Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dissapearing (invisible) troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Dissapearing (invisible) troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/1/2004 8:00:24 PM   
PlacidDragon

Hi all :)

After upgrading to ver 1.20, i restarted the grand campaign, and found something..uhm..interesting

When i attack an enemy base, more often than not (it doesnt always happen, which makes it very very strange), it doesnt show your troops under the troop flag. Or rather, it does show them (with the mouseover), but when you click on the flag, its just an empty screen. To be able to order the troops to attack, i have to go to the ground unit listing (G key) after using the mouseover to identify the unit, then find it in the unit listing, then give it orders through there. A *very* cumbersome procedure

This did not happen prior to me patching the game. I've played it for at least 100 hours (probably thrice that...lol), and it has never crashed on me, even with heavy multitasking (at the very least several times per turn). I see the new scenario (scen 16), and everything appears to be normal.

I couldnt find anything mentioned about this on the forum, so im wondering if anyone know what i can do (short of uninstalling the patch, hehe)
Post #: 1
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/1/2004 8:05:53 PM   
gdpsnake

Yes,
I have the same problem in 1.2. If you click on any stack of friendly troops located on an ENEMY base with ENEMY units present then the friendly troops don't show up in the window when you click on the troop icon on the map.
Fortunately, yes, they still show in the bottom window where you can select them. Not a game stopper and something to be addressed in 1.22?
Gary

(in reply to PlacidDragon)
Post #: 2
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/1/2004 10:55:04 PM   
mongo

Same issue here.. I took the Canal with invis units (though one of them did disappear completely) under 1.21.

About 15 or 20 turns later, they came back again.

I guess I better check their TOE for extra camo gear

"Mongo only pawn..in game of life"

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 3
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/1/2004 10:59:19 PM   
daft

I've seen it too. Took me a while to figure out how to assault that Japanese base.

(in reply to mongo)
Post #: 4
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/1/2004 11:02:41 PM   
siRkid

quote:

If you click on any stack of friendly troops located on an ENEMY base with ENEMY units present then the friendly troops don't show up in the window when you click on the troop icon on the map.
Fortunately, yes, they still show in the bottom window where you can select them. Not a game stopper and something to be addressed in 1.22?

Looking into it.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to PlacidDragon)
Post #: 5
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/2/2004 7:25:19 AM   
rogueusmc

Kid, you the man.
At this point, we are continuing our current PBEM game for a few more patches to give everything a chance to iron out. If it'll help y'all any, we may choose to restart and test for ya.
Myself and Wobby1. Contact him fo what you would like us to do. I am up for whatever he is up for.

< Message edited by rogueusmc -- 8/1/2004 11:32:09 PM >

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 6
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/2/2004 7:27:52 AM   
Mr.Frag

This problem was caused when the filters were added in 1.1x.

Your units are still there and if you select the hex, you'll see them at the bottom of the display. What is happening is the new filters are filtering out a little too much and don't see units that are not in the hex because they do not control the base.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 7
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/2/2004 7:28:52 AM   
rogueusmc

You are the man also Frag. You can fight Kid over the title.....my money is on Kid....

I'll have to wait for the turn back from Wobbly to test that. I never noticed if they were on the bottom bar or not.

< Message edited by rogueusmc -- 8/1/2004 11:29:59 PM >

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 8
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/2/2004 7:33:02 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

You are the man also Frag. You can fight Kid over the title.....my money is on Kid....

I'll have to wait for the turn back from Wobbly to test that. I never noticed if they were on the bottom bar or not.

No need to fight, the official bug # is P1.10-B016

Kid is quite busy trying to keep track of everything, sometimes he does not remember the eact details of each bug and gets two bugs mixed up when they are actually the same thing. He leaves it to us to keep him sane

We had some complications with our versions not equalling your versions which really made his life hell but we are back to where what you have and we have are the same code so sanity is returning

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 9
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/2/2004 7:41:35 AM   
rogueusmc

Sanity...I've found....is an illusion...

I just noticed...you number the bugs?!?!?!....makes sense I guess...but...you number the bugs?!?!?!

Excuse me, I've had one too many vodka and cokes (that means I've had a double....)

< Message edited by rogueusmc -- 8/1/2004 11:49:34 PM >

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 10
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/2/2004 8:15:35 AM   
Mr.Frag

Not only are the bugs numbers, but feature requests are numbered too.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 11
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/2/2004 8:26:47 AM   
rogueusmc

What qualifies as a 'feature request'...just curious...

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 12
RE: Dissapearing (invisible) troops - 8/2/2004 8:54:45 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

What qualifies as a 'feature request'...just curious...

Anything that is not broken

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Dissapearing (invisible) troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI