Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Terrible Digital Download experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> Terrible Digital Download experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Terrible Digital Download experience - 9/27/2004 7:14:18 AM   
humunuku

This is the absolutely worst internet buying experience I have EVER had.

I ordered Battles in Normandy, via both boxed CD-Rom AND Digital Download tonight. I began downloading at 7:22 pm, and as of this minute, I have had to RESTART 34 TIMES. (NOTE: I was at only 30 restarts when I first tried to log-on and post my experience here; by the time I finally re-learned my Matrix Forums password and logged on, I reached 34 RESTARTS.)

I have, as of this minute, been trying OVER AND OVER for 1 hour and 50 minutes.

I am using Comcast broadband, and the downloads have varied from 100 to 280 MB per second. Whenever the download shows that it has stopped, I close the box, click Digital Download again, save it to the same Desktop, and start over again. Sometimes it continues where it last stopped, but almost as often it begins all over at the start. I have reached a maximum of 83 MB downloaded, and also attained about 60 MB several times.

This is so damn frustrating that I don't know if I will ever buy anything from Matrix ever again. No game or product is worth this much frustration.

I will continue trying to download again tonight, but have no hope that I will succeed...and if I happen to fail just before reaching 201 MB...I will scream over and over again!

Bob Cohen
Post #: 1
RE: Terrible Digital Download experience - 9/27/2004 8:06:44 AM   
Erik Rutins

Bob,

The problem is not our servers, it's something between you and us on the internet or something at your ISP. Have you ever downloaded a file this large before? Please try www.stardownloader.com, download the free version - install it and you should be able to resume any time you lose your connection without having to start over. Let me know if that helps, thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to humunuku)
Post #: 2
RE: Terrible Digital Download experience - 9/27/2004 9:04:21 AM   
humunuku

Thank you Erik for such a quick response.

Right after I finished my rant, I rebooted...and tried (for the 35th time) downloading BIN again. It actually worked flawlessly, albeit at 96 KB/sec; it took about 45 minutes and now I am a happy camper!

I apologize for my rant, but I was supremely frustrated...and foresaw that I might "totally lose it," if I ever got close to a complete download and THEN had to start over. Somehow, my laptop just needed to reset itself (as well as myself).

Please ignore the virtually identical complaint that I lodged with Matrix Customer Support, just before I lodged my post in this forum.

I also thank you for your recommendation...and am now a proud owner of Stardownloader. (I have achieved large downloads before, but never had such frustration at any level, either 56k or broadband.)

Off to Kinko I go, to print the BIN Manual and Tutorial.

I do still look forward to receiving the BIN CD-ROM.

Thanks again,

Bob Cohen

(in reply to humunuku)
Post #: 3
RE: Terrible Digital Download experience - 9/30/2004 2:40:29 AM   
wodin

You have broadband that gives 100 to 280 mb a second!!?

Give me some of that please.

< Message edited by wodin -- 9/30/2004 12:40:31 AM >

(in reply to humunuku)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> Terrible Digital Download experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI