Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Windows ME

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Windows ME Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows ME - 6/30/2005 11:11:07 PM   
Tophat

Any chance this will run on windows ME?
Post #: 1
RE: Windows ME - 6/30/2005 11:51:28 PM   
Tophat

Have 2 computers and the wife has my XP machine currently in bondage. Leaving me with an 800Mhz P3 thats running WindowsME at the moment.
Game installed ok and seems to run,but abit slow.Atleast on the strategic map,i'll start a game after a look at the manuel.Naturally I can't find my XP disk to upgrade my ME computer to XP.
We are allowed to have the game on 2 computers correct?

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows ME - 7/1/2005 12:10:39 AM   
Zen

I, too, am very interested in Windows ME compatibility, so any more information would appreciated.

Zen

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows ME - 7/1/2005 7:17:21 PM   
ericbabe

We had all sorts of problems with beta testers who tried to run it on ME, though some ME systems seemed to be able to run it alright. I would caution against buying the game if you only have an ME system to run it on.

(in reply to Zen)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows ME - 7/2/2005 2:20:24 AM   
Tophat

LOL.........

purchased it yesterday as soon as i could.......and so far its working.then again i have not been in a battle yet. Just startedup a 1792 campaign and it loaded fine,i then realized i needed to read the tutorial&manual as i was abit overwhelmed.

I will let you know how it works and if there is a problem i'm simply upgrading to XP.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows ME - 7/3/2005 3:30:26 AM   
Tophat

You were 100% right...way too many problems with ME so its an XP upgrade for me!

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 6
RE: Windows ME - 7/3/2005 3:52:04 PM   
Alex777

I have been running CoG under WinME on a 5 year old laptop. Everything, including Quick & Detailed Battles, works with 1 exception. The game usually crashes when I right-click on a unit to bring up the Attachment Window. I can use the Military Advisor Window to attach & transfer units. The ONLY problem is this: there appears to be no way to detach units or disembark them from ships in this window. The ALT left-click detachment command has not been implemented for this window?

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 7
RE: Windows ME - 7/3/2005 4:07:17 PM   
PDiFolco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alex777

I have been running CoG under WinME on a 5 year old laptop. Everything, including Quick & Detailed Battles, works with 1 exception. The game usually crashes when I right-click on a unit to bring up the Attachment Window. I can use the Military Advisor Window to attach & transfer units. The ONLY problem is this: there appears to be no way to detach units or disembark them from ships in this window. The ALT left-click detachment command has not been implemented for this window?

I've EXACTLY the same problem (see my post below) but with W98SE.
It looks like the Gold build has had a change that makes the unit r-click systematically crash, because betatesters say Beta builds did work on W98 and ME ... Too bad

(in reply to Alex777)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Windows ME Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI