Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

question of AI helicopter use

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> question of AI helicopter use Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
question of AI helicopter use - 4/8/2005 2:06:19 AM   
chillydigits63

I am playing clash of titans on version 1.02 and after getting a NATO victory I noticed that the AI soviet player hadn't used the hind helicopters in the after game view they were still stacked against the map edge. I thought I had read that this was fixed in 1.02.
Post #: 1
RE: question of AI helicopter use - 4/8/2005 3:57:39 AM   
CapnDarwin

The AI is still fairly reserved in its use of Helo and Air units. I think Rob is looking to tweak that more in 103/104. I personally have seen the AI do more with those units in 102, but probably a bit too timid still.

Also have to say WOW another central Ohioian and the second one from Mt. Vernon. I'm just south a ways in Newark.

S!

Cap'n D

(in reply to chillydigits63)
Post #: 2
RE: question of AI helicopter use - 4/8/2005 1:58:40 PM   
chillydigits63

cap'n d, thanks for answering my question. I have played SP and SPWAW,This is my first foray into war games and I am finding it addictive. Hopefully this weekend I can figure out unit stacking and moving units as groups. I do have a new question I was playing the scenerio where you attack the soviet supply depot, and during the set up screen I could see the soviet minefields and then once the game started they were invisible? is this something odd with the game? Or do I have a preference set wrong? I am playing with the preference set for hidden AI units...

Chilly
PS- My job as a refrigeration tech takes to to the evil empire (wal-mart) lol in newark and heath about every week

Duct tape is like the force, It has a light side, It has a dark side, and it holds the universe together

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: question of AI helicopter use - 4/17/2005 5:01:08 AM   
IronManBeta

Yes, the AI is quite conservative with the helicopters, air strikes and sp anti-tank units. The infantry and tank units it spends like water but it is tight with the rest since it tries to keep them back as the ultimate reserve. In the right circumstances they will be used but they may not always be triggered.

I am continuing to work on it and developing new rules. The trick of course is to introduce new and interesting behaviour without breaking what is already there. That is easier said than done!

Cheers, Rob

Edit: Thanks also for the mention about the minefields. I'll double-check that.

< Message edited by RobertCrandall -- 4/17/2005 5:03:59 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: question of AI helicopter use - 4/17/2005 6:07:22 PM   
IronManBeta

quote:

ORIGINAL: chillydigits63

I do have a new question I was playing the scenerio where you attack the soviet supply depot, and during the set up screen I could see the soviet minefields and then once the game started they were invisible? is this something odd with the game? Or do I have a preference set wrong? I am playing with the preference set for hidden AI units...

I'm having trouble reproducing this quickly. What exact scenario was it? You were playing NATO and saw Soviet minefields during the setup?

Thanks, Rob.

Post #: 5
RE: question of AI helicopter use - 4/17/2005 7:00:30 PM   
CapnDarwin

Rob,

It is Bread and Butter. And yes, I get the same thing during unit placement as NATO. I see the Russian minefield until I hit the button to go to orders.

I also had the game hang/freeze at start the first time. It is those dang Thumb.DB files. Once I deleted it and restarted all was fine. You may need to have those folders flushed out (delete all files) then process the Briefings.

S!

Cap'n D

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> question of AI helicopter use Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI