Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitP Wish List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitP Wish List Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/7/2006 2:30:14 AM   
GaryChildress

I don't see a problem with open ocean intercepts provided scout planes have spotted the enemy TF. There were open ocean intercepts in the Atlantic (Bismarck, et al). A U-Boat or pocket battleship finding a TF is an open ocean intercept. There should be some chance of it provided the odds of it are sufficiently curtailed to prevent it from getting out of hand. Ships with scout planes should be able to make open ocean intercepts during the day. Obviously if there aren't a lot of enemy TFs in the area then the odds of spotting a TF should be decreased. However, the more enemy TFs in an area, the greater the chances of intercepting at least one.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

You know the debate about open ocean intercepts has been going on since the first day this game hit the streets. I recommend making it an option that can be turned on or off depending on the player's preference.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 451
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/8/2006 1:11:21 PM   
MarcA

A couple of simple requests to make life easier

1. In the air reinforcement screen could the HQ be shown for the air groups. It is shown in the ground reinforcement menu but not the air menu. And while your changing it it might be worth showing number of planes as well.

2. In the air group listing screen or the air unit information screen could we have a "Display all air groups with the same command" button. This would be useful for standing down all air groups in areas in which all or the majority of the command is in the same weather zone. Such as the Far East Command, Australia, DEI, SEAC, Canada, New Zealand, Home Islands, China Expeditionary Force, Kwantung, etc.

3. In the air group listing screen there is a "reinstate orders to all aircraft" button, or something similar. This sets air group orders to a set of pre-defined orders. This would be better if it kept track of a specific units orders before it was stood down and re-instates those orders.

Any or all of these would make life simpler for people

Thanks Matrix

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 452
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/9/2006 8:09:02 AM   
bilbow

I'd like to see the screen where commanders are chosen to display in the main listing what the guy is best suited for. It's painful clicking through name by name looking for a commander best suited for whatever you are looking for.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to MarcA)
Post #: 453
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/10/2006 11:53:23 AM   
trojan58

Some more wishes

1. An undo button, nothing worse than doing an A/C transfer and realizing it was to the wrong base.
2. The ability to turn off Auto factory upgrades for ships.
3. The ability to sort commanders by speciality, nothing worse than having to look through 10 or so commanders just to find one who can command carrier groups.
4. When using the PDU facility make it so that fighters and Fighter/Bombers can be inter-changable.
5. Designated patrol areas for submarines.
6. mid ocean intercepts.
7. Sub v Sub intercepts.
8. The ability to specify target types for airgroups, ie attack transports ignore carrier groups.
9. The ability to turn off the auto repair for airbases and ports so as to save supply.
10. A more realistic real world weather system.
11 Auto Minelaying same as auto convoys. Can designate a hex and keep laying mines until order cancelled.
12 Auto patrol for ASW groups. Pick to hexs and patrol between them.
13 Waypoints for task groups.
14.Make heavy bombers a seperate class (possibly divided into night and day sub classes)

There are two types of ships in the world

Submarines and Targets

D.B.F

Post #: 454
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/11/2006 3:30:11 PM   
Bobthehatchit

One thing i'd like changed it the size of RN carrier airgroups later in the war, it was possible to hard code the USN airgroups to change sizes and configuration during the war, it should be possible to do the same with the RN carrier, maybe tie it in with ship Upgrades?

I know its not a major thing but hell i'm British, its matter of national pride!

I want more planes on my carriers!

Posted again just in case it gets lost in the news thread.

"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.

Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!

Post #: 455
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/11/2006 10:09:10 PM   
pad152

Witp 1 Wish List

1. A report that shows what factories are halted.
2. Some way to edit the target list for which bases are invaded by the AI, so Moders can add some varity to WITP single player campaigns
3. Adding mining operations for the AI, currently the AI does not conduct ML operations.
4. AI Sub operations, the AI keeps it's subs always in the same place during each campaigns.
5. Have the AI stop sending ships TK's to areas under enemy air control.
6. Add the messages you seen during a turn to the operations report.
7. Allow you to click on a message in the operation report to go to that location on the map.

(in reply to Bobthehatchit)
Post #: 456
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/12/2006 4:29:39 PM   
ny59giants

Yikes!!! I had to go through all 16 pages to make sure this was not already suggested and I was surprised it wasn't mentioned.
I am re-reading "At Dawn We Slept" and I had forgotten how worried the US was about the large tank farm getting detroyed and the Pacific Fleet having to go back to the West Coast due to lack of fuel.
Shouldn't a base fuel supply be a separate target?? At the least, as part of port attack, a percentage of the fuel stored there get destroyed during an attack?? If the Japanese had launch a 3rd wave at PH and targeted the fuel farm, the remaining ships would have been hard pressed to do any type of patroling.
Along this line, the Japanese player leaves Palembang alone for a few months and finds 200,000 or more of Oil sitting at the peer awaiting transport when they take over the base. The ability to produce Oil is damaged to some extent when captured, but the stockpiled oil is left undamaged. The surviving engineers should be drawn and quartered for not destroying the storage facilities...
Shouldn't the amount of Oil/Resources and fuel/supply at a base be subject to damage by: enemy capturing the base; bombardment TF; and air attacks??

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 457
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/14/2006 9:33:34 PM   
m10bob

More for the WITP II probably, but I would like to see a *major option* given the Japanese player..
When he sets a squadron of destroyers out, rather than just labelling them as "Surface Fleet", I would like to see the Japanese player given the option of "Torpedo Attack", (which would allow any confrontation to launch Long Lance torpedoes and automatically withdraw without suffering return fire !!!)..
Since Japanese destroyers carried reloads, launching the torpedoes would not automatically send them back to port, but it should NOT keep them in the area of battle since it did take time to re-load the torps..
This Long Lance attack option should (IMHO) be given the Japanese player at least until maybe 1943 when Allied radar caught up with Japanese night optic devices, (another area where they excelled.)
C'mon guys...Give this a thought.......

< Message edited by m10bob -- 3/14/2006 9:35:24 PM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 458
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/15/2006 9:56:19 AM   
demonterico

I haven't read through this entire list so I could be doing a repeat, but it occured to me the other day that it would be nice if both sides could work on the orders phase simultaneously. Would this be so difficult? Perhaps once the combat replay has run each side could then enter their own password thereby opening their own orders phase which would then let them create seperate orders phase files both of which would have to be plugged back into the game engine to run the next combat. Sounds simple enough to me. Just think this could save 50% of the time required to play WitP.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 459
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/17/2006 1:42:09 PM   
timtom

Presumably been suggested before, but it'd be nice if the "anchor&airfield" base symbols were subject to FoW. Without prior recon, why should player X know that player Y is operating AV-supported floatplanes out of Bongo-Bongo atoll, fx?

Where's the Any key?

(in reply to demonterico)
Post #: 460
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/19/2006 7:27:45 PM   
scout1

quote:

Presumably been suggested before, but it'd be nice if the "anchor&airfield" base symbols were subject to FoW. Without prior recon, why should player X know that player Y is operating AV-supported floatplanes out of Bongo-Bongo atoll, fx?

A terrific idea. The displayed map is not common to both players, because of TF's, etc ... Why should any data be available to the other player unless "earned".

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 461
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/21/2006 7:43:26 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Can we have filters in the 'ship selection screen', please, like the ones we have in the 'lis all ships screen'? I'm tired of having to scroll through several pages of AKs and APs (or TKs, PCs and MSWs, depending on the sorting) in order to find the lone AR, AS or AV I want to move from Osaka or SF to a different port...

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 462
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/22/2006 12:10:37 AM   
m10bob

At the bottom of LCU's and aircraft units, how about a button to "find" all fragments of that unit??
How about an option to hit another unit which would cause the AI to "fetch" those fragments with a special "fetching flag" if a ship is required to do the "fetching"????

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 463
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/22/2006 12:04:35 PM   
MarcA

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

At the bottom of LCU's and aircraft units, how about a button to "find" all fragments of that unit??
How about an option to hit another unit which would cause the AI to "fetch" those fragments with a special "fetching flag" if a ship is required to do the "fetching"????

It's a nice idea but would you ever trust the AI to do this though. It has enough trouble just routing supplies

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 464
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/23/2006 4:48:06 AM   
scout1

Don't know if this has be suggested in awhile, but how about some type of filter that only shows ships that are either past due for upgrades, or are within say 1 month of an upgrade. It's a bitch searching the entire IJN for the destroyers that are due for upgrade, one hex at a time .....

(in reply to MarcA)
Post #: 465
RE: WitP Wish List - 3/23/2006 5:01:25 PM   
BLurking

How many times has this happened to you:

You've got an airbase with lots of well-rested and high morale units - and decide to strike a target. Bad news, the enemy has set up an ambush w/ high quality pilots and planes. Ooomph! All you can do is hit 'escape' and watch the enemy kills rack up as your brave and reckless pilots force their way to the target (which they'll never hit). Months of recuperation are required to rebuild your shattered forces...

So - how about an adjustable 'aggresiveness' value (either global or by theatre or by squadron). That way you can force high morale units to abort when taking unacceptable losses. Could make Air-to-air somewhat less bloody as a side benefit...

Just a thought.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 466
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/1/2006 6:55:43 PM   
pauk

removing Philippines troops from replacement pool.

(in reply to BLurking)
Post #: 467
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/1/2006 9:07:59 PM   
Andy Mac

I agree give them a starting pool of say 100 but no ongoing replacements.

Otherwise allies waste subs evaccing them

(although I wouldnt do it again Pauk made it to expensive....)
quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

removing Philippines troops from replacement pool.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 468
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/2/2006 12:43:06 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Sub vs. sub - just saw a book that listed at least a dozen Japanese subs sunk by US subs.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 469
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/2/2006 4:36:16 PM   
pauk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I agree give them a starting pool of say 100 but no ongoing replacements.

Otherwise allies waste subs evaccing them

(although I wouldnt do it again Pauk made it to expensive....)

That's good idea!

here is another one:

I would like to see that Japanese militia divisions activate in case of Home islands invasion in 1944 - i don't see any reason why they shouldn't activate earlier if the Allies steamrolls Japanese earlier...

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 470
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/2/2006 6:38:44 PM   
pauk

Bombers could get experience above 59 with ASW, naval search and combat missions - no more bomber aces "created" with supply transport missions.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 471
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/3/2006 6:10:28 PM   
Charbroiled

My Wish List:

1. Fix the "See all industry in this hex" to show whether specific industries are being repaired or not. And/or fix the "back" botton when going from the "See all industry in this hex" screen to a specific industry.

2. Allow isolation of plane type when viewing plane pools.

3. Show carrier planes groups in a TF the same way as when you view the airfield. (i.e.: all carrier groups shown on the same page.)

4. When the airfield icon is "clicked" on a specific base (by choosing on the map) and then choosing a specific air unit, the "back" botton does not work when returning to the air group list.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 472
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/17/2006 11:53:41 PM   
dtravel

Include more of the information currently available only in the combat animations in the combat reports. (This may need some balancing with Fog of War.) Some specifics:

Assault values in LCU combat (both aggregate and by unit)
Which LCUs attacked and which only bombarded
Specific weapon mounts destroyed on ships
Special attack effects such as Magazine Explosion and Fuel Cargo Burns. (Not all need/should be reported here and this is one that needs a lot of FOW balancing.)

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 473
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/18/2006 6:07:37 PM   
AirGriff

I'm sure a lot of this had been asked for, but I'm going to put my 2 cents in, anyway.

1. Enhanced LCU combat reports with adjusted combat values listed
2. Enhanced LCU combat reports with units involved listed.
3. Enhanced air/naval combat reprts w/# of hits a ship takes and w/what ordinance.
Ship secondary weapons could be grouped as could aircraft gun hits.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 474
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/20/2006 12:19:23 AM   
dtravel

Sort order for various windows to be saved, so I don't have to keep re-sorting them when ever I load a turn.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to AirGriff)
Post #: 475
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/22/2006 4:49:22 AM   
1EyedJacks

1. I would like the ability to designate my own TFs.
2. I would like the option of saving sort options for data windows.
3. I would like the ability to set waypoints for my TFs so I can route them away from known enemy sub patrols.
4. An option to write notes into a window would be awesome.
5. An option to add "note pins" to hexes to help me remember my grand inspirations would be cool too.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 476
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/22/2006 6:08:40 AM   
jwilkerson

Went in and tried with the Coral Sea scenario ... strange ... with the Emily's I can fly in troops to a level 0 ... but with the dedicated transport flying boats, the H6K2-L's I cannot.

Went in and looked at the database ... the Emily is a patrol, the H6K2-L is a "transport" just like the Thora, etc. just like all the landbased transport, so that is the issue, the flying boat transport is classified the same as the landbased transports. So we may need to make a new plane type - "FB Transport" and enable the features of a transport and some of the features of the flying boat. Something else to add to the list. But this tells me why I thought it worked in UV (cause there were no H6K2-L's just Mavis's and Emily's) and why I thought it was broke in WITP (cause I kept trying to use the new transport flying boats as flying boat transports - but they don't work - since the game doesn't know they are flying boats !).
So I'll add this to the wish list to get in in the queue.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 477
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/22/2006 1:48:50 PM   
Sneer

please to sth with not supplied starved and cut off troops when not in base hex
i'm tired of hundred thousands of chinase rambo warriors who attack with knives and destroy 20% of my heavy weapons after 6 months starving and are unbeatable - i'm too tired to write details once more

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 478
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/22/2006 5:38:33 PM   
Mike Scholl

If you are looking for fixes to the current programming, how about fixing the weather system so that an area/zone doesn't experiance 2 year monsoons? The "average" weather in the Pacific Basin should be clear or scattered clouds, not Thunderstorms! The current system produces rediculous results due to some bizarre "die-roll weighting" system that seems to work backwards....

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 479
RE: WitP Wish List - 4/22/2006 6:50:55 PM   
Black Mamba 1942

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

If you are looking for fixes to the current programming, how about fixing the weather system so that an area/zone doesn't experiance 2 year monsoons? The "average" weather in the Pacific Basin should be clear or scattered clouds, not Thunderstorms! The current system produces rediculous results due to some bizarre "die-roll weighting" system that seems to work backwards....

I second that!

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitP Wish List Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI