Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

limewire.com

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> limewire.com Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
limewire.com - 2/17/2002 4:09:00 AM   
Dogfish

Hey All: Found this site and thought I'd share... It's a Gnutella file transfer site along the lines of Napster, Audio Galaxy, etc. The difference is that along with MP3's you can search and download all file types... WAV,Jpeg,AVI's... even full programs. It look like it would be a good way to share scenarios and large files without email and for those of us that down have a website. You have to go to the website, download and install the free software, (or buy the premium version) install it and you are ready to go. You have two folders installed under the program for incoming and outgoing. If there are things you want to share, scenarios, maps, OOB's, LBM's etc put them in folders in the outgoing (shared folder) name them SPWAW something or other so that they would be found in a search and your ready to go. People can search, find and share your SPWAW Mods whenever you are online. You can monitor the access to your folders and even chat with the people downloading them. limewire

When you're wounded and left
on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Kipling

------------------
Post #: 1
- 2/18/2002 10:04:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Dogfish:
Hey All: Found this site and thought I'd share... It's a Gnutella file transfer site along the lines of Napster, Audio Galaxy, etc. The difference is that along with MP3's you can search and download all file types... WAV,Jpeg,AVI's... even full programs. It look like it would be a good way to share scenarios and large files without email and for those of us that down have a website. You have to go to the website, download and install the free software, (or buy the premium version) install it and you are ready to go. You have two folders installed under the program for incoming and outgoing. If there are things you want to share, scenarios, maps, OOB's, LBM's etc put them in folders in the outgoing (shared folder) name them SPWAW something or other so that they would be found in a search and your ready to go. People can search, find and share your SPWAW Mods whenever you are online. You can monitor the access to your folders and even chat with the people downloading them. limewire
I've offered to share third party unit packs for TA, scenarios for games, etc before, either with abmnet (small network dedicated more to brit scifi like Dr Who) or limewire. With limewire you have the benefits and problems of getting your initial connection thru the master server. You never really do connect with the entire net. With abmnet once I connected, I knew all 50-80 systems online. Though after collecting all 52 episodes of Blakes 7 I pretty well dropped out. If someone blanches at doing a 400+ meg download of SPWAW over a modem, consider that I got over 7 gigs of Blakes 7 mpgs via my 56k modem as well as SPWAW v1.0. The rest I picked up when I got the cable modem.
thanks, John.

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> limewire.com Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI