Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

We still have heroes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> We still have heroes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
We still have heroes - 4/7/2005 6:07:51 PM   
Wild Bill

The day of "heroes" is not over. Thanks to Rory "Steeler" Gallagher for sharing this with me, the awarding of the 1st Congressional Medal of Honor given in the war in Iraq, posthumously to Sgt. Paul R. Smith.

Only God knows how many others there are that we will never know about in this life. Its worth your time. It makes the conflict in Iraq very real!

www.army.mil/MedalOfHonor/citation/index.html

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
RE: We still have heroes - 4/7/2005 6:35:52 PM   
Dragoon 45

WB, There are three others working their way through the maze that I know of. There is a Marine 1st Sgt who badly wounded himself defended a group of wounded Marines with mainly his pistol for a lengthy period of time. There is an Air Force Para Rescue Medic being pushed for the MoH for his actions in Afghanistan during the Battle of Roberts Ridge as they are now calling it. Also a Navy Seal is under consideration for actions during that same battle. Only the Marine 1st Sgt survived. This war is very different from previous ones. Heroic actions now can be viewed and recorded via UAV's in some cases which makes awarding Medals for Bravery easier. With actual footage of the events in question, besides the normal witness statements, evaluations for the awards are easier to do in a lot of cases.

Artillery always has the Right of Way

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
RE: We still have heroes - 4/7/2005 6:40:47 PM   
Wild Bill

Thank you, Dragoon. I appreciate the update. I was not aware of any of these men and their actions. True heroes, all!

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Dragoon 45)
Post #: 3
RE: We still have heroes - 4/7/2005 8:01:08 PM   
Dragoon 45

In the case of the Marine 1st Sgt, I just posted another thread about Marine Recruiting Posters. He is the wounded Marine being helped out of a building in the first poster.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

Thank you, Dragoon. I appreciate the update. I was not aware of any of these men and their actions. True heroes, all!

WB

Artillery always has the Right of Way

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> We still have heroes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI