Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PMEM or not?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> RE: PMEM or not? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PMEM or not? - 5/14/2005 12:38:25 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: donkuchi

People need to understand that the customer isn't always right. Sometimes the customer is an idiot. I was at a restaurant today and a customer started complaining that he was allergic to something that was in the food that he ordered. It was right in the description of the item on the menu. He didn't specify this when he ordered it and then had the nerve to complain about it. (I saw the whole transaction) The waitress isn't a psychic and had no way of knowing. My point is, if it has what you want, buy it. If it doesn't don't slam it, just don't buy it. Vote with your dollars (or whatever other currency you have) and be civil about it. You also don't have to beat a dead horse. They said they were looking into it, give them a chance. They can't change everything in one day because one person wants a new feature.

BRAVO,

An experience I had last week in Rome. An italian customer refused to pay for a meal (at the table next too me) cause he ordered "Spaghetti a la Carbonara" the jerk (an italian, who should know his stuff btw) complained about the fact that the meal had "parmesan cheese" on it !!!! He complaint about "parmesan" on "Spaghetti a la Carbonara", that´s almost like complaining about round wheels on a car !

Marc, as much as I agree with you and donkuchi (and, working in publishing myself, I cetainly do!) I must add that real carbonara:

a) Does not involve parmesan by default (one of the rare ways of preparing pasta that is not usually consumed with parmesan)
b) In proper Italian restaurants, waiter will not "force" parmesan on your dish even if serving a pasta that usually goes with it, he will give you parmesan in separate "box" (for lack of better word) and let you apply it yourself

Now, my reasons for resurrecting this thread are not gastronomic but I will ask my game related questions in separate post

Oleg

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 61
RE: PMEM or not? - 5/14/2005 12:44:09 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

Okay, reading thru recent "will there be demo" thread, and this one, I STILL do not understand some details (I may be stupid or dense) re multiplayer and PBEM.

What I managed to gather is:

a) Strategic part will be playable by PBEM, tac battles will be auto-resolved in PBEM
b) Tactical battles will be playable by TCP/IP direct play
c) BOTH parts will be turn based

OK... now... here's my question: will there be multiplayer mode (PBEM or TCP/IP I don't care) that will involve BOTH strategic and turn based portions of the game? Thanks.

Direct play or PBEM I don't care, for as long as I would be able to play proper game (strat and tac part in the campaign) vs human or, even better, humanS. Hopefully this will be possible. Thanks.

O.

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 62
RE: PMEM or not? - 5/15/2005 2:40:18 AM   
Mr. Z

quote:

OK... now... here's my question: will there be multiplayer mode (PBEM or TCP/IP I don't care) that will involve BOTH strategic and turn based portions of the game? Thanks.

Yes, TCP/IP will allow for both, just as in single-player mode.

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 63
RE: PMEM or not? - 5/15/2005 3:28:02 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

Ah great. Mr. Z are you some "official person" involved with this game, or just an observant passer by?

O.

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> RE: PMEM or not? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI