Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TESTING THE WATERS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TESTING THE WATERS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TESTING THE WATERS - 2/23/2002 10:40:00 PM   
bud

Seeing how the difficulty in finishing off V7.1 has been, attempting to do adjustments that appears can't be done satisfying the current CD owners and PBEM players. Keeping in mind that income greases the wheels of prosperity and progress, would it be possible from a matrix position to develop a CD with completely changed OOBs for strictly PBEM, give it a name and sell it as its doing with its other CDs. This would satisfy accross the board problems with the current OOBs. Perhaps now making certain sides "like Russians" and certain unit classes "heavy flack, SP guns" more effective without damaging the other characteritics of the current CDs out. Because I think that when V7.1 is finished there will still be a lot of areas untouched in the OOBs due to engine and current CDs. So, can matrix, number one feel that its feasable to do it as well as legally considering their current resourses now being devoted towards CL and, number two, would the players be willing to have at least two CDs, one being dedicated for PBEM only? Thanks.

Post #: 1
- 2/24/2002 12:28:00 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I could be wrong, but last time I asked a question about Steel Panthers vis a vis putting any modification onto a cd, it had to be made equally free on the site as well for legal reasons. So that if I got your comments correct, would likely mean dont wait for a cd with any manner of portion of Steel Panthers to appear soon. Its just a fluke and likely bending the spirit of the Matrix arrangement with SSI that The Mega Campaigns come with Steel Panthers residing on the disk as it goes. Some lawyers would likely call putting Steel Panthers on the Mega Campaign cds a foul. It is nice that that hasnt occurred of course.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to bud)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TESTING THE WATERS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI