Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/22/2004 8:42:20 AM   
wolf2776

Is Matrix planning to release a new patch for WitP? If so, when? I have a request. It would be nice to be able to review the messages given during a turn. It would help a lot in locating new troop and equipment arrivals (I can't write that fast).
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/22/2004 9:50:15 AM   
dtravel

The 1.3 patch should be released in a little over a week. There has been a post by Kid that they are beginning work on a 1.4 patch.

If you will check the wishlist thread, you'll see that your request has been made several times. 2by3 has indicated that it isn't likely to be implemented because the operations report is shared by both sides in a PBEM game. So putting new arrivals there would also inform your opponent when and where you have received additional forces.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to wolf2776)
Post #: 2
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/22/2004 11:07:49 AM   
Ron Saueracker

The operations reports are worthless if both are identical. Why bother having it at all? Wasted effort.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 3
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/22/2004 9:08:51 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

The 1.3 patch should be released in a little over a week. There has been a post by Kid that they are beginning work on a 1.4 patch.

If you will check the wishlist thread, you'll see that your request has been made several times. 2by3 has indicated that it isn't likely to be implemented because the operations report is shared by both sides in a PBEM game. So putting new arrivals there would also inform your opponent when and where you have received additional forces.

Isnt the signit report only viewed by one side? Why can this be viewed by one side but not the operations reports? Cant the operations report be changed to be like the signit report?

If not then put the arrivals on the signit report then. Better than nothing.

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 10/22/2004 2:09:28 PM >

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 4
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/22/2004 9:13:43 PM   
Feinder

Actually, the sigint reports can be viewed by both sides in PBEM. When you run the 01 file, it creates the OpsRpt, CbtRpt, ASigint, JSigint reports.

So when Japan runs the turn, all the reports are created. He can look at the Asigint report, and know what the Allied player knows. He then sends the 01 reports to the Allied player, and when -he- executes it, he again creates all 4 files on his box; and can thus see the JSigint report.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 5
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/22/2004 9:19:49 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

Actually, the sigint reports can be viewed by both sides in PBEM. When you run the 01 file, it creates the OpsRpt, CbtRpt, ASigint, JSigint reports.

So when Japan runs the turn, all the reports are created. He can look at the Asigint report, and know what the Allied player knows. He then sends the 01 reports to the Allied player, and when -he- executes it, he again creates all 4 files on his box; and can thus see the JSigint report.

-F-

ahh i havent played pbem yet. there seems to be a lot of differences. someone else said there are a lot less messages. thanks good to know. guess there is no fix for this problem.

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 6
SigInt - 10/23/2004 6:35:07 PM   
SteveV

Shouldn't there be a way to require a password to protect the SigInt reports? That would *seem* pretty simple. Can we add that to the wish list?

Steve V

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 7
RE: SigInt - 10/28/2004 8:56:22 AM   
pad152

The best way to resolve this would be to be able to scroll through the window that displays the operational messages so we can review reinforcement info.

(in reply to SteveV)
Post #: 8
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/29/2004 3:31:28 AM   
Gem35

quote:

Is Matrix planning to release a new patch for WitP? If so, when? I have a request. It would be nice to be able to review the messages given during a turn. It would help a lot in locating new troop and equipment arrivals (I can't write that fast).

not to sound like a crab, but why don't you look at your unit arrivals from the intelligence report screen? they are all listed there , troops, a/c and ship arrivals...in plain english

(in reply to wolf2776)
Post #: 9
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/29/2004 5:27:16 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

quote:

not to sound like a crab, but why don't you look at your unit arrivals from the intelligence report screen? they are all listed there , troops, a/c and ship arrivals...in plain english

And disappear from the Intelligence screen as soon as they have arrived, so you can't see what has just become available. Unless the player remembers to check every turn to see what is supposed to arrive next turn and writes it down by hand, the Intelligence screen doesn't help.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 10
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/29/2004 5:39:56 AM   
Halsey

I have my stenographer write down all bases receiving reinforcements. That way I remember to check on them the next turn. "It's the only way to be sure".

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 11
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/29/2004 10:54:32 PM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

I have my stenographer write down all bases receiving reinforcements. That way I remember to check on them the next turn. "It's the only way to be sure".

I'm sorry, you have that wrong. Nuking from orbit is the only way to be sure.

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 12
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 10/30/2004 10:37:59 PM   
Gem35

well, all I can say is if you are not checking your intel screen and planning what to do with your reinfocements, then maybe you should go play a different game.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 13
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 11/1/2004 2:36:53 AM   
wolf2776

The game does not always deliver units on the days quoted on the intellignce report. It is just an estimate. Plus you have to look through reports for troops, ships and planes. Not very handy.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 14
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 11/1/2004 4:09:02 AM   
fbastos

Last time I checked my SIGINT report it said that there was someone using a radio at Seattle...

As it might very well be Howard Stern, I didn't look at it again... :)

f.

I'm running out of jokes...

(in reply to wolf2776)
Post #: 15
RE: Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP - 11/1/2004 5:08:06 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbastos

Last time I checked my SIGINT report it said that there was someone using a radio at Seattle...

As it might very well be Howard Stern, I didn't look at it again... :)

f.

It was Frasier Crane.

(in reply to fbastos)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Is Matrix working on a New Patch for WitP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI