Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playable on Windows 2000 &XP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Playable on Windows 2000 &XP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playable on Windows 2000 &XP - 2/2/2002 12:52:00 AM   
BSpeed

Before I purchase this game I was wondering if it is playable on Windows 2000 NT ?
Thanks Bob Speed

Post #: 1
- 2/2/2002 2:56:00 AM   
Vaaish

It runs fine on XP Pro, but I upgraded before I tried it on 2k.

-Vaaish

(in reply to BSpeed)
Post #: 2
- 2/2/2002 3:50:00 AM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

I personally, haven't tried it on 2000 NT, but I know that the shareware version ran okay. The only problem anyone ever had was that they didn't have a sound card on their NT box and that caused problems. I believe that I fixed that on Divided Galaxies although not yet on the shareware version. Do you have a sound card?

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to BSpeed)
Post #: 3
- 2/2/2002 11:38:00 PM   
Moles Belli

The game(STUN: DG) works for me on WIN2000, but I had to make a virtual CD using cloneCD and Virtual Daemon V3.0 to get it to run. I don't have the same problem running it on the same hardware with ME. But I hate ME, so no go. I had the same problem with Empire Earth and Diablo 2. Both worked with ME, but stopped working with 2000 even though it was the same system, just a new OS. Could someone recommend a DVD-rom or CD-rom that will work with STUN: DG and WIN2000? [ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: Moles Belli ]

(in reply to BSpeed)
Post #: 4
- 2/3/2002 10:57:00 AM   
Erik Rutins

STUN DG works fine on Win2k SP2 with a Lite-On LTN486 48x drive for me. I know we tested it on some other Win2k configurations, but I'm not sure at this time what their specs were. Regards, - Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to BSpeed)
Post #: 5
- 2/3/2002 12:37:00 PM   
RepoMan

Works great on my Win2K SP2 box.

(in reply to BSpeed)
Post #: 6
- 2/3/2002 3:29:00 PM   
Moles Belli

My Win2000 system has SP2, in fact I would say it is close to SP2.5 with so many hot fixes on it. I should tell you that the drive I'm using is a cheap $(US)20 drive I got from compusa after my good drive died about 3 months ago. My old drive worked fine with 2000 and Diablo 2 so I'm sure my new cheap drive just can't handle 2000 and the safedisc/secrom software. I'm trying to make sure my next drive will work with the current games I have, and hopefully with future games that I buy. Thanks for the help.

(in reply to BSpeed)
Post #: 7
- 2/3/2002 3:41:00 PM   
Moles Belli

Sorry for the second post, but maybe one of the WIN2000 experts could explain why 2000 is more picky than 98se/ME with CD-ROMs and safedisc/sec/etc? I have a very plain setup:
SP2 + about 15 or more Hotfixes
GeForce 2 GTS yada yada
SB Live! (love the "!")
P4 1.7ghz (Don't laugh)
256 RDram (stop snickering!)
Intel D850GBAL motherboard with latest drivers and Bios. All of which was had for under $900us last April, so no laughing out there you AMD fans Crappy CD-Rom, right?

(in reply to BSpeed)
Post #: 8
- 2/3/2002 6:54:00 PM   
Marc von Martial

Moles, check during booting up your PC if the CD/DVD Drive(s) are properly recognized by the BIOS. I had and still have this problem occasionally with W2k and WinXP. A reboot works the error out.
I´m running a Panasonic DVD and a TEAC CD Drive on an ABIT KT7a Motherboard (formerly an ABIT BE6). Switching CD drives with those of my friends didn´t help, so it is a BIOS and/or OS problem. I don´t think it´s a problem with SUDG . Btw, SUDG runs like a charm on both W2k and Win XP OS´s.

(in reply to BSpeed)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Playable on Windows 2000 &XP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI