Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Video Problems with supported card.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Tech Support >> Video Problems with supported card. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Video Problems with supported card. - 4/27/2005 6:16:27 AM   
offbase

I'm having big problems video wise, even though I'm running an HP Pavilion zv5405us with an AMD 64 chip, 500+ mg RAM, Win XP, and a NVidia GoForce 440 card with 64 mg of dedicated memory (one month old, no problems wth any other game, including Alexander, Gates of Troy and WaW) -- the mouse/cursor is out of sync, and attacking opponents on their second move turn into indiscernable "squares" that block out everything visually. I meet the video card requirement, and far exceed all other requirements ... what gives??? I'm a bit po'd over having to download a file, and run a utility every time I try to run the game, only to be unable to play it, because, believe me, the video, even if you can deal with the mouse problems, not only makes the units merge together, but makes them nothing but squares of indiscernable shapes within it, blocking out sight of my units in front of it, too. Is this a problem related to the Direct X utility I downloade on the other thread? PLEASE H E L P ! ! !
Post #: 1
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 4/27/2005 6:18:19 AM   
Erik Rutins

Offbase,

What utility are you having to run each time you load the game? As far as I know, there's no such requirement.

Please post a DxDiag file for us and we'll do our best to help you out.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to offbase)
Post #: 2
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 4/27/2005 7:14:03 AM   
GreenDestiny

I have the same kind of card, and it works alright on my computer. Maybe your using an old video driver.

(in reply to offbase)
Post #: 3
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 4/27/2005 7:18:29 AM   
offbase

I apologize for miscontruing what pops up before the game runs as a "utility". It is actually a set up screen for Direct X displaying the name of the card, memory, and 16/32 bit choice displayed. The driver isn't the problem. It's the newest updated driver I just downloaded a few weeks ago. I'm having a hard time figuring this out. It seems as if the video also sticks in between frames during play, e.g., the "hit" numbers go up one notch, stop for a split second, go up, stop, start, etc. It seems as if it's running slightly "behind". Using normal movement, the mouse hesitates, then goes faster and farther than it should go.

(in reply to offbase)
Post #: 4
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 4/27/2005 2:50:50 PM   
TheWombat_matrixforum

This game does run a bit differently than Alexander, for sure. On my laptop, with a GeForce 440 mobile GPU, Alex runs beautifully. Caesar seems to require more resources (or something) because it runs much slower, and doesn't seem to have the same range of zoom.

(in reply to offbase)
Post #: 5
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 4/27/2005 4:18:25 PM   
koiosworks

quote:

ORIGINAL: offbase

I apologize for miscontruing what pops up before the game runs as a "utility". It is actually a set up screen for Direct X displaying the name of the card, memory, and 16/32 bit choice displayed. The driver isn't the problem. It's the newest updated driver I just downloaded a few weeks ago. I'm having a hard time figuring this out. It seems as if the video also sticks in between frames during play, e.g., the "hit" numbers go up one notch, stop for a split second, go up, stop, start, etc. It seems as if it's running slightly "behind". Using normal movement, the mouse hesitates, then goes faster and farther than it should go.

offbase,

Please mail your dxdiag results to support@matrixgames.com and we can take a look at it.

thanks

(in reply to offbase)
Post #: 6
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 4/28/2005 12:13:34 AM   
GreenDestiny

I just realize this morning that the shadows for the units are white instead of dark. Anyone else getting this?

(in reply to koiosworks)
Post #: 7
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 4/28/2005 5:32:38 AM   
RedMike

I haven't had much time looking over the game yet, but I do notice the mouse/cursor are very slow. Unresponsive I should say. It works alright but sluggishly.

Hannibal ad portas

(in reply to offbase)
Post #: 8
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 4/28/2005 10:38:12 PM   
offbase

quote:

ORIGINAL: koiosworks

quote:

ORIGINAL: offbase

offbase,

Please mail your dxdiag results to support@matrixgames.com and we can take a look at it.

thanks

Thanks. Seems unnecessary, though. I reinstalled with the new installer and the video probs are gone, but the mouse probs remain, and it seems that most users are experiencing that. I ran the dxdiag and everything was perfect, so I doubt any answers would be found there. I'm guessing the initial video probs were directx related but solved by the replacement.

(in reply to koiosworks)
Post #: 9
RE: Video Problems with supported card. - 5/14/2005 12:20:28 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hello,

Koisworks has been working hard on an update to improve performance for those of you suffering from lag issues and also to add a variety of other enhancements. We are interested in getting this beta update out to as many of you as possible who are willing to give us some feedback this weekend on whether it resolves your performance issues or not. This will give you new options for texture quality that allowed me in testing here to get Julius Caesar running lightning-fast on a 32Mb GeForce 2MX video card on a 800MHz processor.

Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com and I will e-mail the update to you. Post in the support forum with your feedback on whether the update helps your performance and whether you experience any problems with it. Thanks!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to offbase)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Tech Support >> Video Problems with supported card. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI