Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start? - 8/30/2004 7:05:05 AM   
rickcr

I just installed steel panther 8.20 from the zip file I downloaded and everything seemed to install fine but when I go to program files-- Steel Panthers World at War-- standard game, I get an error: "d3d9.dll not found." When I try the Game Menu from the same program files menu it brings up the menu fine and the links all work except for the "Play World at War" link -- it just does nothing (other than the wav file sound). If I go to "quick start" it seems I can get to the game ok from there. Does anyone else have these same problems on windows XP? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start? - 8/30/2004 7:41:05 AM   
chief

rickcr: i believe that file is for DX9 but i wouldn't lay a bet on it.

meanwhile run your game from the Mech.exe file in the main SPwaw folder, all you'll miss is the intro. You can make a shortcut for this file for your desk top. The problem it seems from what I read is that due to the different combinations you can now get in computers that you get that problem. SPwaw is an old DOS game run in a windows atmosphere and that don't help either. It dosen't affect the game so just enjoy and survive.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to rickcr)
Post #: 2
RE: starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start? - 8/30/2004 8:00:00 AM   
chief

rickcr: A little research shows that d3d9.dll is a Microsoft Direct 3d (file) V.4.09.00.0901 and can be downloaded from www.dll-files.com, just click on URL if interested. No guarantees.

< Message edited by chief -- 8/30/2004 1:01:11 AM >

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 3
RE: starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start? - 8/30/2004 8:16:27 AM   
rickcr

thanks Chief. I seem to get to the game no problem from the "Quick Start" link. As long as I'm not missing anything critical to the game functioning, I'll just use that link.

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 4
RE: starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start? - 8/30/2004 8:52:07 AM   
Voriax

You probably don't have directX 9? If not, then this problem will most likely go away when you upgrade.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to rickcr)
Post #: 5
RE: starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start? - 8/30/2004 9:53:06 AM   
rickcr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Voriax
You probably don't have directX 9? If not, then this problem will most likely go away when you upgrade.

That was it. Thanks. (I feel stupid, thought I had directX 9 installed after I upgraded my video card.. oh well, it's installed now and everything is working great).

Great game by the way. Just what I was looking for. I think I'll like Korsun Pocket as well, alhtough I haven't purchased it yet.

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> starting problems .. d3d9.dll and main menu no start? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI