Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCLV arrived!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MCLV arrived! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCLV arrived! - 1/3/2002 4:27:00 PM   
AC

This morning the postman delivered my MCLV here in northern Italy. According to Fedex tracking, it had been sent on December 31st. So, it took not even 3 days to arrive. Seems that from Desert Fox times you guys at Matrix have made a huge progress in getting your products quickly to the customers! Thanks and compliments! AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943
Post #: 1
- 1/3/2002 8:08:00 PM   
AlvinS

Thats fast. I live in the U.S. and my MCLV was shipped on the 28th of december and is due to arrive on the 7th of January. Go figure. AlvinS

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 2
- 1/3/2002 9:57:00 PM   
Valoche

Fortunately the delivery is quick, the price of this delivery is more expensive than the game and I'm living in Quebec The last victory is the last campaign for me.
This price is a disgrace !!!

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 3
- 1/4/2002 2:45:00 AM   
richmonder

3 days across the ocean. Unbelievable. Here I got the message Dec 29th, delivery to be 9th Jan. What a crock. UPS = lame.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 4
- 1/4/2002 2:57:00 AM   
Mark Ezra

Drinking coffee from my brand new Matrix Coffee Mug and loading "Lost Victories". Delivered on time. Matrix has always shown a high degree of Customer Service. During the first spat of Growing pains they worked night and day to solve the problems and learned from the mistakes. Was I surprized to see that my order was dispatched without a hitch. No. I never gave it a thought. I have see how much Matrix cares for their games and their gamers. If you are new to Matrix let me assure you: These guys are just as great as their games!

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 5
- 1/4/2002 3:00:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

quote:

Originally posted by Valoche:
Fortunately the delivery is quick, the price of this delivery is more expensive than the game and I'm living in Quebec The last victory is the last campaign for me.
This price is a disgrace !!!

Well, also I'm just in my 3rd scenario (still June 22nd [!]), I think that MCLV is worth every cent I paid.
Even if I would have paid the full shipment costs it would still have been worth while.
However, I do agree with you that it is a disgrace to pay more for the shipment than for the CD....
But if this results in purchasing no more items from Matrix, then something has gone wrong.
My suggestion:
Wait until Combat Leader or Close Assault are published and place an order for several items at one time.
Or find someone in the US who will send it to you.
Or find someone in Canada who organises a group order or organise a group order.
Have you looked for Chips&Bits? They sell MCs for $29.99 (also I'm not sure about it nor did I know the shipment costs of chips&bits). Kind regards,
Roland

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 6
- 1/4/2002 8:07:00 AM   
U235

Must be an East Coast thing (USA), my copy is not suppose to arrive until the 9th too.

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 7
- 1/4/2002 8:34:00 AM   
Randy

I just got my MC as indicated by UPS on 12/28. I think part of the reason we get it so soon on the West coast is that it is shipped from the San
Francisco area. Now if I can figure how to load it with that error. I just might buy the WT Campaign now so I can load them all in order w/o messing things up. Well worth the wait!! Good New Years gift.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 8
- 1/4/2002 10:43:00 AM   
Redleg

Received LVMC today - right on schedule. West Coast.

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 9
- 1/4/2002 1:10:00 PM   
tracer

quote:

Originally posted by U-235:
Must be an East Coast thing (USA), my copy is not suppose to arrive until the 9th too.
Yeah, they're coming via UPS ground from CA, so west coast gets em pretty much next day. Mine left 'North Bay Hub' on 12/29 and is scheduled to arrive the 7th.

Jim NSB

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 10
- 1/4/2002 2:02:00 PM   
Randy

Tracer, the UPS ground route might be why some of the guys in Europe are even getting them before you Easterners are.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 11
- 1/4/2002 10:20:00 PM   
richmonder

Just watched a report last night about how FedEx and UPS are raising shipping rates a good bit to compensate for the economic dip. Well, I am thinking USPS from here on out, guys. Is it possible for Matrix to do that? Plus, they also wORK ON SATURDAYS! Criminey!

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 12
- 1/5/2002 12:50:00 AM   
Charles2222

I would imagine, that if you want your customers to get their shipments quickly Christmas releases don't work very well. Just think of all those holidays those postal services had. Add to that the propensity of people going on vacations, so that their high volume of mail has even less attendants.I don't know about the postal services, but with the company I work for everybody and their dog is off on vacation from 12/24-1/02. Seriously, in IS, we have so many people take off, without management stepping in, that we literally have nobody to call in a number of instances because the primary contact and all of their secondaries have all taken off. What perpetuates this problem even more is if you're one of those poor saps that didn't take off that period, you're going to be so overwhelmed that you're likely to try to make sure that next time you're not the one left behind. [ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Charles_22 ]

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 13
- 1/5/2002 4:11:00 AM   
Red Baron

Just got my copy to day! So now here i´m sitting in my best chair, layed back style with my new cap and t-shirt, smokin on my best cigar and no way i will be in any kind of modest corner..THIS IS THE BEST WARGAME EVER and LV is without any doubt a Campaign that will keep a lot of grognards glued to the screen for some time! At least i will Thanks Matrix.
The only drawback is that Fedex charged me extra before they where willing to deliver the parcel 20$!! and on top of that the stupide Danish Tax system charged me an additional 30$..So all in all this CD and T-shirt+Cap, has cost me 110$!! Well, nothing in this life comes for free, but in the future i hope that Matrix finds a way to distribute their products overseas in another fashion. I for one will do what ever i can to support such a development, at least in Scandinavia..feel free to contact me
Regards..Michael

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 14
- 1/5/2002 5:16:00 AM   
Steve Wilcox

Woohoo! My MCs arrived in Victoria, BC, Canada late this morning, delivered by a kinda cute FedEx girl. The Canadian government charged $17.53 as an additional bonus cost for delivery, but I was expecting some extra miscellaneous charges, so all is well, and definitely worth it. Thank you Matrix! :-)

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MCLV arrived! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI