Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forgotten Move Orders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> Forgotten Move Orders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forgotten Move Orders - 3/3/2005 1:39:48 AM   
Cpt. Canuck

I tend to issue issue orders to groups of units, usually a whole company at a time in a vain attempt to keep my radio traffic down. I will issue the orders and then move/delay the waypoints like I want them to make sure the HQs don't lead the way.

I have noticed some of the times, one or more of the units will not move and the ETA doesn't change. In fact I have had them report an ETA of 1254 when the game clock is reading 1400. To get them to move I must renew the orders to that individual unit.

These units are not necessarily being fired upon or in an enemy LOS.

so I am not sure if the bug is with me or with the game. Can anyone offer an explanation?

Post #: 1
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 3/3/2005 1:55:41 AM   
Poliorcetes

Its happened to me, I already bugged it. It took 3 or 4 turns of repeated orders to finally get the unit moving again.
For me it was a reinforcement tank group in one of the USA vs WP scenarios on PBEM.

Poliorcetes

(in reply to Cpt. Canuck)
Post #: 2
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 3/9/2005 6:02:31 AM   
IronManBeta

I'm working on this one right now and it is very frustrating! It has come up in the past and we really thought we had nailed it. Some of the game mechanics are programmed in directly and are cast in stone. Others emerge from the interplay of the first group and are devishly hard to change until you can figure out just what exactly has emerged!

If you have any saved games that illustrate this behaviour it might be a big help to me to see them.

Thanks, Rob

(in reply to Poliorcetes)
Post #: 3
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 4/3/2005 10:57:17 PM   
Poliorcetes

Here's another example of this from WP side. You can see multiple WP units with destination times past due.

Poliorcetes

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 4
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 4/3/2005 11:21:06 PM   
Poliorcetes

Well I can't get Post reply or Reply to work (again, I hate this Forum software, I'm lucky if 50% of my messages ever get through to the board)

Email me if you want the save game and log.

Poliorcete@aol.com

Post #: 5
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 4/4/2005 5:33:49 AM   
IronManBeta

Odd how that feature comes and goes. Don't worry though because I believe I have fixed this problem now. The final, final, final 1.02 build just went up for testing 20 minutes ago so it should be out barring a catastrophe in a very short time. Sorry it took so long - testing takes forever and then when a change is made the testing starts all over again.

Post #: 6
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 5/8/2005 12:11:16 AM   
Poliorcetes

I have this problem again as Nato in the Ardennes game in PBEM. I can't get anything on the board to work other than fast reply or I'd post the game.

(in reply to Cpt. Canuck)
Post #: 7
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 5/8/2005 12:14:33 AM   
Poliorcetes

ahh, here we go, now its working through AOL.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 5/20/2005 5:35:42 AM   
IronManBeta

I missed these last 2 posts but I have them now and will take a look at the saved game. They really, really help me to sort things out quickly 90% of the time.

Thanks, Rob.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poliorcetes

ahh, here we go, now its working through AOL.

Post #: 9
RE: Forgotten Move Orders - 6/7/2005 12:44:10 AM   
Poliorcetes

do you need more examples? I have a game where the artillery barrage times are all messed up. I ordered the artillery barrage last turn, but this turn it shows the units to be "Counter battery" status but with attack times listed that are an hour or so in the past (1700 and its 1930 now).

Poliorcetes

Attachment (1)

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> Forgotten Move Orders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI