Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How much Oil for OZ and how is the best way?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: How much Oil for OZ and how is the best way? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How much Oil for OZ and how is the best way? - 9/2/2004 3:13:34 AM   
DrewMatrix

All this "oil to Oz" stuff seems a little theorectical to me (but that may be because I am only up to July 1942 and haven't started to consume mega quantities of supply yet).

All the West Coast ports are almost always at 999999 fuel and supply. I just can't ship it out fast enough. So what good does shipping a little Oil to Oz so it can make a little extra supply and fuel there do me?

I suppose you will tell me that by mid 1944 I will be consuming 100s of thousands of tons per day in bombing raids or something.

Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 31
RE: How much Oil for OZ and how is the best way? - 9/2/2004 3:53:17 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

ORIGINAL: worr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag
You are not getting any extra by doing anything special. This is the normal course of the game.

I wasn't suggesting otherwise, Mr.Frag.

Sorry if I confused anyone here. I was actually asking about a second shipment of the same oil to another HI location. Say you go from Palembang, to Singapore. You'll get the fuel production there. Understood. But if you pick up that same oil and take it to Japan, what will happen then as it reaches a new HI?

As I understand it there are some production equations that work on a pool and others that interact only with specific locations.

I hope this helps.

Worr, out

Oil is useless without Heavy Industry to use it. No pool stuff here ... It's either in the hex with the HI or the HI does not run and nothing is produced.

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 32
RE: How much Oil for OZ and how is the best way? - 9/2/2004 3:57:16 AM   
moses

Once you drop off the oil at a HI location and it converts to fuel the oil disappears. It has been used up to produce fuel. The oil no longer exists so you can't pick it up and tranport it anywhere.

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 33
RE: How much Oil for OZ and how is the best way? - 9/2/2004 3:49:00 PM   
worr

quote:

ORIGINAL: moses

Once you drop off the oil at a HI location and it converts to fuel the oil disappears. It has been used up to produce fuel. The oil no longer exists so you can't pick it up and tranport it anywhere.

Thanks, Moses.

I figured as much. In other words, it generates fuel when it is used, not as it is delivered.

Worr, out

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 34
RE: How much Oil for OZ and how is the best way? - 9/3/2004 8:45:59 PM   
Hartley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beezle

AllAll the West Coast ports are almost always at 999999 fuel and supply. I just can't ship it out fast enough.

I'm in June '42 scenario 13, and none of these ports has more than 80,000 supplies or 50,000 fuel.

In fact, there a lot of AKs/TKs just waiting to load something.

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: How much Oil for OZ and how is the best way? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI