Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: CTDs in the South Pacific

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> RE: CTDs in the South Pacific Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CTDs in the South Pacific - 12/16/2004 9:43:09 PM   
rtrapasso

Could this could have something to do with the Leader Bug(s)? Someone using the back button?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 31
RE: CTDs in the South Pacific - 12/16/2004 9:51:39 PM   
Mr.Frag

Nope, unrelated. The back will crash you quick enough that you'll not have to deal with leader problems. It only happens through the (I)nfo, ship availability stuff from everything we have been able to pin down.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 32
RE: CTDs in the South Pacific - 12/17/2004 1:31:37 AM   
witpqs

Under 1.21 I was able to reproduce this bug:

Load the save game.
Press 'i' for the intel screen.
Press 'esc' key.

Crashed every time you tried to use the escape key on the intel panel regardless of the key sequence, until you ran a turn. After running a turn it was okay.

This went away in 1.3 and I also don't see it in 1.4.

Not sure if this will help track it down but it's all I got...

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 33
RE: CTDs in the South Pacific - 12/17/2004 5:39:34 AM   
jcjordan

Well got a new CTD myself. It happens at the point I save the game & I think it has saved the game ( at least I hope it has saved all the info & nothing is getting lost). It's not really repeatable unless you want to run a few turns saving each turn as you go as it seems to happen after a few turns of starting a session. It's a game started under 1.3 patched to 1.4 with some of the art file mods from Spooky's site if that may have anything to do with it. I have sound turned off but I didn't seem to have any sound problems at all from the original version like some did. Since it's not repeatable unless you play a few turns saving each turn after issuing orders & such, Frag would you be interested in it? If it is saving all info before crashing I can deal with it but if I'm losing info, that would be a bugger for me Any other things I could check for on pc would help me figure out any probs with pc conflicting as I've had no other CTD errors with any other ver.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 34
RE: CTDs in the South Pacific - 12/17/2004 5:53:12 AM   
pasternakski

I think I had exactly what you are describing today. V. 1.30 game patched to v. 1.40, after saving game, tried to exit back to game. Huge crash (hard freezeup, even XP task manager couldn't handle it). Had to hard reboot. As you say, I have no save game from which to duplicate this, because I rebooted, reloaded the saved game, and haven't seen it again since.

I'll be on the lookout. I'd hate to see this game become unstable on top of everything else.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 35
RE: CTDs in the South Pacific - 12/17/2004 4:52:17 PM   
kayjay

I also have had this problem - I reproted it in another thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=762417
with screen capture
also Windows XP

Kevin Kelley

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 36
RE: CTDs in the South Pacific - 12/18/2004 4:12:36 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

The workaround is no Back buttons when in the Info Panel.

Mr. Frag,

Updating my earlier post, I have now run into this problem. I was unable to reproduce it, but here is how it happened.
1) Checked on Karachi then Sydney for new arrivals.
2) Checked west coast, had lots of new arrivals
3) At SF, built a lot of small AP TF's each loading 1 LCU.
4) Went looking at sunk ships in Intel screen, filtered out all and added CV's.
5) Hit the ESCAPE key - had CTD.

I have always (under v1.21 except for this instance under 1.4) seen this crash using the ESC key. I almost always use it instead of the 'Back' button.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> RE: CTDs in the South Pacific Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI