Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

hELP ME AVOID THE SEARCH OF THE MANUAL

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> hELP ME AVOID THE SEARCH OF THE MANUAL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
hELP ME AVOID THE SEARCH OF THE MANUAL - 4/3/2005 8:37:23 PM   
teck

OK HOW DO I DEAL WITH UNITS THAT WHEN GIVEN ORDERS SAY NEED TWO COMMANDS OR REFUSED TO DO ANYTHING AND THEY ARE NOT ROUTED OR RETREAT.
Post #: 1
RE: hELP ME AVOID THE SEARCH OF THE MANUAL - 4/3/2005 8:48:26 PM   
Goblin

Turn off Command and Control.

Goblin

(in reply to teck)
Post #: 2
RE: hELP ME AVOID THE SEARCH OF THE MANUAL - 4/4/2005 3:16:26 AM   
steelpanther

Command and Control in the preference menu can be changed to off. Or you could just wait and let your commanding unit gain command points. Command and Control makes you change your deployments a little. No longer do you want your commanding platoon to lead the charge but to stay back about 100yrds (2 or 3 hexes) so they don't get suppressed as easily or they can not command their sub-units.

Do not die for your country, let the other suckers die for thiers!

(in reply to teck)
Post #: 3
RE: hELP ME AVOID THE SEARCH OF THE MANUAL - 4/4/2005 4:54:32 AM   
KG Erwin

C & C is one of those features, like rarity restrictions, that don't work very well in practice. Don't bother with either one, and you'll still have plenty of things either in vs human or vs AI play to keep you occupied.

As for another feature, called auto rally, I don't completely trust it. At the beginning of each turn, I look at the unit list and manually reduce suppression. The "rally" phase isn't listed as a part of your game turn, but it should be handled manually, before any units are moved. If you really want to get picky on this, reduce the platoon HQs' suppression first, and then cycle thru the squads. This can be time-consuming itself, so worrying about C & C isn't worth it. You, as the human commander, will have plenty to do to keep your troops together as a cohesive force.

(in reply to steelpanther)
Post #: 4
RE: hELP ME AVOID THE SEARCH OF THE MANUAL - 4/4/2005 8:24:39 AM   
KNomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
I look at the unit list and manually reduce suppression. The "rally" phase isn't listed as a part of your game turn, but it should be handled manually, before any units are moved.

If you really want to get picky on this, reduce the platoon HQs' suppression first, and then cycle thru the squads.

First the A0 HQ unit, then Company CO's, then Platoon CO's, and finally your most suppressed/most needed units.

Think twice before rallying a unit with 10 or less suppression, rally the more supressed units at this time.

Try not to use all your rally rolls at this time either - being able to rally during your turn is an immense boon to your fighting ability.

The gnome zaps a wand of death. (Nethack)
Don't get hurt! (XCOM: Apocolypse)
Incoming firepower has the Right of Way!
Fire at Will (or Wesley)!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> hELP ME AVOID THE SEARCH OF THE MANUAL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI