Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Base Build

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Soviet Base Build Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Base Build - 8/1/2004 3:26:19 AM   
Theng

Is it intentional that the Soviets busily improve their bases in 42 onwards?

Molon Labe!
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/1/2004 4:32:14 PM   
Theng

bump

< Message edited by Xian -- 8/1/2004 9:32:28 AM >

Molon Labe!

(in reply to Theng)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 3:11:16 AM   
rogueusmc

I put them on expand, replacements and upgrades allowed.

They will be locked, cocked and ready to rock when events trigger them. Until then, I have them all at about 50%training.

Their aircraft aren't used much of anywhere else in the game, so they won't effect replacements and upgrades anywhere but China maybe.

As far as base improvements, it doesn't cost THAT much more to make them expand. They are fairly self sufficient also from what I see.

< Message edited by rogueusmc -- 8/1/2004 7:12:09 PM >

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Theng)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 4:37:05 AM   
Theng

I can see that, but is it really historical that the Soviets are building their bases, while they have their hands full against the Germans? I don't know the answer, that's why I am asking.

Molon Labe!

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 4:43:24 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xian

I can see that, but is it really historical that the Soviets are building their bases, while they have their hands full against the Germans? I don't know the answer, that's why I am asking.

Far Eastern strength rose the entire war for the Soviets as they sent more and more assests east.
Besides China and America no other nation had a large manpower pool from which to pull new troops from.

(in reply to Theng)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 5:55:22 AM   
Theng

but as early as 42? They still got their ass handed to them by the Germans. I'd agree with you in 44, but 42 sounds strange, when in Nov/Dec 41 Stalin pulled Siberian/Far Eastern divisions east to defend Moskow.

Molon Labe!

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 6:39:44 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

but as early as 42? They still got their ass handed to them by the Germans. I'd agree with you in 44, but 42 sounds strange, when in Nov/Dec 41 Stalin pulled Siberian/Far Eastern divisions east to defend Moskow.

They were replaced with newly raised divisions.
Look at an OOB, you will see month to month in every way the Far East command grew.
It may of taken a hit in late 41 but it didnt stay depleted for long.

(in reply to Theng)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 7:27:12 AM   
Aficionado

I set my soviet units to NOT accept reinforcements for the first few months. Engineer, Engineer Vehicle, Support, and Aviation Support aren't nationality specific, so the reds would be slowing down the rebuilding of some ground units if they took those key squads for their units.

Post #: 8
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 7:39:20 AM   
rogueusmc

Not significantly so....You have alot of manpower and such in the pool.

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Aficionado)
Post #: 9
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 4:59:21 PM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

quote:

They were replaced with newly raised divisions.
Look at an OOB, you will see month to month in every way the Far East command grew.
It may of taken a hit in late 41 but it didnt stay depleted for long.

Stalin drew down on the Far Eastern units pretty hard from late '41 to about Aug-Sept 42. But once the Nazi lines solidified he started rebuilding the Far East almost as fast as he replenished the West. Not only did Stalin manage to evacuate a lot of his industry in the overrun West to the Urals, he evacuated a tremendous amount of manpower as well. The Soviet secret weapon was not so much the T-34, but the IMMENSE SIZE of it's army. When it came to "human-waves" the Chinese had NOTHING on the Soviets.

Post #: 10
RE: Soviet Base Build - 8/2/2004 9:05:39 PM   
UncleBuck

Well think about how you counteract force size. If you have small forces to garrison an area with (you drew the troops somewhere else) you build fortifications to let fewer defenders do more, the idea of Garrisons. SO I think it makes MORE sense for the Soviets to build fortifications, expand bases and such during 41/42 then it would to stop. Any Commander worth his salt would take the troops he does have command of and use them to expand defenses, and facilities. You never know when the Japanese are going to invade from Manchuria, which Stalin and the Soviets feared, but we NOW know Japan was deathly afraid of.

I think this is a matter of Hindsight clouding how we see Soviet buildup. Also remember that although many I-16 fighters are showing up, by 1942 these little planes were woefully antiquated. They were sent to a front they could do something in; in the West they were easy prey to faster German planes.

UB

(in reply to ZOOMIE1980)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Soviet Base Build Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI