Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WW1 study aid.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> WW1 study aid. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WW1 study aid. - 9/4/2004 1:34:27 AM   
wodin

Very expensive but god I'd love to own them. Maybe one at a time for xams of the Wife? wink.gif

Captured German Trench and Operations Maps
from the Public Record Office Archive on CD-Rom.
192 large scale maps
Detailed viewing notes accompany each map
Pin-sharp images
Sophisticated cartographic software – yet simple and easy to operate
WWI as seen from the other side of the wire
Search - Zoom - Print
Explore history using an unique archive
Great reference resource for the battlefield tourist
Suitable for both the serious historian and the interested amateur
21st century technology bringing real benefits
Expand your knowledge of the First World War with The 4th cartography CD-ROM from N&MP

£99.98

Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-19
In 1921 81 volumes embracing every regiment and corps of the British Army were published listing approximately 635,000 Soldiers and 37,000 Officers who died in the war. It is this immense undertaking which is now published by The Naval & Military Press on one fully-relational database CD-Rom. Soldiers Died on CD-ROM contains the complete set of all 81 volumes with software that allows searching of every element in each record. Searches can be executed for Regiments, Battalions, surnames, Christian name(s), initial(s), born (town), born (county), enlisted (town), enlisted (county), regimental number, rank, killed in action, died of wounds, died, theatre of war of death, date(s) and supplementary notes.

£258.99

The Imperial War Museum Trench Map Archive
Reproducing Trench Maps has always been an insurmountable problem using traditional printing methods. Even if you could obtain a representative collection, the costs involved in reproduction would be prohibitive. Equally, original intact maps must be considered rare. They change hands at figures in excess of £100 per map! Innovative publishers, The Naval & Military Press, have taken 175 maps from the collection housed at the Imperial War Museum which have been digitally scanned in 8-bit colour at 200dpi using a professional, state-of-the-art, large scale drum scanner. This has resulted in pin-sharp images of this rare archive. Using the most technologically advanced software available to us N&MP has produced a user-friendly package which allows you to browse, view and, if required, print.

£99.98

Official History of the Great War, Military Operations Maps, France & Belgium
The Official Historians had the benefit of various record collections of maps available to them at the start of their work in 1920. Sorting and arranging material started much earlier. Following the Armistice, many records were pulped or burned in France because of the impossibility of shipping them all back and the need to reduce their immense volume to a manageable quantity. Many papers and most war diaries of headquarters, formations and units, and the annotated maps thereto appended were untouched by this holocaust. Many 1914-18 records were, however, later destroyed by enemy bombing in 1940. In the 1930s the Great War historical and other records (including war diaries) of the British Army comprised 1,900 tons and occupied 15 miles of shelving! The Official Historians also used information supplied after 1918 by their former allies and enemies. The last volumes of the Official History were not published until after the Second World War.

Drawn for the official series History of the Great War, Military Operations, France & Belgium, the outline dispositions and situation maps and colour-layered topographical maps represent in a reduced and simplified form the vast production of British military cartography (over 32 million trench, tactical, strategic and topographical maps) during the years 1914-18. Providing a powerful and revealing picture of the stages of operations. Naval & Military Press in this new CD Rom present these maps, which have never been reprinted in colour since the original publication of the Official Histories. Used in conjunction with the Official History text volumes, or as a stand alone reference tool, this archive is required viewing for all students the Great war.

£76.38

Official History of the Great War, Military Operations Maps, Other Theatres
Drawn for the official series ‘History of the Great War, Military Operations, Other Theatres,’ the outline dispositions and situation maps and colour-layered topographical maps represent in a reduced and simplified form the vast production of British military cartography (over 32 million trench, tactical, strategic and topographical maps) during the years 1914-18. Providing a powerful and revealing picture of the stages of operations, they were designed to be used with the text and appendix volumes. Recent reprints of the Official Histories have included the sketches bound into the text volumes, but have excluded the maps in pockets and in map-cases; Naval & Military Press have therefore decided to concentrate, in this new CD Rom, on presenting these maps, which have never been reprinted since the original publication of the Official Histories

£76.34

Army Roll Of Honour - World War II

£170.38

Armies Of The Crown

£44.65

I did a copy and paste for your info but here is the link

LINK
Post #: 1
RE: WW1 study aid. - 9/4/2004 5:17:02 AM   
Dirtdog20

I would love to own all the works but with the conversion rate it is around $200 US for one of the works for me before shipping. My wife loves me but..........

< Message edited by Dirtdog20 -- 9/3/2004 9:29:21 PM >

You mean that we gotta take a test after we read this stuff?!?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: WW1 study aid. - 9/10/2004 6:48:48 PM   
GWL_Tim

I have the Trench Maps and Official History Maps of France and Belgium. They are superb and worth every penny (just don't tell my missus how much they cost )

(in reply to Dirtdog20)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> WW1 study aid. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI