Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 2:54:57 AM   
Rainer

Bug Report
Version 1.21 all patches applied
No hardware problems, no driver problems, no sound problems
Game running smooth

Scenario 15
Allied against Computer
All areas under Computer Control except South East (SE)
Daily turns, date Nov 17, 1942

Human controlled TF 1145 and TF 1077 in hex 54,94 are send to allied occupied Dobodura (Dobodura set as Destination and Home Port).
TFs started initially in Port Moresby and are transporting troops (Aus 7th Div) and supplies.
Both TFs fully supplied and plenty of fuel.
Next turn both TFs show San Francisco as Destination and Home Port.
Clicking on TF1077 (now in Hex 56,95) or TF1145 (57,94) still shows the path to Doboduro.

TF1155 in Hex 53,92 had orders to load supplies in Port Moresby (supplies at PM 47,445) to be transported to Dobodura.
TF1155 left Port Moresby with a load of 500 (!) out of 30,000.
Destination next turn is Port Moresby, not Dobodura anymore.

There has been no attack on any of said TFs.

Saves before (Nov 17, 1942) and after (Nov 18, 1942) available upon request.

Cheers
Rainer
Post #: 1
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 3:10:36 AM   
Dr. Foo

I have had this happen as well. I do not know if it is a bug; however, I find that if you change the home port to the destination it will stop this from happening.

*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 2
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 3:32:20 AM   
Rainer

Part 2 of Bug report:

Two turns later (I simply did nothing) TFs 1077 and 1145 have reached Dobodura and started unloading.
STILL showing San Francisco as Destination and Home Port.
TF1155 has returned to Port Moresby.

This save also is available upon request.

End of Bug Report

My feelings about the situation:
At this stage the game is pretty useless for me, and I feel rather disappointed.
Forces of SoWePac cannot be controlled by the human player with any degree of reliability. This is, unfortunately, true for LCUs and Air Groups as well (see my earlier bug reports).
(Note on the side: SoPac Forces have so far not shown this kind of irregularities).

My sincere hope is (after playing GG's PacWar and Carrier Strike intensely for more than 12 years) that all efforts will be made to bring the game back to a state where the player can control the game according to the manual (and apparent intentions of designers). Most of all I want to have fun with this grand design. I can live with some smaller problems (like I did with PacWar), but not at this scale.
Please don't get me wrong, I DO believe this can and will be fixed.
Cheers
Rainer

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 3
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 3:36:10 AM   
Rainer

That's what I did
quote:

(Dobodura set as Destination and Home Port).

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 4
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 3:40:31 AM   
Dr. Foo

OK, sorry I overlooked that. Did you have Patrol/do not retire selected?

*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 5
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 12:54:33 PM   
michaelm75au

I have a theory (only) about Home base changeover which I have yet to prove.

If the route to the HomeBase of the Taskforce goes to close to strong enemy bases/air or it is "too far away", the AI will change the HomeBase to some other Base "closer" or if the base is enemy occupied to None.

This seems to be the case when starting scenario #15. Some of the HB of the TFs shown in the database by the editor don't tie up with the actual HB showing when the game starts. Others match up fine. The ones that don't seem to be in the DEI or PI where the TF needs to traverse a long distance to the HB defined by the database.

As I say I am still playing around with the theory..
Michael

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 6
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 6:23:41 PM   
Mr.Frag

The AI uses the Home Base itself when ships are on computer control for reasons other then the normal use of home base.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 7:14:09 PM   
Rainer

Isn't that beside the point? The TFs were not under Computer Control. They were under Human Control. They departed from Port Moresby. They were set to go to the Allied base Dobodura. I can't understand why they were set by the program (AI?) to go to San Francisco. If returned by AI because of enemy threat I'd understand if they would be returned to Port Moresby, Brisbane or Noumea, but not San Francisco. That really does not make any sense to me.
I also don't understand why the TF with the supplies returned to Port Moresby.
This looks suspiciously like a bug to me. Especially because the two TFs with the troops did go to Dobodura after all, despite the fact they both still show San Francisco as home port and destination, and still are shown to be under Human Control.
Again, this is not meant to be a rant.
My hope is that messages like this will contribute to an even better game.
Then again, so far nobody has asked for the saves, so apparently nobody at this time is seriously looking into this.
Sigh.
Rainer
PS: Am keeping the saves in a save place, just in case :)

PPS: A direct question to Mr. Frag: this scenario has been started with 1.20, not 1.21. Would you recommend to start over, because a damaged OOB might cause all of this (including the phenomenons stated in my other reorts - LCU, Air Groups)?
I have a feeling this may be related to a broken OOB because it all seems only be related to SoWePac, not SoPac.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 8
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 8:04:44 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

PPS: A direct question to Mr. Frag: this scenario has been started with 1.20, not 1.21. Would you recommend to start over, because a damaged OOB might cause all of this (including the phenomenons stated in my other reorts - LCU, Air Groups)?
I have a feeling this may be related to a broken OOB because it all seems only be related to SoWePac, not SoPac.

I'd wait for the next patch which includes so many changes and fixes and OOB stuff

Want to check Dobo in your game to see if it lists as a *base* or an *airfield* ... I think 1.20 still had it as an airfield which will be driving the ships to drink excessively. If this is the case, go to Buna and walk 'em there.

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 9
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 11:17:27 PM   
Rainer

Dobodura is listet as "Primary Australian Airfield". That's why they drink so much? :)

And you want me to go to Buna? Buna shows Airfield Damage 2, Port Damage 21. That's what my B25, B26 and A20 did to them. Not sure my Australian Division will be enthusiastically welcomed ;)

OK, thanks for the answer. I'll continue with the current game, just to see what comes out of this. And when (when?!) the patch is out, I'll start over.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Rainer

PS: You're sure you don't need the saves ?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 10
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/10/2004 11:26:34 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Dobodura is listet as "Primary Australian Airfield".

Ever tried to dock a ship at an airfield? Thats one of those things that was in the 1.21 OOB updates.

There are a handful of bases set to airfields incorrectly that will cause your ship captains to reset themselves as you have told them to go somewhere they can't get to.

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 11
RE: Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered - 9/11/2004 12:38:31 AM   
Rainer

Phew, I'm truly relieved.
Makes me nervous when I'm not sure where some oddity comes from.
Made my day, thanks Mr. Frag
Cheers
Rainer
PS: Saves happily dumped. RIP

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Human Controlled TFs going to other ports than ordered Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI