Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Members Area

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Members Area Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 5:53:14 PM   
TF 38

Hello everyone,

As Smiffus64 indicated above and as confirmed last night, via email, by Erik, this link was no good:

forums@matrixgames.com

Further, it was only in the last 48 hours that MG realized that the link was broken. Unfortunately for me, my requests for help to the addy above weren't getting bounced back, so I had no idea that the address was broken. I have a SENT ITEMS folder in OE full of messages to the address, BTW.

Likewise, I have attempted to contact this email address in regard to the MEMBERS AREA, and have received no response:

membersarea@matrixgames.com

I first registered for these forums in 2001 under an email account with another ISP. When I returned here recently, I did so under that old username. When I attempted to update my info to the new, authentic email addy, it apparently HOSED that account. So, I created a new one using my email from work, with a new username. I'm clueless as to why any of this would render my registration to the MEMBERS AREA such an utter waste of time, but I'm sure that there's some connection.

In closing, I'd like to point out that the subject of this thread was very narrow and was addressed with the greeting DEAR MATRIXGAMES. Why the FANBOYS/SYNCOPHANTS among you choose to dump manure on a WILDLY frustrated customer is a matter to be left to you and your therapists. But, you're MOONEY-ESQUE response to my difficulties serves MG not one little bit. I moderate several game forums, and simply wouldn't have allowed this kind of crap to take place.

Great thanks to Erik for trying to help. :)

EDIT: UPDATE, I have finally received a response from the member's area email link. Perhaps there's hope! :-D

< Message edited by TF 38 -- 7/30/2004 3:58:54 PM >

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 61
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:24:24 PM   
rogueusmc

quote:

ORIGINAL: TF 38

Why the FANBOYS/SYNCOPHANTS among you choose to dump manure on a WILDLY frustrated customer is a matter to be left to you and your therapists. But, you're MOONEY-ESQUE response to my difficulties serves MG not one little bit.

Still no Valium I take it?

Just checking,
FANBOY/SYNCOPHANT-01

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 62
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:31:49 PM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

quote:

ORIGINAL: TF 38

Why the FANBOYS/SYNCOPHANTS among you choose to dump manure on a WILDLY frustrated customer is a matter to be left to you and your therapists. But, you're MOONEY-ESQUE response to my difficulties serves MG not one little bit.

Still no Valium I take it?

Just checking,
FANBOY/SYNCOPHANT-01
I bet all his socks are arranged just "so" in his little sock drawer organized by color and texture, and those polyester slacks have the crease ironed just so.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 63
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 9:24:21 PM   
Black Cat

Don`t Feed The Troll guys....

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 64
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 10:02:16 PM   
rogueusmc

Yes Sir

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 65
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 10:12:53 PM   
von Murrin

Geez guys. The patch is out, so go play already!

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 66
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 10:36:30 PM   
rogueusmc

I'm at work right now....have to wait til I get home to TRY to get into the MEMBERS AREA...just kidding...

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 67
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 10:38:29 PM   
von Murrin

I'm at work, too. I'd just rather see you folks swapping jokes and strategic advice than beating each other over the head.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 68
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 10:54:56 PM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

I'm at work right now....have to wait til I get home to TRY to get into the MEMBERS AREA...just kidding...
STOP IT!!! Your killing me ROFL

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 69
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 10:59:37 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

thanks Marc, I found my serial number in the members area for Screaming Eagles as well - yippeee !

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 70
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 11:14:12 PM   
joliverlay

I hate to say this but I also don't like the way the patches are handled. I cannot download the patch at home because it is so large. I cannot access my Members Only location at work, cause I cant remember the password they gave me. When I get my password sent to me (which I can't remember) it gets sent to my house! OK, I'll drive home to get the password, and dirve back to work to download the patch. Give me a break, there is no reason in the world the patch could not be provided another way, unless it is a stand alone exe file, in which case I could understand perhaps.

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 71
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 11:22:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

Joliverlay,

We certainly didn't expect the patch to be so large. The unforeseen sound problems caused it to swell to a size we really didn't want, but had to do. Future patches should be much smaller. I understand that having to remember a password can be a hassle, but in exchange we've taken out all other forms of copy protection and also will keep adding value to the Members Area as time goes on. I apologize for any inconvenience, we are at the very beginning stages of this and I'm afraid there are still a few rough edges. We will work hard to make this a less frustrating experience in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 72
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 11:27:18 PM   
DrewMatrix

quote:

I cannot download the patch at home because it is so large. etc.

What I am doing is just to email (from home where I have the game and my Serial Number but only dial up) my Serial Number etc to my work Email account. Then (going to work where I have a T1 line) I can get the numbers I need, download it fast, burn it to CD and take it home.

I am a little sad I don't have a T1 line at home, and I am a little sad I am busy at work and probably can't get all this done until Fri night or Sat AM.

But I don't expect Matrix to install a T1 line to my house nor to handle my work for me while I go home for the Serial Number

Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 73
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 12:22:08 AM   
rwenstrup

Sorry...usually try to stay out of these things...but this time it's just too much...

...First let me say I love the job Matrix Games has done... starting with the free give away of Steel Panthers...and topping that great move with improving on it was nothing short of brilliant

...followed by game downloads...I have to tip my hat to Matrix...

...so please take the following in the proper light...I will always buy Matrix games before anyone else...

...but...this patch process is just dumb...

...first it is a little aggravating to have to have a major patch to download for a game you paid $70-80 for...strike one...

...then you can't get your password for a while...

...then it doesn't work...strike two...

...then when you get in the patch won't download...strike three...

...then when you call Matrix no one is available to help you...strike...aw forget it....

...then you send an email without getting a reply....

...really guys...you know how to take advantage of computer technology ... you've done it...but this is exactly the wrong thing to do...

...I'd suggest that you use the serial numbers to limit copying as much as possible and drop it! ... you need the expertise of the community to make the games provide the full value your leveraging (scenarios and cheap tech support) so don't tick off your customers....

Thanks...I feel a lot better now....

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 74
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 2:29:14 AM   
Charles2222

quote:

ORIGINAL: SunDevil

You do not have to log in, or register in gaining access to these forums. You can read them, and download patches, all you can not do is post questions like you are doing now. You do not have to register anything in order to download patches.

Just a general gripe to start off with, then on to your statement. I've been a member of those forums for very long now. I assume MG has my email address and the password (or whatever password the member's area requires which also shows the email address). It is a shock that I too have to go through buying a game with no actual physical material whatsoever, and yet I can't even get a patch without some 3rd degree. To make matters worse, some weeks back I tried to use the "forgot your password" function and it never emailed me back. I suppose I got whatever I was looking for some other way, or gave up on it entirely, and forgot about it. Now as of about noon CST today I tried this feature again so I could get the blasted patch. Of course, there's no response. I've now sent an email to tech support about this.

I understand that I may not be a member of whatever the member's area is, but since I sent my email address properly I should at least expect that it could state that I wasn't a member thereby if that's why I get no response back. The thing I'm afraid of is having to do some goofy registration that destroys my current logonid and has me starting out as a newbie again. BTW, I don't think I ever registered the game, which is probably where I was trying this 'forgot your password" feature before and gave up on it for the reasons cited.

I have no idea where it's possible to download this without being 'a member'. Care to elaborate? The 1.20 online thread doesn't seem to have it.

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 75
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 2:32:52 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Thanks for posting something from over 13 hours ago. This was before the patch was released, and also before the announcement that it was only going to be download from the members section. I agree that if you are not registered with the members section and someone gives their email and asks for their password to be sent, even though it does not exist is bad programming. The user should be told that their information is not in the DB and they should register.

The original poster of this thread was trying to get into the members section to download a patch that at that time did not exist, they only patches were in the support forum.

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 7/30/2004 4:34:17 PM >

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 76
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 2:41:35 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

Thanks for posting something from over 13 hours ago. This was before the patch was released, and also before the announcement that it was only going to be download from the members section. I agree that if you are not registered with the members section and someone gives their email and asks for their password to be sent, even though it does not exist is bad programming. The user should be told that their information is not in the DB and they should register.

The original poster of this thread was trying to get into the members section to download a patch that at that time did not exist, they only patches were in the support forum.

Not necessarily, some sites do this to stop someone from trying to find out what email addresses have been registered. Stops people using it for trying to determine valid email addresses.

Bodhi

Post #: 77
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 2:53:42 AM   
Charles2222

quote:

First of all Sundevil, I don't read every single thread in this forum, so you'll forgive me please if the one I opened and read in it's entireity said nothing about things changing in that span of time. Those 13 hours were spent in two functions (until these very latest minutes), one being sleep, and the other being work. Oh, I agree that work shouldn't be a problem, it is where I responded to the tech support from, but something about having that huge MG logo up there, something I've griped about before, somehow discourages me when there's a large display window to our computer work area behind me such that I send only brief moments on the site while there (fortunately [dare I say this?] the popup to post in the forum doesn't have a logo itself). So am I correct in interpreting your response as meaning that it was available in the forums when it was not in the member's area, and now that it's in the member's area it's not in the forums? Grrrreat!

Will Matrix be willing to reinstate my current logonid if my registering, or trying to register now, obliterates it? The entrance to the members area requires both email address and password. It might also alleviate confusion if that particular screen were to mention, if indeed it is so, that membership to the forums doesn't transfer to the member's area (that it s a new area with a new registration).

Thanks.

Post #: 78
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 3:01:05 AM   
goodwood

Hi, Erik, Its not a case of remembering the password, it is the system not accepting it and again administration not replying to forgot password emails and resubscribing emails. I have never had any problems entering the members area until today. So its not cookies or any other browser problems that I'm aware of. We already have the game, so why make so difficult to get the patch. I'm sure if there are pirated copies out there, those people with it shouldn't have too many problems getting pirated patches either. All you seemed to be doing is making it difficult for those genuine buyers. Fine protect your intellectural assets, but don't piss off the people that feed you. just make available lik 99% of other game patches or fix the members area.

And for you other fine individuals accusing people of trolling whining etc etc etc, and those who already have the patch, listen to what they are saying there is a problem here and we/they have not got there patch and aint all that happy, and some have had problems from D/L day1. So getting the patch is an issue. If it was easy to get there wouldn't be so many posts asking how do you get the patch would there?
quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Joliverlay,

We certainly didn't expect the patch to be so large. The unforeseen sound problems caused it to swell to a size we really didn't want, but had to do. Future patches should be much smaller. I understand that having to remember a password can be a hassle, but in exchange we've taken out all other forms of copy protection and also will keep adding value to the Members Area as time goes on. I apologize for any inconvenience, we are at the very beginning stages of this and I'm afraid there are still a few rough edges. We will work hard to make this a less frustrating experience in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 79
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 3:01:45 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Charles_22,

Before this patch (1.20) was released today, the 1.10 patch and the registration patch was available in the support forum of this game. Only today with this new patch did they put 1.20 in the members section. This whole thread is about a guy concerned with and overly angry that he could not download a patch that did not exist at the time, and also that he had to give personal information like age, name, city stuff when in reality you can just give your username and email and type garbage for the rest. This whole thread is old news and I am beginning to wonder why this thread is still being posted in.

Goodwood,

This original thread started before the patch got posted, so it was before anyone was having a hard time downloading the patch.

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 7/30/2004 5:07:28 PM >

Post #: 80
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 3:10:21 AM   
TF 38

Here's some more:

quote:

TF38,

I have been here since 2001. I have yet to use or login into the members area. I can and do get all my support and patches right through these forums. So your issue of having to register to get into the members area to get support and/or patches for this game is wrong. You need to relax, and realize that you are wrong and that you will not need to go into the members area unless you want to. All patches for this game with be available from this forum, or the sub forum called Support.

I've been registered here since 2001 as well. I quit posting, though, because of the ill-informed, poppy-cock like that which you've sprinkled this thread with since I started it.

Erik and the others are working hard to get this all straightened out and hopefully I'll get access to the MEMBERS AREA so I can use my gold-plated registration code.

In the mean time, how about you and your buddies just leave the folks that are having trouble alone?

TF 38

Post #: 81
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 3:16:00 AM   
Charles2222

quote:

Charles_22,

Before this patch (1.20) was released today, the 1.10 patch and the registration patch was available in the support forum of this game. Only today with this new patch did they put 1.20 in the members section. This whole thread is about a guy concerned with and overly angry that he could not download a patch that did not exist at the time, and also that he had to give personal information like age, name, city stuff when in reality you can just give your username and email and type garbage for the rest. This whole thread is old news and I am beginning to wonder why this thread is still being posted in.

Yeah, I think I got the 1.10 and that's probably the same reason I didn't care about the failure for the password email to get back to me. You have any idea if the registration process works any better then the failure to tell me my password? Any idea about the other concerns I raised, such as will it obliterate my logonid for the forums? As for why the posting to this thread continues, it's a collective attempt to show there's a problem, at least, very definitely, with the system to get back with us as to what our for gotten password is and whether membership in the forum transfers to the member's area. I mean the title alone was an excellent one when I was steamed about the forgotten password sendback ignoring me and that it seemed blood samples were necessary to get the latest patch if you thought that forum registration didn't transfer.

Anyway, sorry to bother you so much, only you did seem johnny-on-the-spot earlier and you certainly look as though you're more able to keep up with every nook and cranny at MB, unlike myself.

Post #: 82
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 3:19:52 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

The members login and these forum logins are seperate. I registered for the members section this morning and have had no problems. It even says "Please Note : The Members Area is a seperate feature to the Matrix Forums." on the main page of the members section.

Post #: 83
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 3:34:55 AM   
Charles2222

quote:

The members login and these forum logins are seperate. I registered for the members section this morning and have had no problems. It even says "Please Note : The Members Area is a seperate feature to the Matrix Forums." on the main page of the members section.

Thanks, I guess I'll dare it then, but that warning still doesn't mention whether membership tranfers, it's still too ambiguous. After all of this, I suppose they're saying what you think they're saying, but it seems better worded as "Registration to the forums doesn't carry over to this added area, as these are new accounts."

Thanks again. Another thing sort of spooky is the wording of "signing up with Matrix Games: as though I hadn't before and then it asking for a username. Oh well, bottom line if your logonid, assuming I do it the same way, isn't a newbie one, it must be safe.

Post #: 84
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 4:02:29 AM   
Charles2222

I just registered and got the password email within a couple of minutes. Perhaps the email problem is consistent with those who are thinking their forum membership will work there? It simply doesn't respond back because there is no new account with it.

In fact, I just told the system that I forgot my password, now that I'm a member. Let's see if I get one back..... Dead on the money, got it within a minute!

Post #: 85
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 4:13:01 AM   
Erik Rutins

Charles,

You're right that we should make it clear that the Members Area and Forum Login are two completely different things. We will act on feedback and try to make it as aggravation-free as possible.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 86
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 4:19:02 AM   
Charles2222

A warning. I've been on no other website since the download, which at this time is at 28%. I've had two Red Lobster popups so far from seemingly nowhere (as Matrix never has them). I have a very good popup blocker. It seems those qualified as 'banners' because I had that feature off on the blocker and something else then tried to popup and got blocked after I turned it on

< Message edited by Charles_22 -- 7/31/2004 2:21:01 AM >

Post #: 87
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 4:19:37 AM   
Charles2222

Thanks Eric!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 88
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 5:06:21 AM   
vonmoltke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

I just registered and got the password email within a couple of minutes. Perhaps the email problem is consistent with those who are thinking their forum membership will work there? It simply doesn't respond back because there is no new account with it.

I have yet to receive the post subscription e-mail also. I subscribed roughly 5 hours ago. I just tried to re-subscribe with the exact same info, and the system told me my username was taken, so my account did get created. Still no e-mail.

I can e-mail you the details I used Erik if it will help.

This space reserved for future expansion

Post #: 89
RE: Members Area - 7/31/2004 5:13:24 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

vonmoltke,

Just a thought, just because you got a message that the username is taken, does not mean you did not type in your email address right the first time. In other words you could of registered this first time but messed up the email address, thus not getting a response, and also reserving the intial username. Try again using a different username and make sure your email is right and see what happens. Just a thought while you wait for help.

(in reply to vonmoltke)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Members Area Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI