Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I tell my planes to attack a specific taskforce?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Can I tell my planes to attack a specific taskforce? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I tell my planes to attack a specific taskforce? - 8/12/2004 9:08:28 PM   
BossGnome

I am currently playing the first solomon scenario. the one where the japanese have to invade guadalcanal. I just bought the game yesterday, and i did the beginner tutorial (a real pain with no printed manual), and I think i got the basics down. but heres the problem: I have a carrier TF off of New Britain, with lotsa planes on it. Near Port Moresby, I see my recon planes spotted 2 enemy TFs. One, with 2 ships in it, the other, with 7. I am reluctant so far to assault the 7ship TF, even more so since its moving back to Port Moresby, and thus i'll be unable to catch it in the open with my planes. But I set naval attack for my planes, with a high naval search, and the maximum range for all the planes, and they stupidly go attack the TF i DIDNT want to attack. Is there any way to change this? I mean this is pretty stupid. the TF went back to port moresby and my planes got really really beat up, attacking a target i DIDNT want to attack in the first place.

So, how can I make planes attack the TF i WANT them to attack?
Post #: 1
RE: Can I tell my planes to attack a specific taskforce? - 8/12/2004 9:17:51 PM   
DrewMatrix

quote:

how can I make planes attack the TF i WANT them to attack?

You can't. You are the theater commander. You tell the Air Group commander "Attack Ships today" and he picks which ships based on which are spotted, how many A/C he can ready, whether when they get to the hex with the ships his planes can spot the ships, and what other ships he spots.

He also worries a bit about how much CAP is over the target TF.

Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 2
RE: Can I tell my planes to attack a specific taskforce? - 8/12/2004 9:23:10 PM   
tsimmonds

You can set the maximum range at which your air units will attack, but that's about it.

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Can I tell my planes to attack a specific taskforce? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI