Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sticker Shock - Is it worth it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Sticker Shock - Is it worth it? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sticker Shock - Is it worth it? - 7/3/2004 12:21:51 AM   
kaleun

Reminds me of a friend I have, who had a used Rover. She apparently loved her previous Rover, so she bought the same model, used like 5 years later.
In any case, she kept having problems with it, which nobody in the whole union could fix, but, if you went to the support webpage they would have answers like:
"The power window on the driver's side does not work"
"You need to clean the right taillight"
"OK that works"

"The headlights dont turn off"
"recline the passenger seat, and pull on the seatbelt"

And so on.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to marc420)
Post #: 61
RE: Sticker Shock - Is it worth it? - 7/3/2004 12:27:02 AM   
Grotius

Well marc420, if you disliked UV, you may not like WiTP either. I actually like some of the things you say you don't like. I like the logistics. And I like it when the chaos of war means my guys don't always do what I expect. Apart from that, the game does have much of the look and feel of UV, so if you disliked that interface, you may not love this either. There are many improvements to the UV engine in WiTP, such as more options to automate logistics, but in the end it's not for everyone.

Me, I loved UV, and I love this game even more. The scope is just awe-inspiring. I'm sitting here fighting the entire Pacific war with individual ships, aircraft, and pilots, day by day. (Yes, there are 2- and 3-day turn options. Not for me.) For me, it doesn't get any better than this.

(in reply to marc420)
Post #: 62
RE: Sticker Shock - Is it worth it? - 7/3/2004 12:30:19 AM   
kaleun

quote:

Me, I loved UV, and I love this game even more. The scope is just awe-inspiring. I'm sitting here fighting the entire Pacific war with individual ships, aircraft, and pilots, day by day. (Yes, there are 2- and 3-day turn options. Not for me.) For me, it doesn't get any better than this.

Well, you could actually have a say on what's on the menu for lunch at all the bases....

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 63
RE: Sticker Shock - Is it worth it? - 7/3/2004 12:36:28 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

The bit I've already seen on the website that says you must press "CANCEL LOADING" in order for the ships to load makes me suspect the WITP UI isn't much better than the UV UI.

That is specifically related to people who want to forgo history and create a custom first turn. It is a little tidbit to ensure your ships get the special first turn distance. It does not apply to normal game play. Just wanted to clear that up

(in reply to marc420)
Post #: 64
RE: Sticker Shock - Is it worth it? - 7/3/2004 12:37:56 AM   
WiTP_Dude

Game looks outstanding, but there is so much information to process. Should be more managable as one learns the interface and rules. I am looking for an opponent to play the Guadalcanal scenario, which is quite small. Check the seeking opponents section.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Sticker Shock - Is it worth it? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI