Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: commitment criterea

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: commitment criterea Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: commitment criterea - 11/6/2004 12:09:28 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

Yes drop Rangoon.........send the supplies/fuel that you pull out to Akyab and the oil to India. By making a stand at Akyab to will force him to divert forces to suppress/invade, which in turn will help in tghe defence of Mandalay. he can not take one without dealing with the other. Send all of the dutch minelaying ships to the Bay of Bengal from the get-go and sow mines.

That guarantees their loss to enemy air, worth it?

Use Dutch Minelaying subs O19 and O20 in Bay of Bengal, operating outof Diamond Harbor. Close to where the action is.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 31
RE: 12-8-41 Screenies - 11/6/2004 12:30:14 AM   
Oznoyng

Hmmm...Did Tennessee and Pennsylvania already sink, or did they get away unscathed? Was this after a single day of attacks under version 1.3?

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 32
RE: 12-8-41 Screenies - 11/6/2004 12:38:33 AM   
rroberson

West Coast

Experience with Xargun is he literally fills the normal routes between Pearl and the West Coast with submarines. Most of them out of my air range. This game all my shipping will route around his sub zones with the exception of destroyers which will hopefully keep him occupied. It adds a few days to the trip, but i have found coming up on the southeast side of Pearl is the safest route. This turn I will flood the one hex line along the west coast to clear out any enemy submarines that might be there. After that I will constantly keep my destroyers at work clearing this area.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rroberson -- 11/5/2004 11:10:16 PM >

(in reply to Oznoyng)
Post #: 33
RE: 12-8-41 Screenies - 11/6/2004 12:41:30 AM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oznoyng

Hmmm...Did Tennessee and Pennsylvania already sink, or did they get away unscathed? Was this after a single day of attacks under version 1.3?

Not quite

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Oznoyng)
Post #: 34
RE: 12-8-41 Screenies - 11/6/2004 12:46:20 AM   
rroberson

I was rather surprised at the day 1 landings very light.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 35
RE: 12-8-41 Screenies - 11/6/2004 12:53:10 AM   
rroberson

Light landings in the Malaya can only mean one thing... a major effort somewhere else...in this case the Philippines. This could be trouble as there are already 44 thousand Xargunite combat troops on the ground there.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 36
RE: 12-8-41 Screenies - 11/6/2004 12:59:45 AM   
rroberson

The dutch were also struck day one, I imagine he will make these air bases to interdicting shipping and to prevent rescue efforts.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 37
RE: Xargun and Rob my side of the map - 11/6/2004 1:02:12 AM   
Oznoyng

That was a pretty good PH for him. Most of my test attacks haven't looked that good after two days of attacks. Every BB you have is either in the red for sys damage or sunk. I usually have 1 to 4 BB's in the green after Day 1. If he sticks around for a second day, it looks like he could probably put a couple more BB's under waves.

That SS makes me wish you could set target priorities. After hitting the BB's that hard, I would love to be able to set priorities so that subsequent attacks did not hit previously damaged ships.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 38
RE: 12-8-41 Screenies - 11/6/2004 1:02:37 AM   
rroberson

He also grabbed Tarawa, before he is done I expect him to grab these other islands...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 39
RE: Xargun and Rob my side of the map - 11/6/2004 1:04:00 AM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oznoyng

That was a pretty good PH for him. Most of my test attacks haven't looked that good after two days of attacks. Every BB you have is either in the red for sys damage or sunk. I usually have 1 to 4 BB's in the green after Day 1. If he sticks around for a second day, it looks like he could probably put a couple more BB's under waves.

That SS makes me wish you could set target priorities. After hitting the BB's that hard, I would love to be able to set priorities so that subsequent attacks did not hit previously damaged ships.

Yeah I agree, I expect him to go after repair facilities if he sticks around for a day two and day three strikes....I also expect him to divide his carriers after that and attempt to interdicting friendly shipping between the west coast and pearl. Naturally there will be none to interdict ;).

(in reply to Oznoyng)
Post #: 40
12-8-41 - 11/8/2004 12:47:16 AM   
rroberson

Okay, I have set my general strategies for turn one.

West Coast

Going to leave transports sitting in port for a couple of days. Have dispatched ASW forces to plow the field of IJN submarines along the one hex area from SF to SD.

Pearl Harbor

The harbor is closed for any traffic until hurricane Xargun passes, he usually spends a couple days showering the harbor with Ford bumbers. He may retire early since he was giddy about his first turn results.

Wake

He didnt hit it day one. If he avoids it I will attempt a rescue of the air assets. We will see.

Alaska

Eventually I will base subs out of dutch harbor. I will begin the assembly there sometime in January.

China

I am employing several strategies here. On the ground I have divided up roughly a third of my lighter units and using them for partisian warfare. I am drawing back to places like Lanchow with heavier forces and digging in. Between the two things it should give him quite the fight. Eventually I will move heavier air units in theatre and hammer places his ill-gotten cities.

Burma

I agree with everyone's proposal to defend the Akyab-Mandalay line so I am drawing units back to these areas, my Chinese forces are on the move. My air assets are in place (AVG among others) and I have sent tons of empty transports to Rangoon to begin the evac. I have left indiviual units in place south of Rangoon and in the city itself to slow him down should he make a sudden thrust that way.

Malaya

I have ordered my heavier units south to Singapore. Lighter units are dividing and becoming speed bumps. All air assets have been withdrawn with the exception of Singapore where I hope to give his naval assets a fun time.

DEI

Some air assets are withdrawing, he has made several landings and my ground forces will fall back to evac assembly areas.

Australia

Nothing major here yet, increasing airfield sizes and make supply runs to PM.

PM

Increasing airfield, port and fortifications. Once I get the PPs I will reinforce the ground units here. This will become a major supply hub too. PM will be held.

Noumea

A second supply hub will be built here. First chance I get I will land NZ troops here. Right now I have a number of warships enroute to the area for support.

PI

Run away Run away. He has landed so many troops here I wonder how long it will last. I have begun to build forts in the big three (bataan, manilla and clark) I am drawing as many troops to Clark as I can hoping to avoid his net. I have already moved one B-17 squadron to DEI (bound for SE asia) as well as a third of a P-40 squadron. I will continue to evac my air assets as quickly as I can.

Thats it for now, long first turn, this game I will use my submarines against his shipping, (unlike the last 2) a lot more. I previously was holding them back since their torpedoes are so poor. Mining all his ports caused him to have to use his MSW and slowed him down a bit. I hope he will spread them out again, only this time they will have nothing to do. At any rate this is a quick summary of what I am up to. I will try to provide more details in the coming days.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 41
RE: 12-8-41 - 11/8/2004 7:11:35 PM   
rroberson

12-8-41 Went about as well for me as one could hope. I did lose some shipping (which will be a constant in this game) thanks to some nice weather over Pearl and a bit of luck in the PI Im pretty happy. First over Pearl only his fighters showed up despite his deathstar sitting just two hexes north of the islands. I talked to him later and he says weather prevented his bomber launch so I only saw a fighter sweep. Good for me, bad for him, but I'm sure he will now stick around a third day.

Just west of Manilla we got into a surface duel. I am doing the typical bum rush trying to get all my surface forces out of the PI before the hammer comes down, naturally he is doing everything to prevent that. Yesterday I noticed that he had what appeared to be a large surface group in a blocking position just west of Manilla. Me with just four destroyers i reccognized the danger of this so i sent them into battle. Now i thought he had at least 8 cruiser/destroyers ships there. Turns out, it was a group of minelayers and a PG or two. I sent one of his minelayers to the bottom and rattled one of his PGs. Im sure thats why he was so surely when he sent me the turn ;). Attempting to mine Manilla Bay.

Other then that the turn was really, boring. Which is good for me...the Allies need boring until 1943.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 42
RE: 12-8-41 - 11/8/2004 7:14:36 PM   
rroberson

Now this will prove to be a bit of a problem. He is interdicting retreat routes with his small carriers. Dutch air has a go at them everyday, but let's face it unless the gods are kind....these mini carriers will be a pain in my ass.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 43
RE: 12-9-41 - 11/8/2004 8:53:16 PM   
rroberson

Okay, I have set my general strategies for turn two.

West Coast

ASW forces have been deployed. I spoted an IJN sub off San Diego and dispatched the Destroyers Crosby and Kennison to deal with it. The destroyer captain is pretty poor so we will see what he can do about the sub.

Pearl Harbor

The harbor remains closed until hurricane Xargun passes. 4 of my fighters dueled with a IJN naval air sweep.

Wake

Still no sign of Xargun here.

Alaska

No Changes

China

Ground troops on the move everywhere as I begin to draw forces back to the larger citites. Operation uprising is also underway as I begin to occupy rail heads and try to slide in behind Xargun lines with lighter forces. Once I withdraw most of my bomber force from Malaya I intend to base a significant part of them in China to aid with the nationalist strategic bombing campaign which will begin in the next week or so. I will be moving one third of AVG here. P-40s out of Manilla as well as B-17s from PI during the next week or two. Once I have sufficient force gathered in theatre I intend to see how much of his fighter force I can keep tied up here. He has already moved ground forces into Yenen, I hope to tie him up there for a week or so before withdrawing back to Lanchow.

Burma

Operation Raverdave is well underway here. Many transports in route. Both Commonwealth and British troops on the move. I have begun to withdraw some air assets out of Malaya and base them here to suppor this operation. If he makes a major effort here he will find a brick wall if I have time to get it in place.

Malaya

He now has 30-K troops on the ground here mostly Khota Bharu area. I will use the fighting withdrawal theory here to slow him down some, I hope I can hold Singapore until march. His lack of available shipping is probably my biggest ally in that. Most of my important air assets are long gone, the exception being Singapore which will continue to be an active airfield until he begins an air campaign against it directly.

Force Z continues it southern retreat around Bangka island (avoiding an IJN sub there) and out to tjilitjap where it will join dutch forces as it transits south to Australia. I debated hitting his landing forces at Kuching with it, but decided it was better to have the implied threat of Force Z then to have carrier air chasing it around.

DEI

The 93rd Bomb Squadron attacked his shipping from Palembang today. I am now transfering them to Calcutta where they will become part of Southeast Asia command, will rest and refit and become part of the the great Chinese strategic air campaign. I had a partial group of P-40s stationed at Tarakan they are now at Singkawang where they will support operations against his landings at Kuching for a day or two before continuing on to burma.

Australia

No change here just supply runs

PM

No Changes

Noumea

No Changes

PI

The retreat continues here as he now has 64 thousand troops in theatre. I have begun to reassmeble my forces in an attempt to defend clark. Ill get more detailed once my PI scouts arrive and set up shop there. My air assets will continue to be withdrawn as I can afford the PPs

Thats it for this day.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 44
RE: 12-9-41 - 11/9/2004 12:59:52 AM   
rroberson

Tough turn for the allies. Lost several bases, a number of ships and Hurricane Xargun continues to pound pearl. Pearl's badly shell shocked CAP got airborne and made little difference as he pounded the port, the airfield, the some cruisers and the repair yard. My ASW forces had a nice turn sinking three of his subs at a loss of no destroyers...including the lowly rated captain of the Crosby. My PT command had a good turn also, attacking a small task group of AKs and PCs off of Legaspi sinking one PC and damaging to AKs pretty heavily. My Swords and Vildebeasts smacked a couple of AKs off the east coast of Malaya, Nagato got hit with a 250lber off Kuching. Sadly USS Houston was the victim of a severe torpedo strike by his mini me carriers and will not make it to port (1st time I have lost her ever). MY brit destroyers out of Hong Kong caught a small merchant group off Cam Rah Bay Im sure they will pay for that next turn. He grabbed Balik, Changsha and Kuanton this turn (and a few other smaller places) all in all not a terrible turn, but not great. Ill hit my plotting next...here is a screenie of pearl for you.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 45
RE: 12-10-41 - 11/9/2004 8:02:19 AM   
rroberson

Okay, I have set my general strategies for turn three.

West Coast

ASW forces remain on station. USS Crosby continues to chase a sub that I reported had been sunk earlier...or perhaps its a second submarine. Air forces are primarily set to ASW work.

Pearl Harbor

The harbor remains closed until hurricane Xargun passes. The 47th Fighter squadron (P-26) was disbanded due to lack of planes (and only 1 pilot)

Wake

The Xargun watch continues.

Alaska

I have ordered the 4th RCT to Dutch Harbor, Xargun has shown his desire to hold Alaskan territory, I would like to slow that down as much as possible.

China

The loss of Changsha was not unexpected. I will pull 1 inf division back to the rail hex and attempt to slow his drive on Hengchow. The other two divisions will fall back to Kweiyang for rest and refit.

Burma

I have rebased the 93rd in Calcutta. It will be many days before their morale recovers enough to join the battle, I will no doubt transfer them to china at that point for the strategic bombing campaign.

Malaya

Malalya is doing quite well I think. He currently has 56K troops on the ground at Kuantan (which did not fall) and Khora Bharu. My air assets remain intact since he hasnt bombed Singapore yet. As long as my airfields remain open I will be sending them against his navy.

Force Z is just west of Batvia having avoided his sub zones. Hopefully I can escape his carrier air and get them to Australia. After that I'm not really sure what to do with them, as long as his mini carriers are in the area...what I would give for a dutch bomber with accuracy.

DEI

Pushing alot of allied shipping around the map trying to escape his bombers...no real strategy on DEI.

Australia

PM

No Changes

Noumea

No Changes

PI

The retreat continues here as he now has 75 thousand troops in theatre. And has seized 6 bases.
Thats it for this day.

< Message edited by rroberson -- 11/9/2004 6:10:59 AM >

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 46
RE: 12-10-41 - 11/9/2004 11:43:32 AM   
Raverdave

Seeing no attack on Wake is like watching out and waiting for a tornado to hit on a dark night..........very very un-nerving.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 47
RE: 12-10-41 - 11/9/2004 8:55:19 PM   
rroberson

Not a lot happening this turn.

He made a fighter sweep over Signapore, they shot up some Buffs, but the lack of bombers in this area is puzzling. I havent seen alot of heavy bombers in the first few days so I wonder where they all are. One of his mini carriers has started bombing Amboina, which means I can expect a landing at there soon. He hit Pearl harbor again, his planes keep flying, but I have to wonder about the morale of his carrier pilots at this point. He also took a poke at that Brit DD force which is now west of Singapore. Not hits, this time. Ground wise he took both Khota Bharu and Kuantan in Malaya.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 48
RE: 12-10-41 - 11/9/2004 8:56:07 PM   
rroberson

Here is what i have lost after 4 days of war.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 49
RE: 12-10-41 - 11/9/2004 9:46:21 PM   
rroberson

Okay, I have set my general strategies for turn four.

West Coast

ASW forces remain on station. USS Smith and two sister destroyers are dealing with a spotted sub off of San Francisco. LCDR Wood 62/62 commanding.

Pearl Harbor

The harbor remains closed until hurricane Xargun passes. The 78th Fighter squadron (P-26) has no planes only pilots as does VMF 211.

Wake

Still a question of when here.

Alaska

TF1041 is roughly half loaded now. I will take a southwestern route to Dutch Harbor which will help me route around submarines in choke points between Anchorage and DH.

China

He bombed Yenen this turn with unescorted Anns. :) With 83K IJA troops there I don't dare move friendly air into the area. I would expect him to make an all out assault on Yenen in the next few days.

Burma

2 Huge transport convoys have arrived at Rangoon and begun to evaculate the oil and fuel. A third one is inbound. These ships are expendable as much as that pains me to say as long as when xargun sinkst them they are heavily laden with fuel and oil. Morale is at 39 for the 93rd BS. R and R continues to be their order of the day.

Malaya

The Singapore AF continues to fly, though this turn they were widly inaccurate. In the next few days I may turn away from naval attacks and try to slow up his advancing hordes on the ground a little. I still dont think he has many troops 82K here yet, so that means more are on the way via the sea.

Force Z is no longer in the Malaya op area.

DEI

Force Z is now northwest of Tiltajap and headed south for Australia.

Withdrawing as much of my air from Borneo as I can this turn. He has bombardment forces in the area of airfields and Id prefer to lose them in the sky then on the ground. i will likely consoldate them all at Soerbaja and use them strategically against oil of Balik until i have to withdraw them further. a contingent of P-40s is now in bankha as the transit north to Burma. Today they will make a fighter sweep of Kuantan. Hopefully that will panic him a bit and force him to move zeros there. I moved both groups of torpedo bombers and a group of demons to Bali, I hope the will take a poke at that mini - carrier ravaging my retreating shipping, again I don't expect hits, just want to make him less over-confident.

Australia

PM

1st load of supplies is on its way out of Sydney about 26K worth. Once I save up a few more PPs I will be investing in Aussie troops for the defense of PM.

Noumea

I'm kicking around sending some submarine commandos with supplies to Guadalcanal. He took it that way last time and it would be nice to contest him somewhat there. We will see.

PI

No real changes here...the troops keep pouring in. I have managed to transfer my big pursuit squadron out, the smaller ones should follow in the coming days.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 50
RE: 12-11-41 - 11/10/2004 7:59:48 PM   
rroberson

Another realitively peaceful (as peaceful as war can get) days has passed. The biggest news is Hurricane Xargun has moved away from Pearl Harbor. I will not be making any large moves there until I am sure he is gone for good. Too often I have begun moving shipping around only to have him pop up again. He finally found my HK Destroyer group and put bombs into two of them. I think Thanet is going to sink before she can reach port. He has moved up significant land base air assets into his newly acquired DEI bases to aid with the interdiction of my fleeing shipping. That was somewhat successful for him for Captains too deep in enemy territory to get out in the first few days. My airpower out of Singapore scored a 500lber hit against one of his AKs, it is likely that it will sink according to him...love those Vildebeasts :)...He took Victoria Point this turn with the IMperial guards.....that is it. Moves to follow.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 51
RE: 12-12-41 - 11/10/2004 8:54:24 PM   
rroberson

Okay, I have set my general strategies for turn five.

West Coast

No IJN subs found this turn, I have begun to load supplies for PH in all 3 major west coast ports. They will take the southern route around his sub zone.

Pearl Harbor

Remains pretty shot up. I have shut down all fighters and bombers, (not like they could do anything if he came back) for morale boosting training. I will continue my ASW patrols as always (a sub found I just cant get to him until im sure Xargun continues north away from Pearl).

Wake

Sure wish he would take this so it would cut down on my temptation to reinforce it.

Alaska

Ordered a supply convoy to Anchorage to replace all the food and guns the 4th is taking to Dutch Harbor.

China

Nothing major here, he hit troops next to Nanchang with air, I will let him, resisting to urge to activate AVG just yet. I still am gathering airpower for that strategic air campaign.

Burma

I have loaded over 150K in fuel from Rangoon in one of the big transport groups, the second one left port empty for some bizarre reason, so I have ordered them back so they can grab all the oil. The third one is a day away or so. Im sure his Imperial Guards are headed north so I have to get this shipping out of here quickly. TF 1022 is headed for Andaman Island chocked full with the 44th Indian Brigade. In the past he likes to grab the place with sub commandos and set up an airfield to harrass my shipping. This turn it will be a fight. I bombed Bangkok last turn with some martins hitting his manpower and causing 5 fires. I will do that again until the martins tell me (under 50 morale) they need a day off. Not really expecting to do much more then force him to CAP Bangkok.

Malaya

The Singapore AF continues to fly as he still hasnt made a serious attempt at the airfield there. The evacuation of Alor Star should be completed this turn. I am moving up my Dutch Transports to begin to evacuate non-combat personell (base units) and the Aussies once he attacks them. Ideally I would like to move as much of the Brit/aussie stuff to Burma as I can.

DEI

Force Z refueled at Tiljilitjap this turn and is leaving for its run to Broome.

I have consolidated 45 Martins at Soerbaja and are resting them, In the next day or two I will hit Balik with them. I continue to shuttle my P40s through DEI enroute to Burma. The first 3rd of the 24th arrived in Rangoon today. I hope it will be a nice surprise for him when he makes his move int Burma to be facing all the P40s from AVG AND the 24th out of PI.

Australia

Trying to decide where to base my main north Australian defense. Tradition says Darwin, but he usually bombs the hell out of that maybe west at Derby or Wyndom

PM

I need to save some PPs and start converting Aussie troops for the defense of this place. Just a few more squads to evac from PI.

Noumea

Im going to send the commandos to Guadalcanal, with some supplies. Not a bunch just enough to contest the place. They will depart from Pearl as soon as i can assemble enough submarines for the Op.

PI

The 34th flew out of Manilla today (P-35s), other then that not much different there.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 52
RE: 12-12-41 - 11/10/2004 10:42:54 PM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

Pearl Harbor

Remains pretty shot up. I have shut down all fighters and bombers, (not like they could do anything if he came back) for morale boosting training. I will continue my ASW patrols as always (a sub found I just cant get to him until im sure Xargun continues north away from Pearl).

I'd crate a few fighter groups onto Ak's and ship them to the surrounding islands that have some AV support on them. Pearl may be down for quite a while while the port and airfield facilities tie up your engineers full attention and if the Xargunites return they'd get a nasty surprise if your air cover had recouped in time to help. He probably expects no air opposition for a good two weeks; you'd have fighter cover in two days this way.

Jim

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 53
RE: 12-12-41 - 11/10/2004 10:48:35 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

quote:

Pearl Harbor

I'd crate a few fighter groups onto Ak's and ship them to the surrounding islands that have some AV support on them. Pearl may be down for quite a while while the port and airfield facilities tie up your engineers full attention and if the Xargunites return they'd get a nasty surprise if your air cover had recouped in time to help. He probably expects no air opposition for a good two weeks; you'd have fighter cover in two days this way.

Jim

Good idea, I will see what i can scrounge up, most of the aircrews on pearl are shot morale-wise but there are some on the west coast it will just take time to get to them.

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 54
RE: 12-12-41 - 11/11/2004 12:44:49 AM   
rroberson

A dull day (thankfully) he beat up some fleeing service ships (AKs and the like) passing through hell's highway in DEI. Beyond that, the only semi major thing he did was a stepped up air campaign by him in Malaya....including a night raid of Singapore by Anns.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 55
RE: 12-12-41 - 11/11/2004 8:06:26 PM   
rroberson

Okay, I have set my general strategies for turn six.

West Coast

No IJN subs are currently appearing. No doubt there are many about, but my aggressive ASW is keeping them on the move, I hope.

Pearl Harbor

I have transfered teh 58th Bomb Squadron (A-20s) to Midway. With just PBys currently sitting there Midway is wide open for invasion and not really alot I can do about it but provide him throats to cut. If I was him, I would invade there now before I have time to fortify it, instead of lonely Wake Island. TF 1041 out of Pearl Harbor will transport them and the 24th to Midway as the first steps of defending the island. I hope with KB refueling in the north I have a day or two of relative security from his deathstar carrier group to make this move. TF1041 has a heavy destroyer escort (8 DDs) to deal with the sub threat around pearl. I am routing the Task Force south which I hope will throw off my intentions to reinforce Midway as they pass the Johnston Island area I will turn them west.

Wake

Sure wish he would take this so it would cut down on my temptation to reinforce it.

Alaska

The TF bearing the 4th RCT is now about 3 days away from Dutch Harbor.

China

I have ordered the 70th and 78th Chinese Corp to make a deliberate attack on a lone Japanese unit that has entered Ichang.

Burma

My 1st big group of Merchants has departed Rangoon with 191K of fuel, I will send them to the main British base at Trimcomalee. Even if they are the only successful group this operation has been widely successful already denying Xargun valuable fuel. My second group is loading oil and the third one is grabbing the rest of the fuel. I noticed that he now has a unit south of Tavoy so the battle for Burma has begun. I have moved the 1st 3rd of the 24th Pursuit to Mandalay. I believe that is where I will base them for the coming campaign unless I decide to move them into China. In something very confusing to me, my 93rd bombing squadron (B-17) now based in Calcutta is falling apart operationally. There morale going up yet the available air units are going down. I arrived 2 or 3 days ago with 12 working B-17s. I now have 2. Its a size 4 airbase and I think I am just under the required air support necessary. But not by much. Their Headquarters is SE Asia. Just one more irritating thing about this game. I will start rebase them soon so I can get a few back in working order.

Malaya

The Singapore AF continues to fly as he still hasnt made a serious attempt at the airfield there. The evacuation of Alor Star should be completed this turn. I am moving up my Dutch Transports to begin to evacuate non-combat personell (base units) and the Aussies once he attacks them. Ideally I would like to move as much of the Brit/aussie stuff to Burma as I can.

DEI

Force Z is running to Broome.

This area remains a click fest moving fleeing ships out of DEI and away from his naval air. I did set up my city bombing of Balik this turn. I have one group of low morale martins, reconing the place and the rest set to bomb. No doubt it will be delayed a day but after that I hope to see alot of burning oil.

Australia

Most of my shipping is headed to Broome that may become my main aussie base by default since he has a mini carrier in a blocking position north of Timor.
PM

nothing new

Noumea

Nothing new

PI

Nothing new.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 56
RE: 12-13-41 - 11/11/2004 11:11:49 PM   
rroberson

A bit busier day. Major (as far as the war to date) dust up along my escape route south of Borneo. A big transport group including several Minesweepers ran into four Xarg destroyers. I got the best of them heavily damaging one of his destroyers while suffering light damage to a sub tender. My Martins did fly this turn and hit Balik causing 5 oil damage. No doubt that will force him to add more CAP over the area which was my goal, I will probably rebase them and hit a different target in a couple of days depending on their morale state. My attack at Ichang failed, he took Alor Star and Hong Kong this turn. Im off to work on the next turn.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 57
RE: 12-13-41 - 11/12/2004 2:21:08 AM   
wobbly

Keep those flyboys on the move Admiral. If Xargun is cut from the same vicous and evil cloth PzB is, you will have visitors at the airbase in no time!

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 58
RE: 12-14-41 - 11/12/2004 2:33:38 AM   
rroberson

Okay, I have set my general strategies for turn seven.

West Coast

No IJN subs are currently appearing.

Pearl Harbor

No major changes here just repairs going on. TF 1041 inexpicable turned west to Midway (including listing that as the final destination) So I returned them south again. (I always give my merchant groups the destination as their home port no idea why they turned that direction).

Wake

Sigh.

Alaska

The TF bearing the 4th RCT is now about 2 days away from Dutch Harbor.

China

No major changes here, I have gone back on the defense at Ichang.

Burma

My second tranport task force has departed the pier with about 3000 oil and 700 resources. My third group is loading all the supplies and more of the fuel I am now evacuating all the air units out of Rangoon the remaining troops will fall back in the next couple of days. Once this is done I will also evac Moulmein.

Malaya

The Singapore AF continues to fly on harrassment duties. I have begun to slowly draw my forces back to singapore.

DEI

My air raid on Balik worked well, no doubt there will be lots of CAP there today. I have stood down all the Martins (except some recon) and will hit him again in a day or two.

Australia

nothing new

PM

nothing new

Noumea

Nothing new

PI

Nothing new.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 59
RE: 12-14-41 - 11/16/2004 12:35:25 AM   
rroberson

Sorry for the delay, football season slows me down.

Today he hammered alot of my merchants into the waves with surface and air forces (he has them set in perfect blocking positions) I always try to escape with as many as I can, but frankly, I considering anything that starts the game in the PI a loss...so...

He also attempted a paradrop landing in Kweiyang...my forces there fought him off, with several 1000 chinese in route, im not worried about him taking and holding it for longer then a week...other then that...another quiet turn.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: commitment criterea Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI