Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Nice surprise

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Nice surprise Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nice surprise - 6/13/2005 9:35:59 PM   
Embiss

Wasnt sure I was going to like this, I am normally a fan of modern warfare.....

I was put off by the idea that this was trying to be like a table top minatures game, I couldnt see the point of trying to do that on a PC and didnt think it would work but I decided it was cheap enough to try.

What a suprise, this really works!! its easy to learn exciting to play and makes a nice change from the modern era.

Only two gripes, the mouse pointer is a bit "soggy", feels like I am trying to play whilst drunk, and It could really do with being playable by email. A battle just takes too long to play out online,
So, when the ai loses its appeal as an opponent I will be putting this down...but maybe there will be others in the series to pick up by then, certainly feels like its a game with "legs" in terms of keeping my interest.

...oh and a battle editor would be a really nice touch, sure all this has been said before but just thought I would chuck in my two ha'pneth

....and add something to encourage the diehard "moderns", that this is worth a look.

Thanks a lot Koios, Great game.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Post #: 1
RE: Nice surprise - 6/13/2005 10:07:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks Mark!

A slow mouse generally indicates that your video card is not keeping up with the game well. If you haven't updated to the latest version yet, please do so. Then try the different texture and resolution settings until you find one that works best for you.

As for other games in the series, there already is one! Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great is available through our store and was the first in the series, released late last year.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Embiss)
Post #: 2
RE: Nice surprise - 6/14/2005 6:39:56 PM   
koiosworks

quote:

ORIGINAL: embis

feels like I am trying to play whilst drunk
Thanks a lot Koios, Great game.

That is our secret to our great AI... Drunk players!

(in reply to Embiss)
Post #: 3
RE: Nice surprise - 6/14/2005 10:46:59 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

A slow mouse generally indicates that your video card is not keeping up with the game well. If you haven't updated to the latest version yet, please do so. Then try the different texture and resolution settings until you find one that works best for you.

I also found that adjusting the anisotropic filtering smooths the mouse movement as well. RTW had this issue when it first came out and I discovered that by adjusting this anisotropic filtering feature to maximum that the jerking or feeling like the mouse pointer was drunk was fixed.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Nice surprise Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI