Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

good game, some suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> good game, some suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
good game, some suggestions - 5/5/2005 9:27:23 PM   
Motomouse

The improved screenshots (better terrain than Alexander) made me want this game. While downloading i checked out the miniature links on the koios side, they increased my appetite. And after playing some single battles, i can say i really like this game, especially the board game feeling adds to its attraction for me.

some suggestions

• add an option to increase game speed (message delay etc.)
  • add an intelligent cursor (perhaps like the close combat series)
  • add further titles to the series
Post #: 1
RE: good game, some suggestions - 5/5/2005 10:42:58 PM   
koiosworks

quote:

some suggestions

• add further titles to the series

Thanks for the feedback... I can suggest that you go get Alexander while you wait

< Message edited by koiosworks -- 5/5/2005 10:43:56 PM >

(in reply to Motomouse)
Post #: 2
RE: good game, some suggestions - 5/6/2005 6:01:19 AM   
Catgh_MatrixForum

Since the topic is open, I would like to see movement orders that span across turns. If this were introduced, a penatly would be incurred of some sort to change the order while it is still being executed.

(in reply to koiosworks)
Post #: 3
RE: good game, some suggestions - 6/4/2005 6:59:08 PM   
ervint

I have just started playing this game. So far I like it.

I played 25mm miniatures a looong time ago (still have over 500 figures stashed in the closet). I had early imperial, later imperial and Byzantine roman armies, playing with WRG Ancient rules. So, this is a hoot finding this game.

Here are a couple thoughts. It has been over 15 years, so I apologize if my memory is faulty.

Deployment- This was a major factor. Ancients armies rarely (if ever?) deployed in the field without at least some idea of what their opponent was about. At the tactical level, they could at least see the first few ranks in the distance. This lead to some deployment gambits such as moving unit standards about in an effort to confuse the enemy (who might be counting standards).

If I recall correctly, WRG Ancients did force blind deployment -unless- one side was outscouted, in which case the outscouted army had to deploy it's forward units. This is not the ideal solution, but did give some advantage to the side with the most cavalry, etc.

Orders- it looks like there is too much control over each individual unit. Command and control in the ancient world was not that good. If possible, it would be nice to give wing commanders some general order (such as Defend, Feint, Advance, etc). Then limit the players orders in the battle based on the general order given at the beginning.

Not sure what the scale is here, looks like 3 units per legion? How about the option of moving the legion as a whole, instead of having to click on each segment of the legion?

Keep up the good work.

(in reply to Catgh_MatrixForum)
Post #: 4
RE: good game, some suggestions - 6/5/2005 6:20:21 AM   
Zap

ervint, first of all welcome, good first post.

(in reply to ervint)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> good game, some suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI