Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gates of Troy Review

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War >> Gates of Troy Review Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gates of Troy Review - 1/6/2005 5:09:26 AM   
JosephL

The fellows down at Cosmos Gaming were kind enough to review Gates of Troy. Here are some highlights from the review:

While I wouldn't mean to slam a reviewer, and the score was not so bad, here are some "Funny" outtakes from this review. Keep in mind not every review can be stellar, but occassionally a review will be very, very, funny for a variety of reasons.

quote:

Some of the things that weren’t historically accurate were kind of weird though, more specifically the fact that one of the factions is the Lesbians. I’d research it to make sure if it was real or not, but I think there’s a bit too much sifting to be done.

I suppose someone should inform our reviewer of the island of Lesbos, last I heard most famous for poetry (Sappho). Literature class in highschool FINALLY paid off!

quote:

Gates of Troy puts you in the shoes, and the aforementioned crotch straps, of the powerful Grecians.

While this line its self is very funny, the fact that the word "aforementioned" is used in the first sentence made me chuckle.

Even in this mediocre review, I am happy to say Gates of Troy scores an 8 out of 10 in both Gameplay and Replay Value, the two fields I think a game should score highest in.

I appreciate the work done by Cosmos Gaming and I really hope that this review has given everyone a chance to smile. I'd like to make sure everyone is aware that this is post is not a cheap shot at Cosmos Gaming, as I honestly DO enjoy reading their reviews and the site owner is a personal friend of mine. The review carried too many things in it that were simply too funny to pass up!

You can read the full review at http://www.cosmosgaming.com/reviewpc.php?subaction=showfull&id=1103549159&archive=&start_from=&ucat=8&

Sincerely,
Joseph Lieberman
PR and Marketing Manager

< Message edited by JosephL -- 1/6/2005 3:19:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 1/6/2005 3:17:49 PM   
Marc von Martial

ROFLMAO !

(in reply to JosephL)
Post #: 2
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 1/6/2005 7:07:56 PM   
IainMcNeil

Sigh...

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 1/6/2005 9:17:22 PM   
Hard Sarge

Just love reviewers at times, what is he complaining about the music in the game, if he wants to hear rap music while playing a Greek war game, that is up to him ?

I remember one reviewer complaing about a called about Normaday, it is a good game, but you can't land anywhere else, if you want to land in Norway or Southern France, you are going to have to wait for another game to come out ? , ahh, it was a game about Normaday, not about landing where you want ?

oh well, Troy is still a great game, very happy to of bought it

HARD_Sarge

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 1/8/2005 7:30:25 PM   
Steely Glint

Bad things happen in reviews when the reviewer doesn't have a sufficient historical background to understand the context of the game he's reviewing.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 1/9/2005 2:49:58 AM   
SlapBone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

Bad things happen in reviews when the reviewer doesn't have a sufficient historical background to understand the context of the game he's reviewing.

Or the aformentioned grammatical background.

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 6
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 1/9/2005 6:09:11 PM   
Hartford688

Very worrying following the legal problems Ubi/1C Maddox have had. I see near the end Gates of Troy is an illegal substance. Slitherine/Matrix had better watch out.

The review otherwise does its job, but not preferably well....

< Message edited by Hartford688 -- 1/9/2005 5:09:21 PM >

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 7
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 1/9/2005 11:35:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Everyone please note that there are also other review links in the pinned review thread that do a better job of covering the game, despite the humor value in this new article.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hartford688)
Post #: 8
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 5/5/2005 6:53:48 AM   
Chris SI

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Sigh...
Hey Iain, been awhile.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 9
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 5/5/2005 12:20:27 PM   
IainMcNeil

Hi Chris, I still send you guys all our press releases, so let me know if you're not getting them!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Chris SI)
Post #: 10
RE: Gates of Troy Review - 5/5/2005 2:18:29 PM   
Chris SI

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi Chris, I still send you guys all our press releases, so let me know if you're not getting them!

I haven't been seeing them, I sure would like too though, now promoted, not just head reviewer, I'm also PR director of SI.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War >> Gates of Troy Review Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI