Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting.... - 7/31/2004 2:30:36 PM   
tsimmonds

Ok, I tried to download last night but was unable to connect to the server. Fine, everyone else was trying to do the same thing, I'll try again in the morning. Starting trying again this morning at 0630 EST, still no joy. Using GetRight (licensed). Keep getting the message, "Server busy, waiting to retry." Every 60 seconds it tries again. For two or three seconds it says, "connected. waiting for reply," then it goes back to "Server busy, waiting to retry." I can't imagine that this is really so at this time of day. Any guesses?

Fear the kitten!
Post #: 1
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 6:32:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hm, is it set to try to download with multiple streams/channels at once? If so, try turning that off.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 2
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 8:48:52 PM   
tsimmonds

No, no multiple channels. What I see happening now is very strange. I have a satellite ISP, the modem looks like a cable modem. It has 5 status lights on the front. When GetRight initializes a connection to your server, all of the lights except the power indicator immediately go off (loss of signal, no incoming/outgoing). The connection terminates instantly. I called my ISP and they say this is caused by some configuration at your end. Long story short, they say I am not going to be able to download the patch unless something is tweaked on your end. What that might be, I have no idea. Is there troubleshooting to be done, or shall I just ask a friend with cable to download my patch, burn it onto a CD and mail it to me?

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 9:00:04 PM   
TheHellPatrol

@irrelevant...A little trick i learned when these things come up is to unplug your modem from the power source for a minute then plug it back in. This resets the modem, i have DSL and once in a while it slows to a crawl and i can't "find server" etc. and downloads are impossible. This might just do it, it's worth a shot.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 4
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 9:10:03 PM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Irrelevant,

I can send you a cd with the patch on it. PM me your address, and I will send it on Monday. If you can get it before then let me know.

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 5
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 9:12:14 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

@irrelevant...A little trick i learned when these things come up is to unplug your modem from the power source for a minute then plug it back in. This resets the modem, i have DSL and once in a while it slows to a crawl and i can't "find server" etc. and downloads are impossible. This might just do it, it's worth a shot.

Much appreciated, HellPatrol. I've tried that several times already, along with rebooting, defragging and zapping all my spyware every little bit. I've been on satellite since October, and this is the first and only time that this has happened. It has happened probably twenty times since last night, and it only happens when I try to download the patch. All other internet access is normal.

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 6
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 9:14:38 PM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

Much appreciated, HellPatrol. I've tried that several times already, along with rebooting, defragging and zapping all my spyware every little bit. I've been on satellite since October, and this is the first and only time that this has happened. It has happened probably twenty times since last night, and it only happens when I try to download the patch. All other internet access is normal.
Doh! Indeed there are some "strange" happenings occuring.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 7
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 9:16:29 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

ORIGINAL: SunDevil

Irrelevant,

I can send you a cd with the patch on it. PM me your address, and I will send it on Monday. If you can get it before then let me know.

That's a kind offer SunDevil, and I may take you up on it. Does anyone know whether the patch is somehow encoded with our individual serial #'s such that each download is only usable with our own individual instance of WitP? Or is every downloaded patchfile the same as every other downloaded patchfile?

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 8
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 9:17:07 PM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

The same as everyone else. They just restrict the actual downloading of it, not the download file itself.

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 7/31/2004 11:17:21 AM >

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 9
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 7/31/2004 10:32:37 PM   
kfmiller41

I am having exaclty the same trouble, have been trying for 24 hours to get the patch and still I cant connect

You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 10
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 8/1/2004 8:47:27 PM   
tsimmonds

Well, now when I try to download I get a message from GetRight telling me that I am using an HTTP proxy server to connect to an FTP server, which may not work very well, if at all. I can't download the file from the public area either. My HTTP proxy server hates your FTP server

@SunDevil: thanks again for the offer to burn me a CD, but my lifelong bro and foe Halsey is on it already.

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to kfmiller41)
Post #: 11
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 8/1/2004 9:22:32 PM   
Erik Rutins

Irrelevant,

Did you try the new direct anonymous FTP links in the main patch threads? Please let me know how those work. I'm also on a satellite connection and have had none of these issues with the modem not responding, but we may have different modems, service levels and providers. Are you using DirecWay or someone else?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 12
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 8/2/2004 12:21:26 AM   
tsimmonds

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Irrelevant,

Did you try the new direct anonymous FTP links in the main patch threads? Please let me know how those work. I'm also on a satellite connection and have had none of these issues with the modem not responding, but we may have different modems, service levels and providers. Are you using DirecWay or someone else?

Regards,

- Erik

Using DirecWay. Spent over an hour on the phone with them yesterday and again today. Of course, they are pretty much convinced that this is not their problem. GetRight is also involved. There is some special configuration required in order to download from FTP servers using user IDs and passwords. I did try the anonymous FTP links earlier today, got exactly the same results: instantly, the LAN, transmit, receive and system lights on my satellite modem all go off, meaning the modem has basically shut down. After a minute or so they come back on. I'll play around with the FTP config page in GetRight; this was my missing link when I was having problems downloading the game originally. This problem feels different from that one however....

< Message edited by irrelevant -- 8/1/2004 5:22:16 PM >

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 13
RE: Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting... - 8/2/2004 2:47:14 AM   
Erik Rutins

You should also try Star Downloader to see if that works any better for you. Did you try downloading a program like Cute FTP or Bulletproof FTP, using that to login and retrieve? I believe both also support auto-resume.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Server busy, waiting to retry; server busy, waiting.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI