Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game has suddenly started to hang

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Game has suddenly started to hang Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game has suddenly started to hang - 7/25/2004 8:19:16 PM   
DJAndrews

Hi,

I've reached turn 80 (about Aug 25/44) in the Mariannas scenario (against the AI) and all of a sudden the turn will not complete. It processes the majority of the turn, reaches the actions "merging sub units" and "sub unit merge complete" and then stops. The mouse moves but there is no other response and the only way out is to Cntl-Alt-Del. I have already won the scenario, but it would be nice to get to August 29 to see how WITP ends the game.

I don't know whether its in any way related but I have had problems with some units disappearing and failing to merge at Ulithi. I've attached the game save that hangs and if you'll notice there are some 350+ assault points shown at Ulithi but when you add up the units individually you only find 170 assault points. The missing points belong to two regiments of the 77 division that disappeared shortly after FTing into the base and capturing it. The disappearance happened 10 or 20 turns ago and there have been no problems with subsequent turns until the one that's attached was reached. The disappearing units may therefore be an unrelated anomoly - can only guess.

I have tried runing an old save from about 8 turns ago and it processes completely so it doesn't appear to be a problem with a file suddenly becoming corrupt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry ... I just tried to attach the saved file but it says that Witp002.pws is unsupported. Could someone tell me how to upload the saved file? Thanx.

< Message edited by DJAndrews -- 7/25/2004 6:29:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Game has suddenly started to hang - 7/26/2004 12:55:25 PM   
DJAndrews

Anyone at Matrix or among the testers? I'm reluctant to start another game if this kind of thing can happen randomly.

(in reply to DJAndrews)
Post #: 2
RE: Game has suddenly started to hang - 7/26/2004 3:54:12 PM   
DoomedMantis

Do you have a save prior to your units/subunits disappearing? From your explaination, this looks to be the cause of your hangup.

Also how long proir to your hangup issues did you get the sub unit problem?

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to DJAndrews)
Post #: 3
RE: Game has suddenly started to hang - 7/26/2004 4:50:44 PM   
DJAndrews

I have a number of saves that may help in solving the mistery.

8/6/44 - a couple of days before any trouble was noticed.
8/8/44 - turn before two FT'd regiments capture Ulithi and then go missing
8/9/44 - turn after
8/9/44 (2) - next turn exceuted
8/16/44 - several days later, game working fine
8/25/44 - result of last turn that worked in the game
8/25/44 - turn that fails

As you can see the inital problem occured quite a while (17 turns) before the turn that locks up.

Let me know which saves are needed and how I can send these to you.
Thanx for the asssistance.

Note Added:

I ran the Aug 16 save in continuous mode, on the computer vs computer setting last night. It ran to completion (Sept 1) without hanging. For some odd reason 300 second line troops from one of the "disappeared" regiments was found loaded on a transport, back in Entiwok at the end of the game. The remainder of the two missing regiments remained unaccounted for except for the extra assault points which were still showing up at Ulithi.

< Message edited by DJAndrews -- 7/27/2004 3:24:01 AM >

(in reply to DoomedMantis)
Post #: 4
RE: Game has suddenly started to hang - 7/27/2004 6:47:23 PM   
DJAndrews

Bump.

(in reply to DJAndrews)
Post #: 5
RE: Game has suddenly started to hang - 7/29/2004 7:21:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi,

Please e-mail the files to me at erikr@matrixgames.com. I'll make sure the testing team and developers get them so that they can figure out what's going on.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to DJAndrews)
Post #: 6
RE: Game has suddenly started to hang - 7/30/2004 4:00:57 AM   
mongo

There is a known bug when night bombers encounter night fighters. Do you have some missions set this way?

"Mongo only pawn..in game of life"

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Game has suddenly started to hang - 8/2/2004 7:32:58 PM   
DJAndrews

quote:

ORIGINAL: mongo

There is a known bug when night bombers encounter night fighters. Do you have some missions set this way?

I'm aware of the bug you're talking about and the problem I referring to quite is different. It occurs during AI processessing and it is a complete hang. You can by-pass the bug you're referring to by hitting esc when the combat sim fails to appear or by shutting of the combat animations. With the problem I'm having, the game locks up rather than CTD and Ctrl-Alt-Del is the only recourse.

Multiple save files have been forwarded to Matrix test staff for their examination.

Edit: Game save files were from original, unpatched version.

< Message edited by DJAndrews -- 8/3/2004 11:21:24 AM >

(in reply to mongo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Game has suddenly started to hang Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI