screen that has links to Matrix and the Steel Panthers site, as well as the Alienware one.

I tried numerous times to start the game, and all i got was the radio static sound when the cursor was over the link, then a click cound when I pressed the mouse button. The game itself never started. Finally made my own shortcut to the mech.exe file, and no problems.

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 11
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/2/2004 8:45:23 PM   
Charles2222

Does the shortcut go to the mech.exe file? If not, change it's route to that and see if the shortcut will work. I don't ever recall having a problem with any of my SPWAW shortcuts in the past, as I would always redirect them to mech.exe anyway (haven't downloaded this one though).

Post #: 12
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/3/2004 3:24:58 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

quote:

I would always redirect them to mech.exe anyway

Thank you Charles_22 that did the trick!

Go to the desk top Icon click, find properties, click Find autorun.exe" and change to MECH.EXE" and it works fine!

KED

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 13
RE: Problem with Me? - 7/3/2004 3:29:42 PM   
Charles2222

You're welcome.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Problem with Me? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI