Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Money

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Money Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Money - 7/4/2005 6:09:33 PM   
Wolfeh

I seem to bankrupt myself as Britain everysingle game I play. I only play with trade adviser on so I can keep track of spending, but even with all units on foraging, maximum taxes and my economy setup to how Ralegh's guide says, I still run myself into the ground. Part of it seems to be the fact that the reports don't seem to add up in any way what so ever. Am I readin them wrong, because it's been the only downer on this game for me (Besides the crashes).

Frankly, I'm more scared of economics than the French at this point.
Post #: 1
RE: Money - 7/4/2005 6:15:49 PM   
SLTxDarkknight

as are most of us, hopefully the Econ Primer will be available still, until then beware supply depots, banks upgrade upgrade and increase tax level abit and be thrifty:-)

(in reply to Wolfeh)
Post #: 2
RE: Money - 7/4/2005 6:34:08 PM   
sol_invictus

Are you building units immediately? Putting units in city garrison; halves upkeep. I would maually handle trade because trade routes can be expensive; based on length and whether it is between ports. Increase Banks in your most populous provinces. Raise taxes and send out your Merchants to high value sea zones that aren't crowded with other Nations Merchants or Privateers. Level of Docks in the Provinces bordering the sea zone is a factor in how much trade can be generated. Build more Merchants; Britain is a trading Empire in this era; in your provinces with high Docks; they will generate more trade for you. Since England is fairly safe from direct invasion, you can also reduce Military Readiness until your economy is generating excess cash; although this is risky and I would be loathe to do it when at war.That's probably only a fraction of some of the things you can do; if you aren't already. Like SLTx said; we might simply have to wait on the Econ Primer before we can get our hands around this beast.

< Message edited by Arinvald -- 7/4/2005 7:31:14 PM >

(in reply to Wolfeh)
Post #: 3
RE: Money - 7/4/2005 10:30:21 PM   
Naomi

I played Britain, I accumulated nearly 2000 gold towards the end of 1810.
Like Arinvald said, limit the number of trade routes in the beginning of the scenario, till you hv greater merchant boats and enhanced banks. Keep producing merchant boats at Kent. Move merchant boats to the east of Norwegian Sea, merchant boats in the Baltic sea zones are relatively less crowded, if not absent. Tilt the tax rate to 20% or more, and that doesnt hurt much. I had spring levies of up to 4 divisions for home provinces in every April and limited my starting divisions to sieges so I never had to rush to build any division counter. Though the spring levies are mostly miltias, they can get promoted to infantrymen after having won even small battles, so send them to overseas ventures as early as possible.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 4
RE: Money - 7/4/2005 11:33:26 PM   
Wolfeh

I played around, and found it was the trade advisor running me into the ground. I'm still struggling somewhat, but that's to be expected when I'm maintaining a multiple corps army fighting in Spain I guess.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 5
RE: Money - 7/5/2005 2:14:24 AM   
LaVean

How many Provinces did you control? Look at the corruption level...it will go above 66% when you are above 18 provinces and you will quickly be bankrupt...

I am expermenting with ceding provinces....it would be nice if you could cede them to a minor power who is a protectorate.

(in reply to Wolfeh)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Money Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI