Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More on crippled ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> More on crippled ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More on crippled ships - 2/28/2002 11:12:00 AM   
BP

Okay, I had the problem before where I beat some ships in combat, ended up killing their crews but then the battle ended - I couldn't target the non-crewed ships (no assault pods) - dang! So, later in the same game I now have a ship with assault pods and find a ship, crewless, in a system and STILL can't target it. WTF? If I want to destroy the buggers or even better, pilot the ship home as a prize why can't I? Once again, I think there should be a mission "target xxx ship"...

Post #: 1
- 2/28/2002 11:24:00 AM   
BP

I ended up patrolling the system FOREVER until my ship with assault pods came close enough to the derelict that I finally got a mission choice "rescue xxx ship". Thank God, it took long enough.

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 2
- 3/29/2002 5:31:41 PM   
Raife

Crippled ships are tricky. Sometimes I'll want to rescue an allied ship, but the 'rescue' order always returns it to one of my planets. :x

I have to manually route the rescuing ship to an ally's world, manually re-engage the tractor beam, and hope it doesn't cut out before I get there (about 50-50). You have to watch it like a hawk because if it does cut out, you need to head directly back to the system you came from, stop when you approach the ship (at high speeds in the middle of nowhere, heh), and re-finagle the rescue.

Ultimately, the ship will come to life as soon as it crosses the threshold of the ally's planet and re-crews.

I've done this maybe four or five times, and it's rough going. It's worth it to me, though. Especially when I see that ship out patrolling, or joining in an assault.

It would be tres cool if things were tweaked to allow for allied rescue orders.

I tend to try to just be allies until I'm forced to form a federation... either by finding new races, or an impending brutal war. Heh, I've got enough problems running my worlds/ships not to have to worry about a bunch of new ones.

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> More on crippled ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI