Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TFs shown for the wrong base after saving

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> TFs shown for the wrong base after saving Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TFs shown for the wrong base after saving - 8/2/2004 10:52:49 PM   
BPRE

Hi,

A minor fault that doesn't seem to affect play or anything but I thought I'll report it anyway.

Game is patched 1.00-1.10-1.20-1.21. Playing scenario 15 as Allies vs Jap AI. It is the first turn (12/8/41 since I have Historical first turn set).

I've just created two TF's in Teloekbetoeng (19,58).
I click on the button for the next base and move to Tobali.
At this stage I press F to go to the save menu.
In the save menu I press Esc and return to the map screen again.
When I come back it's still showing Tobali but now the two TFes at Teloekbetoeng are listed below the map and the range circle plus the course for one of them is on the map.

If I now continue with anything (clicking on the next base or similar) everything go back to normal.

I've tried exiting and reloading last save and it happens every time. I'll keep a save in case you are interested but it doesn't seem to cause anything.

Regards
BPRE
Post #: 1
RE: TFs shown for the wrong base after saving - 8/2/2004 11:16:40 PM   
Mr.Frag

The tf diplay line doesn't always reference the same line as the lcu and aircraft. Selecting the hex will bring them back into sync if you are worried about it.

You will get the same kind of thing when you transfer an airgroup. You are not looking at the airgroup at the destination base but the base selected is still the original location.

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 2
RE: TFs shown for the wrong base after saving - 8/3/2004 1:14:13 AM   
BPRE

Hi,

I'm not worried about it as I can't see any adverse effects of it. Don't think it is entirely correct though and not exactly similar to moving the ACs since it is OK immediately after switching base and it's only after visiting the save game page that it displays the TFs while I'm at the next base.

To me it looks like some bit showing what to display in the panel underneath the map hasn't been reset when switching base and the program uses that bit when returning from the save file page. Could be something entirely different though.

Anyway, don't bother about it. It's just me that can't resist complaining about anything that smells like a bug or fault. Bad habit I learnt at work.

/BPRE

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
RE: TFs shown for the wrong base after saving - 8/3/2004 2:27:30 AM   
siRkid

This was an issue we had through out testing and we never could clear it up 100%.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> TFs shown for the wrong base after saving Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI