Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 2/4/2002 5:58:00 AM   
V-man

quote:

Originally posted by fontenoy:
Just a mild correction Velovich.One of the adages you attribute to the illustrious General Patton is not actually his."war means fighting and fighting means killing"is attributed to Nathan Bedford Forrest,the Confederate cavalry general.I have read this in several books about the Civil War.
Respectfully,
fontenoy.

You are right, now that I think on it. Well. Patton was certainly a student of military history and that list comes from, mostly, his personal writings and the biographies where he is attributed to saying these things. V-man

"You see, in this world there's 2 kinds of people, my friend:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 31
- 2/5/2002 9:06:00 AM   
Truckeye

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains. "
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 32
- 2/5/2002 12:53:00 PM   
Kanon Fodder

"Who Dares, Wins."

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 33
- 2/5/2002 1:29:00 PM   
mogami

" All your bases are belonging to us" sounds like something Yogi would have said. I like Yogisms. "You gotta be a good, bad ball hitter" (Yogi's strike zone went from 2 feet over his head to, in the dirt 2 feet in front of the plate.)
Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded"
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
"If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be."
"If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going to stop them."
"It's deja vu all over again."
"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
"You can observe a lot by just watching."

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 34
- 2/5/2002 1:41:00 PM   
Big T

Here are a couple of good ones I like; "All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened. The courageous man is the man who forces himself, in spite of his fear, to carry on." -General George S. Patton
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning,that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
- Frank Sinatra Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol. (dunno who to give credit to on this one) Then of course there's the one I still use, from the late, great Douglas Adams.

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 35
- 2/5/2002 7:01:00 PM   
AC

"Krieg ist die Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln"
"War is the continuation of politics by other means" von Clausewitz, "Vom Kriege"

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 36
- 2/5/2002 8:49:00 PM   
panda124c

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." "It's not my G** D*** planet, monkey boy!"

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 37
- 2/5/2002 9:25:00 PM   
Jackk

My favorite sentence of all time came from the bible, and I guess it's attributed to God. "I am"

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 38
- 2/6/2002 4:28:00 AM   
fontenoy

One of my favourites:"It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it"Robert E.Lee after witnessing the slaughter of Union troops on Marye's Heights at the battle of Fredericksburg,December 1862.
fontenoy
quote:

Come and fight with me,and should we lose the battle tomorrow,we shall both of us run away-Frederick the Great to a frightened Prussian soldier who was caught deserting.He won the battle.I can't honestly remember which one it was.

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 39
- 2/6/2002 9:06:00 AM   
BvB

Friendly Fire, isn't! -------------------- One thing I learned in the army: when the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend. -------------------------- If a private tells you he's done something, go check it. If a lieutenant tells you he's done it, go do it. ------------------------- How do you spell relief? E-N-D-E-X (end of exercise, after a long field problem/deployment)

Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 40
- 2/6/2002 10:55:00 AM   
Figmo

There's only two things I can't stand:
1. A drunk man when I'm sober
2. A sober man when I'm drunk
-----------------------------------------------
You are not here to die for your country - you are here to make the other sons-a-bitches die for theirs. - something like that - by George Patton
-----------------------------------------------
I'm not prejudice, I hate everybody! - by my wife

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 41
- 2/6/2002 10:59:00 AM   
troopie

Three of Oom Paul Kruger's "The time has come to put our trust in God and the Mauser." At the Beginning of the Second Boer War. "Mama, come see the man who was there when God made the world." After a geologist described the geological make-up of the Vaal Reefs. "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mrs. Kruger will join us when she has finished milking our cow." At a state reception in the small frame house that served as a Presidential residence. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI