Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lost Victories question...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Lost Victories question... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lost Victories question... - 9/7/2004 2:15:16 AM   
mdaia313

Greetings. I have been a regualr visitor to Matrix's SP:WaW forum for some time, and this is my first post here.

I recently purchased Lost Victories and am having a blast. After closing the ring at Uman, and saving a battery of the 1st Mountain Division, there came a mission to prevent a major break-through attempt. Despite stopping the Russians in their tracks without many losses and still holding all objectives, I recieved a draw for the battle. The following mission is called "Budenny is waiting for you.." Only problem is that I went from early August, stoping the break-through, to September with just one battle!

Is this supposed to work this way, or did the draw affect future assigments ? I have tried my hand at stopping the break-through three times now, all with few losses on my part, and all managing a draw. I really don't want to miss a whole month of Barbarossa. Any help will be appreciated. Oh, the scenario was done by none other than Don Doom...I've been to the SP:WaW Depot too

PS. For any and all who have played Lost Victories before, does one get to fight for/in Kharkov?

Thanks,

MD
Post #: 1
RE: Lost Victories question... - 9/7/2004 2:34:34 AM   
Sawbonz

I just finished that scenario too and had same result. My game ended prematurely after about 8 or 9 turns. I tried again and attacked since I knew the scene and still got a draw despite virtually no loses and again stopped prematurely.

(in reply to mdaia313)
Post #: 2
RE: Lost Victories question... - 9/7/2004 3:11:44 AM   
Clipper1968

Have played MC LV a very long time ago (more than 2 years ago), so I am sorry but I don't remember at all this scen.
Nevertheless I recall perfectly the scen where your units have to rescue an isolated battery of the 1. Gebirgsjaeger Division and IIRC I hopefully get a save for this battle; could you confirm me that the battle you are referred to is the one following this rescue misssion? If so I can load it, play the scen and let you know what is happening unless someone is able to give an accurate answer?

Not sure but I think at least I have always got a marginal victory...

Time to go to sleep...02.10 am overhere.

(in reply to Sawbonz)
Post #: 3
RE: Lost Victories question... - 9/7/2004 4:35:02 AM   
mdaia313

Well, I replayed it again, this time I held my troops back to hold the line without counter attacking. Again losses were not that great, but the battle ended at about the 7th turn with Ivan fleeing. However, this time I got a loss! Nex battle is on August 15th and about to cross the giagantic Dniepr River at Gornostaipol, just north of Kiev. Which is more or less what I wanted, couldn't just give up on the carnage around Kiev

Thanks for your help Sawbonz and Pumba do get some .

MD

(in reply to Sawbonz)
Post #: 4
RE: Lost Victories question... - 9/14/2004 5:46:50 PM   
RockinHarry

MD..I just checked my docs and it appeared the scenario (A Desperate charge for freedom) you played should be ok after installing the available LV patches!

..and yes, you´re going to fight the 1st Charkov battle, but I can´t tell you how to proceed there. Maybe someone else can.

Have fun

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to mdaia313)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Lost Victories question... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI