Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not Bad Airplane Art

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Not Bad Airplane Art Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 8:49:52 PM   
witpit

As it seems no one has of yet done any art for the G5N Shinzan, G8N Renzan, Kikka, or the P-80, I figured I would make some that would suffice until those with more ability create better ones...

I've included the Alphas that must be pasted onto the correct spot in the Atop or Jtop files....(use good 'ol Paint and line up the hex coordinates for each file....thx mike wood!)....

First file: G5N Shinzan

*Ahem* borrowed from Commonwealth Liberator

Attachment (1)

WITP IT....WITP IT GOOD!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 8:50:40 PM   
witpit

Second File: G5N Shinzan alpha

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 2
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 8:52:59 PM   
witpit

Third File: G8N Renzan

THis was the first one I did...just took Betty and slapped two extra engines on it!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 3
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 8:53:34 PM   
witpit

Fourth File: G8N Renzan alpha

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 4
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 8:54:49 PM   
witpit

Fifth File: Kikka

Took some green plane.....I forget which.....edited the wings to make em sharper and copied the nose and made into two jets!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 5
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 8:55:22 PM   
witpit

Sixth File: Kikka Alpha

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 6
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 8:57:37 PM   
witpit

Seventh File: P-80A Shooting Star.....

OK...I figured it wouldn't be fair to give the Japanese all this cool stuff withuot at least giving the Allies the P-80....if things looked bad, Im sure the US would have had this in production by late summer 45

I consider this my best so far.....took a P-38 and hacked it up alot!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 7
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 8:58:46 PM   
witpit

Eighth File: P-80A alpha

ENJOY

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 8
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 9:52:53 PM   
Damien Thorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpit

Fifth File: Kikka

Took some green plane.....I forget which.....edited the wings to make em sharper and copied the nose and made into two jets!

Thank you. I've been waiting for my beloved Kikka to be added.

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 9
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 10:21:16 PM   
witpit

yw.....the wings should be straighter, but I'm sure someone will come along and do better renditions....these just help to get these planes available....esp. if using the Spooky Lemurs scen 26 like I'm doing....

I've decided to make jet engines separate from the regular engines and have made "Jet Engines" a new type of engine....I haven't tried it yet in game situation, but I think it makes sense historically. Not fair to use generic Nakajimas.

Also, I've decided to make two different Kikkas that I'm calling Kikka G (bombing......seems that Japan bombers [unless army] use G) and Kikka A (fighters)....Kikka A will use 2 20 mm cannon and "better" jet engines (abstractlly represented by faster speed) and I'm not sure of history, but I'm including 100kg external bomb too.

(in reply to Damien Thorn)
Post #: 10
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 10:30:51 PM   
rhohltjr

quote:

I've decided to make jet engines separate from the regular engines and have made "Jet Engines" a new type of engine....I haven't tried it yet in game situation, but I think it makes sense historically. Not fair to use generic Nakajimas.

Also, I've decided to make two different Kikkas that I'm calling Kikka G (bombing......seems that Japan bombers [unless army] use G) and Kikka A (fighters)....Kikka A will use 2 20 mm cannon and "better" jet engines (abstractlly represented by faster speed) and I'm not sure of history, but I'm including 100kg external bomb too.

Actually it wouldn't have used Nakajima engines initially.

quote:

The Ishikawajima Ne-20 was Japan's first turbojet engine.
It was developed in parallel with the nation's first military jet, the Nakajima Kikka.

I am hoping that SubChaser will hurry up with the art for the 'very' late war aircraft.
Thanks for your efforts. What stats do you use for your creations? What aircraft do you
'replace' with them? I wonder if anyone can give us a 'jet' engine replacement sound, however
I suspect engine sound is hardcoded.

Regards, and

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 11
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/12/2004 11:19:15 PM   
witpit

thx rhohltjr for that Ishikawajima comment....I've been looking for a name but only found Ne-20

Type in any aircraft into google and often some tidbits will come up concerning them....I have an older book "Illustrated Encyclopedia of Military Aircraft 1914-1980" that shows specs for the Shinzan, Renzan, and Kikka that I've used......generally for things like manouvrability, I kind of fudge it....I figure any jet is probably fairly manovrable, but the proto Kikkas weren't really that fast (Lemurs Sc. 26 has the P-51H at 484 MPH!)...I also figure that for durability, the Renzan (and Shinzan) probably would have suffered like most other G series bombers did...Kikka was probably fairly fragile too. Also, I figure no or only 1 point of armor max.

P-80.....figured probably best plane out there (even more so than P-51H) so I at least made sure that the ones I have to fudge on are at least better than the Mustang's......if anyone has insight plz let me know! I'm still tweaking and learning the WitP system...haven't started the big one yet.

Hmmm...not sure on jet sound....I know on spooky's site there were some modified sounds.....I also noticed that there is a selection for "jet fighter" in the database editor....I did wonder what that was for, especially since there are no jet fighters (either side) represented in stock or lemur's scenerios

Thx for the

(in reply to rhohltjr)
Post #: 12
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/13/2004 1:11:22 AM   
rogueusmc

quote:

....I figure any jet is probably fairly manovrable,

Jets weren't generally more meneuverable than the prop aircraft...they used the speed advantage...they used F4Us in Korea against jet migs. The Migs couldn't turn with the Corsairs. Those prop fighters bagged some jets...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 13
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/13/2004 2:10:17 AM   
tanjman

witpit,

I remember reading a reply (from Mike Wood) to the jet fighters and electronic warfare aircraft types, that they were not enabled in the game AI (IIRC) and do not use.

Edited because I forgot to compliment you on your plane art. Much better than my feeble attempts by far.

quote:

Snip. . . .
Hmmm...not sure on jet sound....I know on spooky's site there were some modified sounds.....I also noticed that there is a selection for "jet fighter" in the database editor....I did wonder what that was for, especially since there are no jet fighters (either side) represented in stock or lemur's scenerios

Thx for the

< Message edited by tanjman -- 8/12/2004 7:12:42 PM >

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 14
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/13/2004 3:10:43 AM   
witpit

thx tanjman!

So you say don't use jet fighter designation at all!?......I had the Kikka bomber version as a dive bomber so that wont be an issue......

(in reply to tanjman)
Post #: 15
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/13/2004 3:12:17 AM   
witpit

hmmmm...thx rougeusmc......I would then assume that speed plays a roll (as well as man.)......I might tweak those #s a little then

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 16
RE: Not Bad Airplane Art - 8/13/2004 4:42:38 AM   
witpit

OK....after looking at my first Kikka alpha file....it didn't work so well.....

....try this one....it worked much better!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Not Bad Airplane Art Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI