Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Base changing control - BUG?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Base changing control - BUG? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Base changing control - BUG? - 9/18/2004 2:59:16 PM   
pfnognoff

Hi guys,

I'm currently enjoying my first WiTP PBeM game. I'm playing as allies, and having completely different experience from my UV days. I love it! It's scenario 15 version 1.21

We have came accross one issue that me and my opponent (Pauk) think could be a bug. He landed at Khota Baru and is advancing along the coast towards Kuantan. 5th division and Imperial Guards are at Alor Star fighting 5 of my brigades I have sent forward to stop (delay) them. The base below Alor Star (Taiping?) was empty for more than a week, and has now changed control without a fight. So now he can order his troops to march toward this base, jumping over my forces. Was this ment to work this way?

On another topic, I have a save, if you need it, where you can find Australian division and Tank regiment moving along the railroad, but when you click on the troop icon in the hex, only the infantry division is listed. The tank regiment is visible on the bottom of the screen, so I can give them orders. I know this was reported for units over enemy bases, but this is in Australia and there is no base in the hex.
Post #: 1
RE: Base changing control - BUG? - 9/18/2004 3:38:50 PM   
michaelm75au

Hi
Did enemy units retreat TOWARD the base that changed hands? Currently, enemy units can sometimes retreat behind you.[IIRC addressed in next patch.]

With the second topic, clicking on the troop icon, did you notice if the unit type filter was on? It might be set to show only infantry.

Michael

(in reply to pfnognoff)
Post #: 2
RE: Base changing control - BUG? - 9/18/2004 3:48:47 PM   
Caltone

Empty bases can change hands in response to enemy troops in the area. It's like a 'zone of control' type of effect. It's supposed to be that way.

"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to pfnognoff)
Post #: 3
RE: Base changing control - BUG? - 9/18/2004 3:55:48 PM   
michaelm75au

I thought that was the case but I can find anything in the manual about it or how far it extends. Would you know where about it is? Or was it just get posted on forum.

Cheers
Michael

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 4
RE: Base changing control - BUG? - 9/18/2004 4:36:38 PM   
pfnognoff

Empty bases changing control due to ZOC sounds ok, but moving over the enemy, in our case from Alor Star (allied base with allied forces) to Taiping (IJA base without any forces)? Why doesnt, ZOC apply here? It's not like he is retreating, he is advancing!

In any case, I will not defend like this again. I realized I made a mistake moving all my forces forward, but I hoped he needs to walk over from Khota Baru, before I needed to abandon Alor Star, and since he was going down to Kuantan, I thought it can work.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 5
RE: Base changing control - BUG? - 9/18/2004 4:47:33 PM   
pfnognoff

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

With the second topic, clicking on the troop icon, did you notice if the unit type filter was on? It might be set to show only infantry.

I have loaded the file again, and you are right. It was a case of a "magic" click where if you place your mouse carefully, click on a map icon, and it carries the click over to the popup list In my case it seems it was just over the Armor filter and it went off after I've clicked on the map icon...

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Base changing control - BUG? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI