Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Building - Damaged units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Scenario Building - Damaged units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Building - Damaged units - 2/27/2002 10:22:00 PM   
Omegaunit

Hey I am designing a scenario and after a few attemps at it I have to give MAD PROPS to all the people who have designed kick *** scenarios in the past. It isin't as easy as one would think, there is a lot of planning that goes into it to make it a fun scenario. a few questions to the master designers..... 1- how do I get smoking destroyed tanks to litter the battlefield. 2- is there a way to start a unit ragged and with broken morale so that it retreats on the first turn and has to be rallied and all that? 3-I remember a string about smoking a map before the game starts can somebody explain that or link me to the string because I cant find it? SPWAW ROCKS!!!!

-// Enough with the arms of critique! it is time for the Critique of arms!!! //---
Post #: 1
- 2/27/2002 11:58:00 PM   
Larry Holt

1. To destroy vehicles, buy and place them on the battlefield. Save and go into the editor and give them 0 men and a high level of damage. CAUTION!! This should be the last thing you do and only after saving. Once you place a destroyed vehicle on the map, it CANNOT be removed. If you wipe the scenario and change the terrain, it will still be there. 2. Again, go into the editor and change the unit's values. (you can edit using Fred's editor or in the SPWaW editor) 3. buy some arty and set it to fire on turn one. save the game after it fires, go back to the editor and remove the arty and rest the time to turn one. You now have smoke on the battlefield. It certainly does rock! Enjoy

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 2
- 3/1/2002 4:52:00 PM   
RockinHarry

Hi Omega, Larry already pointed the main procedures. Some additions: 1: In the SPWAW unit deploy screen, select the to be destroyed unit and hit the "U" key on your keyboard and hit "y" when asked to destroy the currently selected unit. (..must be vehicle IIRC)
Do this as very last step in scenario design as it might cause some nastey side effects if improperly used. 2: Giving units a pregame suppression. Start up Fred Chlandas WaW Editor and go to "Tools/Position-Properties" screen. There´s a drop down menu where you also can enter suppression values for the scenario units. Enter a min and a max value into the appropriate data boxes and push the "set" button. This randomly applies suppression with min and max set values. Ahh....you first have to select units of course. Just click desired unit and it get a red marker. 3: Smoke on map. As Larry suggested or read procedure in my Map Edit doc file or...get Ectizens SDQ tools, they have some nice smoke tool called Smopke machine. Fred Chlandas Editors: http://blake.prohosting.com/fchlanda/ Ectizens tools: http://www.ectopia.net/~ectizen/ have fun ________-
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Scenario Building - Damaged units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI