Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best EIA Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Best EIA Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best EIA Games - 5/12/2005 6:21:52 AM   
ktotwf

Man, these boards are too quiet, and as the games release approaches, I guess, I get more excited.

What were your best and most fun EIA games? Don't be afraid to go into details.
Post #: 1
RE: Best EIA Games - 5/12/2005 6:25:42 AM   
Reverberate

quote:

ORIGINAL: ktotwf
What were your best and most fun EIA games? Don't be afraid to go into details.

Still waiting to for my best EIA game.

And waiting....and waiting......and waiting.......

(in reply to ktotwf)
Post #: 2
RE: Best EIA Games - 5/27/2005 6:06:56 AM   
montesaurus

One of my more memorable games was the last face to face game I played. I was France, and up against the world. I had done exceptionally well, even being allied with Prussia, till he broke the alliance against me. By 1810 the entire world was allied and at war against France, and the allies were inexorably pushing back the French. I had lost several minors in central Germany to Russia, TU, and Pr. I noticed that due to the way their battle plans were going that Austria was getting none of the spoils of war, even though Au had been defeated by me earlier and had good reason to expect to get something. During the diplomatic phase I worked hard on convincing the Austrian that by leaving the alliance, then allying with me, and declaring war on one of my enemies he would benefit more in the Political point/victory points arena. This would occur because the allies he didn't declare on would all eventually be declaring war on him in order to help him against our common enemies! The enemy then proceeded to retreat, and he was able to conquer several minor countries that he wanted. Plus, being combined with me gave him more opportunities to win battles combined with good French morale!
Before the game ended I was ready to do a double turn, and be in a position to annihilate a large Turkish feudal army.But then one player had to leave the game for personal resons and it ended. The lesson taught by this game is this, if you're going to be in an alliance with many players make sure the key parties are not being ignored! If an ally feels that he is being left out of the victory point total, and not getting any of the loot, the potential then exists to effect a change! At the games end both the Austrian and I felt this was a good move for the Austrian, though the other players in the game wouldn't have concurred!!

montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792

(in reply to Reverberate)
Post #: 3
RE: Best EIA Games - 5/27/2005 3:11:22 PM   
von Wachtstein

If we're talking about the board game.....

EiA is always such a treat to play, especially if you can get new vict, er, opponents to sign on.

I always opt for France just because I've been pretty successful at playing it. The diplomatic aspect of the game is huge, and if you do it right you can get away with murder, even getting others to do the dirty deed for you. If the EiA electronic game is ever going to be as good as the board game, it will have to be able to assimlate the diplomatic function into the game. As I rarely ever play anything other than the AI, I don't see how the AI is going to simulate the hurt feelings live players have when you stab them in the back, real or imagined.

Still, I would jump at the chance to get into another marathon game if possible. The last time I played I was a faculty advisor, and played with some ROTC cadets, and some other students who were more into history than war, and we had an exceptional game in which we played for an entire school year. We managed to get together every Sunday from just after lunch to about 7 in the evening. During the school breaks we got together for some 24 hour sessions that really got interesting, considering the fatigue level of some of the less inspired players. I won that one for Nappy, by the way. The best player other than myself played England, fortunately for me, because he was an excellent opponent. He just simply couldn't mount a viable ground attack, and his allies often stabbed him in the back the first chance they got. The fact that they couldn't keep an alliance together long enough to do any damage is what really won the game for me. Before the end I controlled the map from Gibralter to Moscow, and on into the Egypt, along with the major cities along the coast of North Africa.

I don't suppose anyone who loves this game resides in or around Hampton Roads?

If the enemy is in range, so are you!

(in reply to montesaurus)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Best EIA Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI