Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World War Two Campaign: Problems loading saved games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> World War Two Campaign: Problems loading saved games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World War Two Campaign: Problems loading saved games - 12/23/2001 9:53:00 PM   
Christian Blex

After upgrading SPWAW to v7.0 I found some time to do a World War Two campaign. I saved the campaign between every battle (after the after-battle-report). The game always crashes when I try to load these savings. I can load mid-battle savings. More strange, I can load between-battle savings from regular(user-made) campaigns. Any suggestions? Merry Christmas to all of you!
Christian

"Kotzen und kleckern!!!"
Post #: 1
- 12/24/2001 2:44:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

quote:

Originally posted by Christian:
After upgrading SPWAW to v7.0 I found some time to do a World War Two campaign. I saved the campaign between every battle (after the after-battle-report). The game always crashes when I try to load these savings. I can load mid-battle savings. More strange, I can load between-battle savings from regular(user-made) campaigns. Any suggestions? Merry Christmas to all of you!
Christian

Hi, I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Any game saved from the battle report screen crashes the game. Any other save game is ok... Strange... Merry Christmas, Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Christian Blex)
Post #: 2
- 12/25/2001 1:05:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

Same here.

Target, Cease Fire !

Post #: 3
- 12/25/2001 1:50:00 AM   
SoleSurvivor

temporary fix: save last turn or after deployment in next level. longterm fix: hope for a bugfix

"Wenn sie jetzt ganz unverhohlen
wieder Nazilieder johlen
über Juden Witze machen
über Menschenrechte lachen
wenn sie dann in lauten Tönen
saufend ihrer Dummheit frönen
denn am Deutschen hinterm Tresen
muss nun mal die Welt genesen
dann steh auf u

Post #: 4
- 12/25/2001 5:35:00 AM   
Supervisor

Big warnings are supplied from Matrix not to use old saved games from previous versions. You should always start new after upgrading versions due to numerous OOB's changes and program coding.

Post #: 5
- 12/25/2001 10:37:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

quote:

Originally posted by gmenfan:
Big warnings are supplied from Matrix not to use old saved games from previous versions. You should always start new after upgrading versions due to numerous OOB's changes and program coding.
Hi, No old save games used here. Clean, fresh install. Regards, Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Post #: 6
- 12/26/2001 1:51:00 AM   
kwachu

This happen always in campaign started in 6.1. Have the same. Save game after deployment. merry christmas

Post #: 7
- 12/26/2001 4:40:00 AM   
Supervisor

Sorry Lars I didn't know. Try reninstalling the game again over itself sometimes the game doesn't always register all the info to Windows and the registry correctly, those who have had similar problems had their problems cured by reinstalling the game. Good luck Merry Christmas

Post #: 8
- 12/28/2001 8:15:00 AM   
mogami

Greetings. I have reinstalled 3 times but this crash always occurs. The only way around it is to not save after the battle. Upgrade/repair buy support and then save. The problem here is you must fight the next battle whatever it is. (the other way you can just keep restarting intill you get a mission you like) Another fix that will let you change this is to save every turn of battle (on defends where you don'yt know when battle will end) In battles where you are going to occupy all the VH's save that turn. Then you just redo last turn of battle and upgrade/repair find out next mission and decide. In any event the save after battle will crash the program so don't do it.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 9
- 12/30/2001 5:48:00 AM   
Assassin

I had this random lockup problem after fitting 7.0
Started new campaign. Same problem occured.
Removed SPWAW and reinstalled 6.1 - no lockups.
Still experimenting. Computer running Windows XP Still best game available.

Post #: 10
- 12/30/2001 12:36:00 PM   
Supervisor

Just curious are any of these problems with MegaCampaigns or just normal Campaigns because if they are Mega's and your running anything higher than Win 98 SE make sure that your turn C & C is off, there is a bug from within Microsofts code that causes crashes in the MegaCampaigns with C & C on, but normal Campaigns and scenarios have worked well. One other thing sometimes due to OOB's being updated not all older scenarios and campaigns get updated to use the new OOB's which also can lead to random crashes. If you have problems with specific Campaigns or scenarios please inquire within the SPWAW forum and we'll see if they have been or can be updated to reflect changes. [ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

Post #: 11
- 12/31/2001 8:29:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Mogami:
Greetings. I have reinstalled 3 times but this crash always occurs. The only way around it is to not save after the battle. Upgrade/repair buy support and then save. The problem here is you must fight the next battle whatever it is. (the other way you can just keep restarting intill you get a mission you like) Another fix that will let you change this is to save every turn of battle (on defends where you don'yt know when battle will end) In battles where you are going to occupy all the VH's save that turn. Then you just redo last turn of battle and upgrade/repair find out next mission and decide. In any event the save after battle will crash the program so don't do it.
I'm involved in a 2 player WWII campaign as the opfor. I also have seen the lockup if you save after the battle instead of after the turn. Another issue that has shown up is that if the opfor ends the battle due to morale breaking and no vic hexes held, the opfor player will see an end of battle screen, but when the other player loads up that save they will continue on with the same battle. To end the battle early, once the opfor has seen an end of battle screen, the campaigning player has to select computer opponent for one turn to end the game and continue on to the repair/upgrade screen. Otherwise the battle will continue on until the turn limit, raising the possibility that the campaigning player will kill all the opfor units and have a lockup that way (unless this was fixed without being mentioned in the notes).
thanks, John.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> World War Two Campaign: Problems loading saved games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI