Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yes!!! This game rocks!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Yes!!! This game rocks! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yes!!! This game rocks! - 1/5/2002 7:16:00 PM   
chpo

Thanks all of you for your suggestions on my problems. I think (hope?) it is solved by now. It seems that the antivirus program caused the trouble - just as someone suggested. So, I removed it and so far things work fine. Gee, the smiles on these gremlins are just not big enough! On the other hand, I don't want to be without a virus protection either. The one I had was Panda. Which ones do you use? /Christopher

Electronic soldiers leave no electronic widows
Post #: 1
- 1/5/2002 7:34:00 PM   
pax27

Norton Antivirus. It´s really good, it can scan your e-mails in Outlook Express and can give you warnings about cookies and trojans you don´t want. It also reminds you to download updates if you´ve forgot that for a while. Nä, men å andra sidan är ju inte den röda "graemlinen" tillräckligt sur heller

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 2
- 1/5/2002 8:02:00 PM   
mogami

Greetings you don't actually have to remove a program with conflicts. Just cont-alt-delete and turn it off before starting SPWaW or you can just tell it not to load by clicking start/accessaries/system tools/system info and going to startup and removing the check mark now it will not load unless you tell it to. You can have your cake and eat it to, in this regard.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 3
- 1/5/2002 8:19:00 PM   
Warrior

McAfee online VirusScan has worked like a champ for me. In fact, it caught a virus coming with an email two days ago. Updates are automatic. Go here: http://www.mcafee.com/default.asp?a=a&oemid= [ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 4
- 1/5/2002 9:57:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmmm well I am taking credit for Chpo's fix then heheh.
Not that it was any wise words, but I guess he responded to my comments with respects to anti virus well. And thats it folks. Wonder just how many tech questions floating around about the game being at fault, are actually the fault of something completely outside of the Steel panthers software itself eh.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 5
- 1/5/2002 10:16:00 PM   
Figmo

Good catch LTS9-1! I use Norton Anti-virus and would never have thought of that!

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 6
- 1/6/2002 12:00:00 AM   
Don Doom

I have Norton's Firewall & anti-vir. at home and had no problems running both in the background when playing.
98SE
Voodoo 3000 latest drivers
SB Live Latest drivers
DirectX7[dislike DirectX8,8a]
AMD k3,3D 550MHZ 128MB ram Had problems with 6.1, but when 7beta & up have had no problems except with trying to test the beta version of LV. Otherwise no problems.

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 7
- 1/6/2002 12:43:00 AM   
toundra

I Have no problem with AVP
by the way if you need THE anti vrus protection us it, Norton is a dangerous crap...
here is the swiss site www.avp.ch

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 8
- 1/6/2002 1:18:00 AM   
chief

Chpo: I use AVG (free)and it has done all it's suppose to do....game works great with it on...shut AVG down when loading or updating game(s).

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 9
- 1/6/2002 2:10:00 AM   
troopie

Macafee was a pain. I use Norton now. Automatic updates, e-mail scans, automated virus scans. Wouldn't use anything else. Get Norton. It doesn't interfere with any of my games, either. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 10
- 1/6/2002 3:03:00 PM   
Krec

i use norton, works great never had a problem. scans my emails coming and going with live updates regularly.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Yes!!! This game rocks! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI