Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mega Campaign blues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Mega Campaign blues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mega Campaign blues - 7/21/2001 8:07:00 AM   
Jim D

Anyone else having random (but all too frequent) crashing with the new "Desert Fox" mega campaign. The interface just @#%&* the bed whenever it feels like it. I tried contacting Matrix help desk, but their CGI form doesn't seem to work either. I can't believe I paid for this crap! [ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: David Heath ]

Post #: 1
- 7/21/2001 8:40:00 AM   
AlvinS

Hello JD1 Sorry to hear you are having trouble. What set-up are you running? Did you do a fresh install or copy over an old one? A couple of people have had problems that were solved with a fresh install. if you did not do a fresh install delete the steel.prf file, and the game will build a new one when you re-start. If you upgrade to 6.1 that will automatically delete the steel.prf for you. I hope this helps. This is a great game. Hang in there. Alvin

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 2
- 7/21/2001 12:24:00 PM   
David Heath

Hi JD1 You post really dis no help to anyone including yourself. Lets have some details. System information, etc... as posted above would be helpful if you really want some help. Also the Help Desk works fine. I know I been answering tickets in it all day. [ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: David Heath ]

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 3
- 7/21/2001 1:17:00 PM   
A_B

I had problems to until i deleted the file, which is the 'preferences file' and can be found in the regular Save folder in the SPWAW directory. I'm running windows2000, which causes problems - i can't play with C/C on, for instance. I would save your game by copying the folder in the folder in SPWAW. Do this often, in the middle and end of the game. I know it is a pain, but worth the time, and really doesn't take long at all if your SPWAW dircetroy is opened up. The Matrix guys will help you. What other small - or large - for that matter, would respond to your post at 2am on a Saterday morning? At the same time, i sympathize with your plight. Software bugs are such a frustrating thing. Good luck.

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 4
- 7/24/2001 2:23:00 PM   
General Mayhem

quote:

Originally posted by A_B: I had problems to until i deleted the file, which is the 'preferences file' and can be found in the regular Save folder in the SPWAW directory. I'm running windows2000, which causes problems - i can't play with C/C on, for instance. I would save your game by copying the folder in the folder in SPWAW. Do this often, in the middle and end of the game. I know it is a pain, but worth the time, and really doesn't take long at all if your SPWAW dircetroy is opened up.
Same. I have Windows 2000 and using C&C with it. crashes SPWAW too. I don't know about realibility without it, as I've only tested that it won't crash without it. And I'd like to use C&C......

----------------------------- Sex, rags and and rock'n roll! ------------------------------

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 5
- 7/30/2001 9:29:00 AM   
Tombstone

As far as I can tell, I must play the MCNA with C&C off, or else the game crashes... I like playing with C&C on too, but cannot in the MC. I'm sure they'll come out with a patch at some point, the game is still very satisfying without C&C. I know that from experience. Tomo

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 6
- 7/30/2001 9:58:00 PM   
General Mayhem

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone: As far as I can tell, I must play the MCNA with C&C off, or else the game crashes... I like playing with C&C on too, but cannot in the MC. I'm sure they'll come out with a patch at some point, the game is still very satisfying without C&C. I know that from experience. Tomo
Yes, but I'm masochist, and MCNA crashing to C&C falls short of my expectations how much I can punish myself. ;)

----------------------------- Sex, rags and and rock'n roll! ------------------------------

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 7
- 7/30/2001 10:08:00 PM   
Marty 1

Excuse me for asking but what is C&C?

You can never make something idiotproof.
As soon as you do they invent a better idiot.

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 8
- 7/30/2001 10:51:00 PM   
General Mayhem

quote:

Originally posted by Marty 1: Excuse me for asking but what is C&C?
Command and Control in preferences. Check manual if doesn't sound familiar :)

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 9
- 7/30/2001 11:16:00 PM   
Marty 1

Oh I thought it had something to do with Win2000. Thanks.

You can never make something idiotproof.
As soon as you do they invent a better idiot.

(in reply to Jim D)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Mega Campaign blues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI