Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Observations on how a base transfers supplies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Observations on how a base transfers supplies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Observations on how a base transfers supplies - 8/11/2004 3:45:50 AM   
fbastos

Simple test on the tutorial. Take Ulithi, fly the aircrafts away (only one unit remains there). Land everything, and don't move anything. The unit is at 100%, taking no replacements and no upgrades. Tracking supplies for both the base and the unit:

Base supply = 7,895
Unit requires 193 supplies (consumes 6.4 supplies a day)

Day+0
Base = 7,895
LCU = 203

Day+1
Base = 7,898 (received 3 from LCU)
LCU=193 (consumed 6 and returned 4 to the base)

Day+2
Base = 7,881 (sent 17 to LCU)
LCU=203 (consumed 6 and stocked 10 from base)

Day+3
Base = 7,884 (received 3 from LCU)
LCU = 193 (consumed 6 and returned 4 to the base)

Day+4
Base = 7,867 (sent 17 to LCU)
LCU = 203 (consumed 6 and stocked 10 from base)

Day+5
Base = 7,870 (received 3 from LCU)
LCU = 193 (consumed 6 and returned 4 to the base)

Day+6
Base = 7,853 (sent 17 to LCU)
LCU = 203 (consumed 6 stocked 10 from base)

Conclusions on the next mail

---> The data above has been corrected <----

< Message edited by fbastos -- 8/11/2004 3:23:09 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Observations on how a base transfers supplies - 8/11/2004 3:50:21 AM   
fbastos

I conclude that:

(a) The LCU tries to get supplies from the base every 2 days, and tries to get its required supply level (30 days worth) plus 2 days.

(b) There is a **VERY HEAVY** loss of 41% of the supplies during transfer from the base to the unit; this probably depends on 500 conditions, including probably the leader.
---> This conclusion has an error; don't believe in this; the loss is minimal! <---

(c) Unexpectedly, the unit keeps sending back some supplies to the base. This happens at no losses, but the unit will have to get those supplies back sometime in the future. As the unit gets that supply with a hit (41% in this case), when it gets those supplies back it will be hit again. I would call this a bug.
---> This is correct <---

The up and down oscillation on the base supplies is not apparent when you have several units on the base. When you have one, it is quite clear. Tested that behavior with Russian, Chinese and Japanese units - all have it.

Comments are welcome as usual.

F.

< Message edited by fbastos -- 8/11/2004 3:20:26 AM >

(in reply to fbastos)
Post #: 2
RE: Observations on how a base transfers supplies - 8/11/2004 4:00:28 AM   
Toro

Supplies from day 0 to day 6 have decreased only by 42 units, or 7 per day. How big was the unit? At this rate, it would consume 210 units of supply in the month, which is about the number of supplies the unit had on-hand at start. Without knowing the size of the unit, it's hard to say whether this rate is high or low, or if there's really any loss. Note: on the days when the LCU is receiving supplies from the base, it is also consuming, and at the 7 per day rate noted above, I see no loss.

(in reply to fbastos)
Post #: 3
RE: Observations on how a base transfers supplies - 8/11/2004 4:30:45 AM   
moses

I agree with Toro. The numbers you give would indicate a expected consumption of 38.6 and a actual consumption of 42. This difference of 3.4 could be accounted for by rounding of the 5 or 6 figures involved.

I have noticed this transfer of supplies back and forth between base and individual units. It is even more dramatic in the aftermath of an attack when units will store up to two months supply for a turn before transfering it back to base.

(in reply to Toro)
Post #: 4
RE: Observations on how a base transfers supplies - 8/11/2004 5:18:04 AM   
fbastos

Hmm... there is an error on my calculations... where it says "received 10", that is incorrect. It should be: "consumed 6 and received 10".

Your figures are correct: it should have consumed 38, but it consumed 42, probably due to rounding errors.

Good... with that clarified, I can go back to my original reseach, which is to find out how many supplies a replacement takes!

Thanks,
F.

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 5
RE: Observations on how a base transfers supplies - 8/11/2004 5:19:03 AM   
fbastos

By the way, the unit in Ulithi at Tutorial is the 156th IJNAF Base Force; it starts at 100/100.

(in reply to fbastos)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Observations on how a base transfers supplies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI