Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I'm back and here is our October update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: I'm back and here is our October update! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I'm back and here is our October update! - 9/26/2004 2:50:00 PM   
BoerWar

quote:

Ardilla:

The computer will not know the player is out of the game BUT the host GA would and could execute a turn and send them out to the players. I have not and do not plan to allow the computer to decide when to step in. I think this is best done by the GA because of the fact that all PBEM games that I have been in HAVE extremely different time scales. Some do a turn a week, some in a month, etc. I want the GA to arbitrate this. A predetermined timeout could be programmed BUT has not in this release.

Thank you

Marshall, would it not be possible to make this a game setting selection that could be agreed by the players and selected at the beginning of the game? Otherwise, the GA becomes a weakspot in the completion of the game. What happens if the GA's country gets knocked out of the game or his country is doing poorly? Do the other players have to throw him/her bones to keep them in the game or can the game go on without the PA?

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 31
RE: I'm back and here is our October update! - 10/2/2004 6:39:53 PM   
meyerg

Yes; we need the rules ASAP. Finally, I hope to make this a Christmas present to myself and play over the Christmas break. Please have it done by then, even if we have to sacrifice a few testers due to overwork (think the Pyramids).

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 32
RE: I'm back and here is our October update! - 10/5/2004 6:35:14 PM   
1LTRambo

Am I hearing the cries of mutany as we approach the one year mark of the original release date? We must continue to be patient, if we want to have a great gaming experience with this game. I have faith that they will have this game completed in a timely manor, but only after they have tuned it properly.

(in reply to meyerg)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: I'm back and here is our October update! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI