Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moving SPW@W

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Moving SPW@W Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving SPW@W - 11/6/2000 1:21:00 AM   
Dave_R

Hi Guys! This isn't strictly a problem with SPW@W But I'm stuck! Currently I've got the game on my cranky old P133, where it's been plodding on. Yesterday I took delivery of my spanking new PIII machine. So How do I get the game from the old one to the new one! I know that I've need a paralel cable, which I've got, but from there I'm blank on how to shift it over. I'd be greatfull if anybody could explain what to do. Oh! If you need to know, the old machine hase an early version of Win95, the new one has Win98 2nd Ed. Oh! Another thought. Can I just shift the game accross? Or will it have to be the download copy? If it's the second case, then it's a moot point, cos I had to ditch that after installing the game? Old machine only had 2Gigs of HD. Thanks in advance. Dave.

Post #: 1
- 11/6/2000 3:02:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I'd look for a copy of Computer Gaming World and get the ver 4 CD. Otherwise its a download...you need the install program so windows knows its there. Simply copying all the files may work for solitarire play, but I think you will problems.

(in reply to Dave_R)
Post #: 2
- 11/7/2000 11:40:00 PM   
BlitzSS

I've used LapLink to port files between none networked CPUs. This works well without tying up phone lines. There is also a DOS command(s) that will use the serial ports to Xfer data. Off the top of my head I don't want to try to step you through that one. It was a bit tedious, but if you have a reference manual the capability is there.

"Nuts"

(in reply to Dave_R)
Post #: 3
- 11/14/2000 12:09:00 PM   
Ed Cogburn

Desperation option: If your old machine's hard drive is an IDE drive, your new machine very likely supports IDE on the motherboard, so you physically move your old drive into the new machine, copy from old drive to new drive, then restore both machines. Ugly, and not easy, but it works.

(in reply to Dave_R)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Moving SPW@W Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI