Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blackout Bug Discovered

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Blackout Bug Discovered Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blackout Bug Discovered - 8/8/2004 8:24:39 PM   
OConnor

I've been hitting a bug on PBEM games where first the frontline, supply, supply gradient and/or division radius's won't toggle off (they lock up) eventually the entire map goes either black (except for the bridges which now stand out) or completely technicolor then dark. It seems to be related to accidently hitting the shift key when going for a keyboard shortcut command. This is a problem since the its almost impossible to avoid hitting it at some point. In fact, its been happening pretty much every turn. In one game I am playing the game has saved my work up to that point so I come back in and can pick up where I left off(two times). HOWEVER, in my other game I have to start all over again and move everything (3 times now). One other time I got the game to come back without having to exit but I can remember what I did. This is a bug that needs to be solved as it is so disruptive to what is otherwise a great game. Any help from the experts is welcome. Thanks.

Jim Brady
Post #: 1
RE: Blackout Bug Discovered - 8/10/2004 1:23:34 PM   
e_barkmann

if you hit the shift key in KP this creates a map dump into the /korsun pocket directory, around about 10MB in size. I am not aware of the issue you are describing, but is it possible you are running out of virtual memory space perhaps?

Chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to OConnor)
Post #: 2
RE: Blackout Bug Discovered - 8/10/2004 2:25:25 PM   
alexs

Hi OConner,
I have not heard anything like this before. Can you narrow down the exact steps to replicate? Also, can i ask which video card you use, and whether you have the latest drivers for it? If you are not sure, you can create a DXDiag File (the instructions on how to do this are located as a sticky in the support forum), and send it to me here at support@ssg.com.au.

Regards
AlexS

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Blackout Bug Discovered Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI